IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This would also allow verified domain owners to verify once and list everywhere
That's an excellent solution and will completely remove the ownership verification process. You are a visionary, Rob.

•••
@Gube hacked something that might be clever.

Check this out:

https://nouv.com/

Visit the site and then try to leave. It will prompt you with an encouragement to engage.

The site copy needs to be tuned, but curious to hear what folks think of the method.

•••

Check this out:

Visit the site and then try to leave. It will prompt you with an encouragement to engage.

The site copy needs to be tuned, but curious to hear what folks think of the method.

That's nice - he needs to get rid of the word "of" after discuss.....

•••

Check this out:

Wow, this is lovely. I have seen this before on several internet marketers' websites.

Do you think making that a pop up could do a better conversion when you try to leave and is it available for all domains listed on Epik?

Rob, I love the way you are fast adding different so many features to epik. More power to the team at Epik.

•••

Check this out:

Sorry, too busy falling love with background.

Last edited:
•••
Wow, this is lovely. I have seen this before on several internet marketers' websites.

Do you think making that a pop up could do a better conversion when you try to leave and is it available for all domains listed on Epik?

Rob, I love the way you are fast adding different so many features to epik. More power to the team at Epik.

Lord-willing, it will be discussed on the Monday morning engineering call to figure out how to deploy it with the best looking version of the UX. This still needs some optimized copy and aesthetic. I was just wanting to make sure that folks will appreciate it before we apply the modest effort required to deploy it.

The other big thing that I see coming is the ability to allow domain owners the option to engage prospects directly on their SSL landers. @Gube has been incubating our own Zendesk alternative which is already running on our our Kubernetes cloud called CloudChase.com. You can see it here:

https://customersupport.co/

I wonder how many domain owners would be interested in engaging chats directly with prospects who come to their domain landers versus relying on Epik's staff to manage that close process as we have it currently. Once we are self-hosting chat, it becomes economic to make it available to all.

@Ala Dadan

•••
•••
lol... Now, that is Epik!

Some revised copy from @Intelliname.
upload_2020-4-12_8-52-10.png

•••

Check this out:

Realy nice. But it doesn't work when one uses Ctrl + W. Then again, most end users probably don't know about keyboard shortcuts.

•••

Interesting add-on feature. I'm thinking it could have merit, especially when site copy is tuned.

I'm wondering if adding 'purchase' behind 'payment plan' could help clarify things better for those looking at a domain.

'Get in touch with the owner to discuss a direct purchase or payment plan purchase.'

•••
Realy nice. But it doesn't work when one uses Ctrl + W. Then again, most end users probably don't know about keyboard shortcuts.
Lol just was gonna write this about ctrl+w

•••
Why is it that a 60-day transfer lock is applied also to domain push? Does that happen always at Epik? I thought the practice of most other registrars was to apply the lock only to domain transfers, not pushes. I have sold a domain which I had transferred 14 days ago to Epik, and I am now unable to deliver it to the selling market (BB) because of that lock. I moved hundreds of domains to Epik lately, and now what - will all those be impossible to push?

•••
Lol just was gonna write this about ctrl+w
Why is it that a 60-day transfer lock is applied also to domain push? Does that happen always at Epik? I thought the practice of most other registrars was to apply the lock only to domain transfers, not pushes. I have sold a domain which I had transferred 14 days ago to Epik, and I am now unable to deliver it to the selling market (BB) because of that lock. I moved hundreds of domains to Epik lately, and now what - will all those be impossible to push?
Hello,

Our support team would have been able to help to resolve the issue by simply starting a chat or sending an email to [email protected].
You also can PM me your account username (or email), your account PIN and the domain you are having issues to push and I'll be happy to have a look for you.

Thanks,
Gube

•••
Hello,

Our support team would have been able to help to resolve the issue by simply starting a chat or sending an email to [email protected].
You also can PM me your account username (or email), your account PIN and the domain you are having issues to push and I'll be happy to have a look for you.

Thanks,
Gube

I really appreciate your swift assistance, I got my account verified and the matter is solved.

•••

Thanks for using Epik.

Verified accounts and established accounts can have the 60-day lock limitation waived on their account for all domains that would otherwise be subject to 60-day transfer locks. The thing that is being safeguarded against is the scenario of a brand new account buying a domain name with a stolen credit card, and then pushing the purchased domain to an unwitting buyer. It is still possible to sell the domain via Epik marketplace even if the domain is brand new and account is unverified. And, as you saw, our support team is pretty responsive to help resolve matters as they arise, 24/7.

cc: @Jess Robison and @Sufyan Alani

•••
Why are rental and purchase plans greyed out on my offer domain for sale page setup?

•••
Why are rental and purchase plans greyed out on my offer domain for sale page setup?

Rental and purchase plans work for domains that are on Epik registrar. You can do BIN and Make offer in the meantime. Or start an escrow transaction at escrow.epik.com when there is a buyer.

•••
•••
As some folks here know, we have been working on a scalable solution for improving domain liquidity. That project is called DomainEquity and was under way long before COVID played havoc with retail banking.

For anyone who wants to see a preview of DomainEquity.com, check out this walkthrough:

https://www.screencast.com/t/YaPlQRWD

Lenders can ask for up to 15% interest per year. The loans are backstopped by Epik in case of default. Epik assigns the guarantee level. If lenders want to loan above that level, they are free to do so.

For Accredited investors who want to become asset-backed domain lenders, contact [email protected] and we'll share details about what is happening.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Raquel at Epik said the domain was removed from my account and she has added it back. I don't remember removing any domains from my account.

Sorry for the trouble.

•••
What is bitmitigate and why is my domain redirecting there?
·"Domain Not Detected In Our Systems"

•••
So far so good. Rob hooked me up with the NP pricing which even beats PorkBun at some extensions.

Love what they're doing.

•••
I have accepted an offer on mBuys.com on Epik marketplace.the buyer didn't paid what should I do now? thanks

•••
I was debating on trying EPIK or Efty to manage my external domains and landing pages. I figured I would try EPIK first and I moved a bunch of external domains from Dan to EPIK domain servers, These were at multiple registrars. But still I don’t have full propagation after 40 hours.

Especially with ones like .me, .xyz, .best. These Tlds don’t show any nameservers under Epik control panel

Other .coms are hit or miss many show Dan name servers in Epik control panel or EPIK even though registrars show they are using EPIK. Some will have ssl some don’t. But it seems kind of flakey using EPIK domain servers. Generally when I move stuff to BrandBucket, SquadHelp or DAN I see the change pretty quickly most of the time in 15 minutes or less. But I have never seen it take 40+ hours.

I did flush my DNS and that did not help either. Open to any advice any one may have before I flip these back to DAN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back