Dynadot

discuss Do you own your last name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This morning, I picked up Bellone.com from a private party.

While reflecting, I realized that I have not seen many people operating on their last name .coms.

Does anyone else out there own their last name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you actively use your initial, then .com is always better. For example, George W. Bush, for him GeorgeWBush would work great...

If com is not available, then .org could be the next best thing for this purpose...

•••
Highly recommend getting the .com if possible. I negotiated for almost 2 years to get mine. After I got it, I got an unsolicited offer for 6 times what I paid. Not for sale though.

Also, when I see last names go at auction I try to get them. I have bought maybe 10 and was able to more than pay for all of them with two sales.

•••
I got my <first name>.club <first name>.email and <first name&last name>.com

•••
For personal names we can use new gtld's if .com is not available.

•••
Got last name which I use for email [email protected]
Got first and last name combo which I should probably forward to facebook page.

•••
What about
first name middle initial last name .com
Or
Firstname last name .net
Which ones better?
The former.

•••
I used to have my first name last name.com (like GeorgeWashington.com). I let it lapse because I don't like to be known...and, I am perfectly fine with that.
I can definitely see the benefits to having just the last name, though.

•••
Ah. I'm not talking for resale.

It has more value anyway.

Imagine your name is John and you have (and use) john.com.

VALUE! Your brand has this value.

Not everything is about resale. Also, if you are the first owner, then resale is impossible.

•••
I have my first name, and last name, separate, with many TLDs, but not with .com.
I do have the .net and .org .

•••
LOL, No way I can get mine and especially can't get (firstlast).com, but I did pick up NaturallyMoore.com for my personal site.

•••
No, but I own my first name .com, which is much better for me :)

•••
Most of my first/last name domains are used with small websites for the matter of creating more backlinks and more ways to reach the domains I'm selling.
For example, omri.news has links to my .news domains, etc...

•••
I have my moms, brother, niece, and couple cousins first name .com, unfortunately I was only able to get my first + last name .com. my niece in college loves it, my cousins weird about it, my mom and brother can care less.

•••
This morning, I picked up Bellone.com from a private party.

While reflecting, I realized that I have not seen many people operating on their last name .coms.

Does anyone else out there own their last name?
Yeah, MY last name is part of my LLC...and yes, I own it

•••
I owned my last name, nosbisch.com, back in 2000 or 2001 but I let it drop. Back then I didn't think anyone would ever register it and oh yeah, I was 14.

Nosbisch.com has been for sale for $20,000 for years but definitely not worth the price even to me.

•••
I decided to take the first+last .org hopefully it pays off we'll see though.

Your thoughts using .org instead?

•••
•••
Which name should I use for personal branding Firstname.com or Lastname.com or maybe FirstnameLastname.com?

Thanks.

•••
•••
My first and last kinda seem to be popular and I failed to get AbdullahAbdullah.com , I have the dashed one but I am dropping it lol, instead , I use my FirstMiddle and redict it to my website :)

Not any more . AbdullahAbdullah.com has come home :)

It is mine and you are not evwn allowed to dream about it. It waa getting so personal lol

•••
My last name is a 4L. Add an 's and it's the name of a popular department store in the US. I own the .xyz, so my personal email is [email protected]. The .com and .net weren't for sale, .org is priced at $10K, and the .us was priced for an insane $5K. I managed to buy the .xyz off of the owner about a year ago for $100. He originally wanted $500. I guess I didn't do too bad. My personal email looks pretty bad-ass.

Someone else owns my FN+LN in .com for his kid, and the guy never responded to my emails. My personal site is on a .xyz.

•••
Just for curiosity I asked the price of Maya.info and the strange owner told me 12K.
He has .org, .info and .biz from 2005-2006 and this greek guy think he will sell them one day.
Really ridiculous.
Maya is a TM, and no one will name his business Maya, just because if you google the first thouthands results will be about Maya Design Software, mayan culture and calendar, and after all this MAYBE the potencial client will find something about the business he wanted to search.
Anyway, I am not crazy to pay 12K for .info not for any another extencion.
But the domain owner really think somebody will buy it for 12K.
He dont see this name is bad for online business, travel related sites dont need just "maya", so his possible buyer just somebody like me but any normal person will pay XXXXX for the domain with possible TM and just for caprice.
Anyway, even he would acept my 80-150 (I dont remember what I offered to him) but even having the domain I dont have any idea how could I use it.

•••
Just for curiosity I asked the price of Maya.info and the strange owner told me 12K.
He has .org, .info and .biz from 2005-2006 and this greek guy think he will sell them one day.
Really ridiculous.
Maya is a TM, and no one will name his business Maya, just because if you google the first thouthands results will be about Maya Design Software, mayan culture and calendar, and after all this MAYBE the potencial client will find something about the business he wanted to search.
He dont see this name is bad for online business, travel related sites dont need just "maya", so his possible buyer just somebody like me but any normal person will pay XXXXX for the domain with possible TM and just for caprice.
Anyway, even he would acept my 80-150 (I dont remember what I offered to him) but even having the domain I dont have any idea how could I use it.

•••
Really ridiculous.

•••
Really ridiculous.
Maybe you can consider registering a domain name with "maya + givenname" or "givenname + maya"

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back