IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Rob Monster , It is great to see that Epik is really improving faster than we can imagine.

I am still learning more and getting accustom to the dashboard at Epik.

Recently, I had a look at the "Performance" tab and I saw some traffic stats associated with some of my domain names (initially thought they were bot/fake but Tony told me over skype that they are real) and this prompt some questions:

1. What is Park Visits? Does this mean direct type in traffic like typing the domain in browser and landing on the for sale page? Or Where is this traffic coming from?

2. What is Market Visits? Where is this Market Visits coming from?

How are they different from one another?

Yes, lots of innovation coming. Previews here:

https://www.epik.com/about/labs/

Specific to the domain economy, I summed it up in this Tweet:

As for Park visits, it is visits to parking pages or landing pages. A more advanced analytics engine is coming online soon. We are doing something clever with counting visits on the network edge, which means you can have fast page loading and still count and track every visit. You will see soon why that is cool.

As for Market visits, it is visits to the Buy Now, Lease Now or Make offer page and is an indicator of people looking at your domain for possible bid.

The other very helpful indicator of market interest is the WHOIS counts, where we show not just the count but also the IP address log. Numbers in red indicate multiple returning IP addresses, and orange means 1 returning IP address. Pro tip: the red ones are often very interesting.

Last edited:
•••
I want to disable all localized Epik landers, please add this option into Account settings.
Too many non-English messages from visitors/bidders on my Epik parked domains, and it is very annoying...

Last edited:
•••
Please also remove Estibot from all areas, especially from the negotiation threads on the buyer's side.
Alexa, Traffic/Earnings stats within negotiations - must be removed as well.

•••
I want to disable all localized Epik landers, please add this option into Account settings.
Too many non-English messages from visitors/bidders on my Epik parked domains, and it is very annoying...
This setting can be set from here
upload_2020-5-25_17-48-7.png

- Select the names to edit
- In the small menu > Under Build > Park this domain
- Epik Premium Parking
- Set the default currency and/or language
And save

If other settings are not changed, they shouldn't get updated

Gube

•••
@Gube
Thanks, but these settings are just default values from my understanding.
When, for example, visitor is on French IP - your system shows French lander... and then I receive French messages...

•••
@Gube
When, for example, visitor is on French IP - your system shows French lander... and then I receive French messages...
In other words, I want to force strict English regardless of visitor's location.

•••
@Gube
Exact, these are the default setting of the lander.
The user could technically just go to the bottom and switch the language.
However, it won't change the language to French if the user has a French IP (or his browser is set to French), instead it will stick to the default language & currency.

For the Estibot value, we will discuss it shortly with the team :)

Gube

•••

I agree. Just in the past day I have received a rash of offers to one domain from what looks like spammers using "@qq.com" email address with nothing in the offer text. I remember "@qq.com" from other marketplaces always came from spammers.

•••
Please also remove Estibot from all areas, especially from the negotiation threads on the buyer's side.
Alexa, Traffic/Earnings stats within negotiations - must be removed as well.

Does the prospect see that detailed info or is it just for us to assist in responses to offers? If so then I second - it should be removed.
@Gube

•••
Does the prospect see that detailed info or is it just for us to assist in responses to offers? If so then I second - it should be removed.
@Gube
Unfortunately - Yes, they see it.
Raj sent me screenshot last month, all this data is displayed for buyers.

•••
Unfortunately - Yes, they see it.
Raj sent me screenshot last month, all this data is displayed for buyers.

I agree, its not necessary for a prospect to see that info.

•••
I agree, its not necessary for a prospect to see that info.
Yes, especially when idiotic Estibot values like $0 or $5.
How to negotiate in this case???

•••
And one more bug for the domains which were NOT listed on Epik marketplace...
Just Contact Form mode doesn't work as expected, it is processed like regular bid via Epik marketplace...
Is it so hard just to forward visitor's message as other parking plaforms do?

•••
Yes, especially when idiotic Estibot values like $0 or $5.
How to negotiate in this case???

I agree. It is scary that the IRS places weight on their valuations.

•••
Epik has a huge marketplace, I would like to use it but I can not view / filter domains by domain authority, page authority, domain rating, TF/CF, spam score and many other SEO params.
Many people looking for SEO domains, in my humble opinion are very important.
And not a difficult task, ahrefs, moz and semrush have APIs.
Please add this important feature, in 2020 end users deeply analyze these params.
I guess there are gems in your inventory but are impossible to find.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Epik has a huge marketplace, I would like to use it but I can not view / filter domains by domain authority, page authority, domain rating, TF/CF, spam score and many other SEO params.
Many people looking for SEO domains, in my humble opinion are very important.
And not a difficult task, ahrefs, moz and semrush have APIs.
Please add this important feature, in 2020 end users deeply analyze these params.
I guess there are gems in your inventory but are impossible to find.
Thanks
I know where you come from.

Yes they have APIs, but did you check how much do they cost? How would Epik pay these additional thousands $$ a month off? Put them on all of us, by increasing their prices? No thanks.

If you are in SEO, you probably should have your own ways to get SEO metrics for any domain list. Then you just download the list from Epik, just like from any other source, run it by your tool, and voila.

Besides, if these metrics are there for everyone, then of course everyone will see them, and not only you and me, and you loose your leverage.

•••
When I register a domain at epik and list it at afternic, it's not eligible for fast transfer because of the initial transfer lock - I get it. But why 3-4 months later I still didn't get the opt-in e-mail from epik and I needed to go to afternic, remove the domain, add it again and only then get the opt-in e-mail? For domains at godaddy, I can add them right after registering and then I get the opt-in e-mail as soon as they pass the 60-day lock period. Is it a bug at epik, or afternic, or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
•••
Have any members here made a sale via the Epik landing pages?
Curious as I'm going to take them for a test-drive with 1400 .COMs.

Last edited:
•••

Every day, many domains receive offers. Many domains are purchased by users inside Epik.

Especially such sales are not advertised.

•••
When I register a domain at epik and list it at afternic, it's not eligible for fast transfer because of the initial transfer lock - I get it. But why 3-4 months later I still didn't get the opt-in e-mail from epik and I needed to go to afternic, remove the domain, add it again and only then get the opt-in e-mail? For domains at godaddy, I can add them right after registering and then I get the opt-in e-mail as soon as they pass the 60-day lock period. Is it a bug at epik, or afternic, or am I doing something wrong?

Tell your story in private messages. We will discuss this issue with our technicians.

•••
Latest issue, I order 3 domains only 2 get registered. I contact support and they say I didn’t buy it and I should rebuy it. I have to send the receipt and prove my issue every single time. The support staff needs to be trained much much better. Few give the same answer or can fix a problem. The name in question is still unregistered an hour and change later.

•••

I switched in early March and have had more inquiries at Epik than anywhere else for the same time period in other years. Lots of tire kickers. However, only one small sale and looks like one non-payer as the buyer accepted over a week ago and since then no more communication.

•••
Hi there,
I've been trying epik for about 3 months now, great support, and many things are great, it's my favorite registrar but i've always had an issue when it comes to forwarding domains, and i always had to ask the support to ask the technique team to fix it.
When i forward a domain to a link, the link becomes all capital letters. it's a bad thing because capital/ small letter does matter. the domain will not be forwarded if it's not respected.
Please can you fix it?
Regards

•••
I think the problem has just been fixed; i no more find a difficulty with this.
Thank you Epik

•••
Tell your story in private messages. We will discuss this issue with our technicians.
why private message? He has stated the problem......what is the answer as I have had the same problem

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back