Dynadot

discuss Do you own your last name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This morning, I picked up Bellone.com from a private party.

While reflecting, I realized that I have not seen many people operating on their last name .coms.

Does anyone else out there own their last name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In passport and in spelling i have some difference in my surname. So i don't know which variant to buy for me in .com :-/

•••
•••
•••
You want me to guess without knowing what it is? )

•••
•••
Mr. Deleted is right you should use popular one and delete second one.

•••
No, I don't own my last name.

•••
just looked up my last name .com (hollingsworth.com) and it happens to be associated with my actual job (electrician)

•••
got mine on .org and .mobi

•••
Is it worth getting your first and last name or just last name on the other available extensions?

What do you think the the 2nd best extension for your name is?

•••
•••
•••
lastname.mobi?? is for mobile? ))

It's interesting how 5 years ago .mobi made sense and how things have changed so fast.

•••
yup .mobi made sense - glad I didn't go in heavy

•••
•••
Would you register the full name of the owner of your last name and propose a trade?

If so, would you be offended if the owner of your last name registered your full name in direct response?

Would that be playing in to which you would want, demonstrating intent? Or, does the whole blackmail thing throw intent right out the window?

just happened to me... lol

•••
At my country, Only the first name (or midle name + first name) is used.

•••
I managed to snag the .com of mine 13 years ago. I use it for personal e-mail and for professional e-mail that doesn't fall under the umbrella of either of my businesses. I've had inquiries for it, but don't think I would ever give it up. Businesses will come and go, but my name will be my main brand until I die.

•••
unfortunately I have the most common name in America i think (John) and Last name has been taken for years. I do remember when it was available and could care less way back then :/ I do have my first + Last name but it is a whopping 19L.com. I have a shortened version as well.

•••
i just registered my first and last name 3 days ago.

am happy right now:D:D:D

which is the best to register between firstlast.com or lastfirst.com?

•••
Neh. My last name was registered in 1994, 3 years before I started domaining.

I just checked, and even triumph.rocks is registered. WTH? :D

•••
Neh. My last name was registered in 1994, 3 years before I started domaining.

I just checked, and even triumph.rocks is registered. WTH? :D

What is your domain ?

•••
If your lastname.com is very expensive or impossible to acquire; you may want to consider adding a prefix such as (Mr, Ms, Mrs, At, WWW,..) or suffix like adding a (L) initial or a number.

But if you insist on having your name without any additions; then new gTLD is your last viable option; I just don't see giving up a .COM for something like .WTF :)

•••
Do we have anyone here with the name Vikram? I am considering selling Vikr.com ) I wish somebody offered my first or last name's first four letters in dot com to me )

•••
What about
first name middle initial last name .com
Or
Firstname last name .net
Which ones better?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back