Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was debating on trying EPIK or Efty to manage my external domains and landing pages. I figured I would try EPIK first and I moved a bunch of external domains from Dan to EPIK domain servers, These were at multiple registrars. But still I don’t have full propagation after 40 hours.

Especially with ones like .me, .xyz, .best. These Tlds don’t show any nameservers under Epik control panel

Other .coms are hit or miss many show Dan name servers in Epik control panel or EPIK even though registrars show they are using EPIK. Some will have ssl some don’t. But it seems kind of flakey using EPIK domain servers. Generally when I move stuff to BrandBucket, SquadHelp or DAN I see the change pretty quickly most of the time in 15 minutes or less. But I have never seen it take 40+ hours.

I did flush my DNS and that did not help either. Open to any advice any one may have before I flip these back to DAN.

Rob with Epik was quick to respond and get things corrected.

•••
•••
I had the worst experience at EPIK when I had really high expectations of them.

I recently bought 40+ domains on EPIK in a last month or two, all was going fine until yesterday when I got an email saying my domain 00.fm is sold on marketplace for $27 for the domain I bought for $390.

I contacted support and they told me it was listed on their namesliquidate website, which I have never done it and why would I list a premium domain on that Bargain platform.

I am certain I never did put any domain on that platform. so they won't believe I have never and said they have to honor the buyer.

- I got an email from them after the domain got sold that 00.fm is sold on marketplace : didn't say its sold on nameliquidate
- I never listed it on that platform
- why on earth I will list on that bargain platform for $27?

so they have to honor there buyer, I dont know where their policy was when I bought 3 domains and seller couldnt transfer the domains and they cancelled my orders.

are they just after commissions and dont try to protect account holders? now I feel risking all my domains in their platform, I am just waiting for my 60 days and gtfo of that registrar and never come back tbh.

•••

I recently bought 40+ domains on EPIK in a last month or two, all was going fine until yesterday when I got an email saying my domain 00.fm is sold on marketplace for $27 for the domain I bought for $390.

I contacted support and they told me it was listed on their namesliquidate website, which I have never done it and why would I list a premium domain on that Bargain platform.

I am certain I never did put any domain on that platform. so they won't believe I have never and said they have to honor the buyer.

- I got an email from them after the domain got sold that 00.fm is sold on marketplace : didn't say its sold on nameliquidate

so they have to honor there buyer, I dont know where their policy was when I bought 3 domains and seller couldnt transfer the domains and they cancelled my orders.

are they just after commissions and dont try to protect account holders? now I feel risking all my domains in their platform, I am just waiting for my 60 days and gtfo of that registrar and never come back tbh.

Hi there,

As we've indicated in your support ticket discussing this issue, this domain name was listed and sold on NameLiquidate.com and not the standard marketplace.

NameLiquidate.com is a fast paced marketplace for liquidity by placing your domains in a reverse auction for 168 hours. Your domain may sell to someone willing to pay between $998 and $9 per domain. You can read more about it here: https://nameliquidate.com/faq

The outcome is clear. Our records show that you've submitted the domain on April 6 2020 (Precisely on 2020-04-06, 12:50:56) and did not set a reserve price. The domain was sold for perhaps lower than you liked but the system performed exactly as it should, even if the outcome was below your hope.

Regards,

•••
My hopes would be there only if I listed the domain on that platform, you guys just don't wanna believe I didn't list it there lol
out of all domains I have I could've sold any lower expectations domain and liquidate it rather than the one had high appraisal value

•••
My hopes would be there only if I listed the domain on that platform, you guys just don't wanna believe I didn't list it there lol
out of all domains I have I could've sold any lower expectations domain and liquidate it rather than the one had high appraisal value

Our records show that you've listed the domain name on 2020-04-06,12:50:56.
This piece of information was taken directly from our backend log.
Thanks,

•••

I reviewed the history of this one with Operations.

The event log makes it clear that you as authorized account owner submitted the listing without reserve price and it sold for $27. It could have sold for more but did not. It is a good idea to promote your listing from the moment you submit it, especially for a niche domain such as a .FM domain which most don't buy.

The challenge with unwinding transactions due to seller's remorse is that it undermines the integrity of the marketplace. If there was a systematic pattern of unwinding transactions, it would cause significant challenges.

ICYMI, one great advantage of NameLiquidate is that the sellers are getting clear title, unlike on Godaddy, Snapnames or NameJet expiry auctions where a former owner might pay a restore fee to reclaim a domain that was auctioned and still subject to 60-day transfer lock.

In the case of Epik, the buyer, assuming they have a verified account can immediately re-sell that domain that they bought or transfer out to another registrar. That is actually pretty cool.

So, now you have to decide whether to keep stomping your feet, or whether to move on, congratulate the buyer and play the game a little smarter next time. And if you stay classy, you will find a lot of folks here at NP will be happy to help you. Pro tip: downvoting someone's thoughtful response is a loser move.

Last edited:
•••
I have heard enough of that from you guys already, thank you. that was my review. cheers

•••

They would have made a grand total of $2.43 in commission on your sale, so I don't think that theory pans out.

Could you have clicked that Liquidate link, and sent it to auction, without fully reading what you were entering into?

Anyways, I hope things work out better for you in the future.

•••
I'm looking for an easy way to add Google Analytics tracker ID to all my marketplace domains. I can add them individually but I'd appreciate an automated process.
Can this be done?

•••
•••
I was debating on trying EPIK or Efty to manage my external domains and landing pages. I figured I would try EPIK first and I moved a bunch of external domains from Dan to EPIK domain servers, These were at multiple registrars. But still I don’t have full propagation after 40 hours.

Especially with ones like .me, .xyz, .best. These Tlds don’t show any nameservers under Epik control panel

Other .coms are hit or miss many show Dan name servers in Epik control panel or EPIK even though registrars show they are using EPIK. Some will have ssl some don’t. But it seems kind of flakey using EPIK domain servers. Generally when I move stuff to BrandBucket, SquadHelp or DAN I see the change pretty quickly most of the time in 15 minutes or less. But I have never seen it take 40+ hours.

I did flush my DNS and that did not help either. Open to any advice any one may have before I flip these back to DAN.

Hello Steve - can you please send me an email to support [at] epik.com and include your PIN # so our Support team can review this matter for you. Thank you!

•••
Hello Steve - can you please send me an email to support [at] epik.com and include your PIN # so our Support team can review this matter for you. Thank you!
I believe he already responded that Rob got it sorted... ;)

•••
I reviewed the history of this one with Operations.

The event log makes it clear that you as authorized account owner submitted the listing without reserve price and it sold for $27. It could have sold for more but did not. It is a good idea to promote your listing from the moment you submit it, especially for a niche domain such as a .FM domain which most don't buy.

The challenge with unwinding transactions due to seller's remorse is that it undermines the integrity of the marketplace. If there was a systematic pattern of unwinding transactions, it would cause significant challenges.

ICYMI, one great advantage of NameLiquidate is that the sellers are getting clear title, unlike on Godaddy, Snapnames or NameJet expiry auctions where a former owner might pay a restore fee to reclaim a domain that was auctioned and still subject to 60-day transfer lock.

In the case of Epik, the buyer, assuming they have a verified account can immediately re-sell that domain that they bought or transfer out to another registrar. That is actually pretty cool.

So, now you have to decide whether to keep stomping your feet, or whether to move on, congratulate the buyer and play the game a little smarter next time. And if you stay classy, you will find a lot of folks here at NP will be happy to help you. Pro tip: downvoting someone's thoughtful response is a loser move.

Your hands-on approach to management is nothing short of impressive. There's a lot we (including your sworn antagonists) can all learn from you. (y)(y)

•••
•••
@Rob Monster
Regarding buyer's messages via localized Epik landers...
Please add Warning/Disclaimer to send these messages to seller in English only...
Thanks.

•••
I've noticed that the landing page is capitalizing bad the names. For example, I listed for sale PuraMoney dot com and It shows it as PuRamoneY dot com

I think that in that case It would be better to not capitalize or have an option in the parking page to write the domain as it should be capitalized

Not big deal but if it could be corrected would be better

•••
I've noticed that the landing page is capitalizing bad the names. For example, I listed for sale PuraMoney dot com and It shows it as PuRamoneY dot com

I think that in that case It would be better to not capitalize or have an option in the parking page to write the domain as it should be capitalized

Not big deal but if it could be corrected would be better

Check this one:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/adding-or-modifying-domain-transform-and-keywords/

•••
Rob,

It’s awesome how quick you guys respond to customers.

•••
Rob,

It’s awesome how quick you guys respond to customers.

We are working to keep up with everyone while we improve process automation and scale the team. What you don't see in real-time is how quickly the products are improving in response to market feedback.

For example, here on NamePros, you have @JudgeMind as a power user for NameInvestors.com. He is working with @Gube right now to make it better.

This is a beautiful thing, especially when you multiply the pattern across 30 major projects, and a community that is now active on 6 continents. I am blessed to be a part of it.

•••
Thank you Rob for the fast response, I will check it out

•••
I love Epik. Fast, Secure and Reliable

•••

This is what i also noticed. But Rob, why can't you just process the import of domains with their capitalizing as is? Now i'm making all my domains lowercase in bulk, but there's no chance that i go over 1,5k names and fix them manually. Should be some easy way like export-fix-import .csv. (There is a support ticket with this case)

•••
This morning I registered a domain at Epik and immediately listed it at Afternic with BIN price. Within an hour the domain showed up in Godaddy's registration path. No email approval from registrar happened. Not sure if there is because I set NS to ns3.afternic.com and ns4.afternic.com. This is great because I can consolidate my domains and focus my energy on just one registrar -- the best one for now.

•••
regged and parked...googal.info...at epik. checked out my parked page and found this new (to me) page. have you seen these? what do you think? https://googal.info/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back