IT.COM

poll Do you outreach using email on the selling domain?

NameSilo
Watch

What email do you use for outreach?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I use email on the domain I'm selling

votes
    0.0%
  • I don't give a damn and use gmail or whatever public email

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

golan

GolanMedia.comTop Member
Impact
Just recently i've read here, don't remember in which thread and whose idea this was, all credits go to the good guy who wrote about this - about sending outreach emails from the box on the same domain you sell, for example you sell domain youneedthisdomain.com so you create an email box on this domain and send outreach emails from [name]@youneedthisdomain.com .

I immediately liked the idea, as i see a big advantage in this tactics; but also a big disadvantage as well.

The advantage: instant credibility; your prospect clearly sees that you are the owner of the domain. Many questions, doubts, and suspicions drop off even before they appear.

The disadvantage: you can communicate from this email only until the sale. Which might be not so beneficial for creating your strong market presence. For example if one day you decide to sell to the buyer something else, you'll need to do it from another email. Also, your correspondence with the buyer breaks at the moment of transfer, and then you need to change to another email and the buyer would need to get used to it and not to loose it in his spam filters etc etc. Also: if you contact multiple prospects, then after the sale other addressees can't contact you at all... Even if you include to your text your other email, who would go and look... Everybody just hits reply.

What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, i believe that is the best kind to do outbound...in some perfect world of domains.
I like the idea but it would be hard to do that in reality. Just consider the amount of domains you own, and now you would have to make an email for every single one, and keep eyes on all of them so you can make fast response.
I'm not sure, but don't you need to host a domain somewhere in order to make an email with a domain address in it? If yes then it would be additional cost. There are some solutions like Zoho to make free email for domain but it is complicated and takes time.
So - if you need to host domain in order to make authentic email = additional costs
- if you use other solutions it would take long to make it for all names = time consuming

I think it only make sense to do this with premium, high-quality domains.
For all other domains you can easily make your own marketplace and use the email of your marketplace. And also that way potential buyer can verify you - connecting: domain => you => email => marketplace => domain again.

•••
and keep eyes on all of them so you can make fast response
Redirect to one mother email, no big deal.

I'm not sure, but don't you need to host a domain somewhere in order to make an email with a domain address in it?
In my case, as i'm doing SEO, i have a lot of hosting accounts anyway, so that's not a problem. In fact, you can even use any $1/month hosting for operating emails. BUT. Anyway you'd better route these emails via Rackspace or Zoho or Googleapps, depends on your budget, because you don't want your emails getting lost in your addressees spam boxes. $1/account/month at Rackspace, that's what i use.

For all other domains you can easily make your own marketplace and use the email of your marketplace.
Exactly, that's what i'm doing now.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back