Dynadot

poll Do Exact Match Domains Still Work?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do Exact Match Domains Still Work?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    85.2%
  • No

votes
    14.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Our friends at Search Engine Journal has a recent article discussing this subject.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/do-exact-match-domains-still-work/283759/

In conclusion it was noted:

"Putting the time, effort, and money behind your EMD can give you a competitive advantage of building a brand (not just a domain name) that will hold many memories that you can benefit from later."

What do you think, do exact match domains still work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've took 2018's reported outbound sales on namepros into an excel sheet, and analyzed them all.
From 187 sales, 85 was geo+KW (can be considered EMD as well), 51 was non geo EMD, and the rest (51) spread between ngtlds, brandables, 1 word domains. So EMDs clearly work when it comes to outbound.

Reported EMD sales on namebio are the results of good SEO metrics. And of course Godaddy's huge exposure that's only available for themselves. In my humble opinion vast majority of those sales results are worthless.

Independent inbound (end user) sales results for EMDs are unknown for me. I would bet it's a very small number as compared to outbound, and auctions. I've sold the last few of mine via inbound in 2016, and all of them was in the low 3 figure range. I would be interested to hear other people's experiences on them as well. Are they even sell in the four figure range, or only three figures, if at all?

Last edited:
•••
I've took 2018's reported outbound sales on namepros into an excel sheet, and analyzed them all.
From 187 sales, 85 was geo+KW (can be considered EMD as well), 51 was non geo EMD, and the rest (51) spread between ngtlds, brandables, 1 word domains. So EMDs clearly work when it comes to outbound.

Reported EMD sales on namebio are the results of good SEO metrics. And of course Godaddy's huge exposure that's only available for themselves. In my humble opinion vast majority of those sales results are worthless.

Independent inbound (end user) sales results for EMDs are unknown for me. I would bet it's a very small number as compared to outbound, and auctions. I've sold the last few of mine via inbound in 2016, and all of them was in the low 3 figure range. I would be interested to hear other people's experiences on them as well. Are they even sell in the four figure range, or only three figures, if at all?
Wow! Thank you for analyzing all of that data!

•••
•••
•••
It will really help people for making 2019 strategy .

I'll post a thread about it on np as soon as the year ends to have it complete for the whole year.

•••

It would be great if you can share that excel sheet!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back