NameSilo

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by dande, Jul 24, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee Grandseeds.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Received one (or two) this morning and deleted it right away without any clicking.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Michael

Michael NameBio.com NameBio Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  3. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If action jackson ratted out epik, and thats the reason for the epik paypal divorce, why namebio get popped too?
    There is more to this than epik and its dïgital currency or choice of presidency
    Hopefully people are sniffing around other
    “ forums” or reditt or wherever and truth comes out.
    Wondering if it has anything to do with all the friends and family transactions people use, to avoid payïng paypal their fees
    Not once did i do that, lots people here do and if i had i would be quite concerned because that is fraud in i’s of paypal

4. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

And the plot thickens.

Many years ago I had my PP account closed because of a website I was managing that got complaints.

The timing was very poor because I had worked hard to fix the issues and when they closed my account all the "fixes" went to waste.

Once I closed down the website they restored my PP account and I've had no issues since then.

So I haven't been a fan of them for awhile and use them with caution.

5. Michael

6. BradWilson

Déjà vu smh

It's amazing to me how they get away with this and we continue to fall for it because they're so popular.

We're forced to use them and just when we think all is well, they pull the rug out from under our feet. Then everything we've worked so hard for is gone.

7. Michael

FWIW, the same thing happened to us with MailChimp recently. They banned us out of the blue with no explanation, and it turned out one of the domains in our daily newsletter had a bad previous history and they thought we were promoting the illegal site. I got the ban removed in like 6 minutes so I deleted all the stink I raised about it. They're probably using the same system PayPal is.

8. BradWilson

Oh no this is too funny NOT!

Regarding Mailchimp, I just saw this article...

https://reclaimthenet.org/mailchimp-misinformation-censorship/

9. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Before I read your article I knew that was going to be the reason why. Old names, old sites the previous owner might have done something and they think you are tied to it in some way. Good luck getting the account back, hopefully they can understand it's not Namebio.

10. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

omg... all is now clear from professional domaining point of view. Hope you'll be able to restore your account! Crossing fingers... As for epik case - what if epik also included domain names in marketplace transaction details? What if somebody sold a domain name on epik marketplace, and paypal did not like the domain?

Edited: Sedo also includes domain names, at least in sellers payments via paypal. No issues so far...

11. tonyk2000

Mailchimp is a home for spammers, including domaining related spammers. I check headers of the most annoying spam in my inbox, including for example fake subscriptions I never agreed to - many are sent via mailchimp. I'd say they actually did you a favor... as you'll now find a better altermative :)

12. zangief

zangief Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Been away from domains for a long time , someone contacted me for an old domain and wanted to use Epik.
    My feedback is positive , everything was fine , support was faster than me :)
    Greetings from Turkey.

13. tonyk2000

What is Epik marketing team thinking? ;-() How about more unique slogan?

ideas-epik.jpg

VS

ideas-sedo.jpg

14. pb

pb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What is the best way to get authcodes for my domains at epik? I can click on a domain and go to Transfers and then "Transfer domain to another registrar" and that gives me the code. But if I select 2 or more domains, that option is greyed-out. Is there a way to display or export more codes at once?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  15. Gube

Gube Just do it VIP

You can request all your auth codes by contacting them directly (should still be [email protected]). It may just not be instant depending on when you make that contact but they will respond positively to your request for sure

16. Jess Robison

Jess Robison Established Member Epik.com Staff

Hello - I have sent you a direct message here on NP. Due to security, I wanted to message you directly and request the information needed so I can review your account.

Thanks!

17. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As seller, do you receive next/2nd bid via Epik system?
    For me, initial/1st bid is always the only one (final).
    + also no any replies on my internal messages to bidders.
    This is my 2020 experience on Epik landers.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  18. Jurgen Wolf

+ DAN.
    They also leak the domain names in their payouts, regardless of payout method.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  19. curesync

curesync New Member

Is anyone at Epik in a position to help me get godaddy to drop my domain (registered yesterday) and let me register it elsewhere/with epik? They restricted all access to my account and domain citing need for identity verification, but will not allow anything other than govt id which I wont have until pandemic lets up.

20. BradWilson

I'd say the "best way" to get the authcode for multiple domains is to use Epik's API and run their authcode command in a loop.

I'm currently about to work on this command for my new system, so I'll know more soon.

Once I'm finished coding and testing my system, I plan to release it so anyone can easily use it.

But, in the mean time you could use their API by following the instructions on their API page.

BTW, I'm modifying the Epik API Library written by x7media but it appears it's been removed, maybe because it's a bit buggy ;) I also noticed their site is offline oops! To be clear x7media is not directly connected with Epik and is completely independent of them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  21. Jurgen Wolf

Thanks for "Ban bidder" feature!

22. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

What happened to the .ng accreditation? It seems it never happened. Would be nice to have.

23. lambo.com

lambo.com LoveDomains.com VIP Gold Account

1.1.png

I did all the pg designer stuff but not easy to get NS to park domain. What am I missing?

24. Jurgen Wolf

External domains?
    Nameservers can't be set via Epik, but only via your actual registrar.

25. lambo.com

lambo.com LoveDomains.com VIP Gold Account

Yes, but what of showing where to park the names and the epik nameservers themselves?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice