NameSilo

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by dande, Jul 24, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

Exactly, so far its not been urgent but what if it is a sale and a condition of the sale is to get the name to Epik (and it happens with other winning registrars too BTW)? GoDaddy is holding up a sale because, as you said - they're of the opinion that their valuation tool actually means something. I totally agree!

And then its the whole "we're doing this in the name of security" lie. If it was actually in the name of security then ALL domains would receive this 5 day wait not just domains perceived to be worth 2K or more to them. I do know that other registrars are 5 days no matter, and that is fine. They're not lying to my face telling me that out of 12 domains, ONE of them is being held back in the name of fraud prevention when the other 11 they could care less about and let go.

I am not saying anyone is lying to me on purpose, the nature of business seems to be based on lying, stretching truths, etc... I get that, and one needs to always be prepared to deal with it or stop engaging in business transactions.

IMO business doesnt have to be shady and Epik is a clear example of that! :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Adam27

Adam27 ThcJobs.com VIP

Hey @Rob Monster, can Epik.com allow people to personally loan money using domain name(s) as collateral?

Is this the idea behind DomainEquity.com? :)

3. AnthonyD

Question about mass updates. I have 29 domains in the Epik Marketplace and I want to mass-update my Google Analytics code across all of them for tracking visitors. Anyone know how to do this?

4. kriss05

kriss05 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@Rob Monster I think Epik Marketplace needs Keyword placement filter (starts with, ends with, contains). When there are few thousand domains listed, this filter can be very helpful.

5. Rob Monster

Rob Monster CEO, Epik Epik.com Staff PRO VIP Gold Account

Yup, agreed.

Also, working on language-specific dictionaries so you can filter names based on match to dictionary words including Chinese pinyin. Working on this one.

@Sumeeth
    @vitigo
    @Ala Dadan
    @Gube

6. Rob Monster

@AGAME - Good idea.

Send it to support and we'll take care of it, but I agree that it should be a menu item here:

upload_2020-2-22_11-55-37.png

@Sumeeth
    @Ala Dadan
    @vitigo

We'll get that implemented asap.

7. AnthonyD

Suggestion: it would be helpful be for us to be able to add the Google gode to our account somewhere and when we list names in the marketplace the google code gets added automatically to each listing.

8. Rob Monster

9. Sumeeth

Sumeeth DomExpert Epik.com Staff VIP

Hi @Rob Monster @vitigo & @Ala Dadan , we have task (Task #74362) for extensive Marketplace search filters.

Thanks,
    Sumeeth

10. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can you use Voodoo templates without any images like on Bodis/ParkingCrew?
    Very often these images are completely irrelevant + they decrease CTR...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  11. NameDeck

NameDeck SaveDotOrg.org VIP

I'm working on a little write-up to share lateron on NP and needed a quick WordPress install. Have wanted to try it b4 so a nice opportunity.

Any issues with the platform? It's extremely slow and am getting a lot of origin server offline messages (bitmitigate). It's a nice feature but basically unusable at this point.

12. Ategy

Ategy NameCult.com VIP Gold Account

If I have a buyer, what are the fees involved with payment plans?

13. DanSanchez

DanSanchez Brokerage & Acquisitions Epik.com Staff VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

9% flat on those, if we do Escrow the fees can be lowered a bit depending on payment method.

I haven't personally installed WP using the free blog feature (is that what you mean?) but I know that Bitmitigate can cache in your local computer for a few hours if you visit it right away.

14. NameDeck

Yes, that's it. I never expected too much as it's a nice but free feature.

The install works like a charm. Gave it half an hour or so for bitmitigate to process the domain but what worked was extremely slow, plus a lot of the errors I mentioned. I switched to another device in between to bypass cached stuff in my browser.

I will give it another look later today and report back.

15. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It can be set in your Voodoo account settings...
    Default template without images.

Thanks.

@Rob Monster

16. NameDeck

So... I promised to report back on the free WordPress setup.

Tried logging on to the admin area. Looks like it timed out or something and threw me another 'origin server offline' error. On reload it loaded. Trying to navigate around was ultra slow.

WP is one resource hungry bitch. Pardon my french. I'd replace it with another blogging platform or drop this feature altogether if this is the general experience.

Not that I'm complaining about some add-on that's provided for free at a domain registrar but the experience doesn't match the stellar performance of everything else Epik has to offer, in my experience and opinion.

17. Rob Monster

It was indeed quite kind of us to introduce a free Wordpress option. This was before we had SSL landers with a WYSIWYG editor and before we had a decent drag and drop sitebuilder. Wordpress might have peaked -- it's possible -- but the good news is that we are making it easy to upgrade free Wordpress to full paid hosting, and now also adding migration tools to scalable cloud via CloudChase.com.

18. NameDeck

So many things to test. So little time :) I like cloudchase is hourly based. Will be checking that out! The cloud is where the money is at anyway. Though competition though.

You run a lot of 'philanthropic' projects so it'd be nice to support some moneymakers.

I don't think WP peaked btw. A fair % of the web runs on WordPress but it wasn't designed as a CMS which it is basically used for most of the time. It's bloated. Functional though and does do the job. It was just out of curiosity I tried it on your platform.

In it's current state, let's put this bluntly, I'd kill the option and put resources where they matter. Have yet to hear from other people's experience so can just go by my own but it's a waste of resources, power, energy ;)

19. Rob Monster

Here is what is cooking at CloudChase.

We are adding pre-made images to make it as easy to install any software like wordpress, drupal, cpanel, etc as the click of a button.

The game plan is to make it super easy to help people with existing sites to migrate into the cloud and host in a scalable cloud without the AWS price tag.

However, where that concept really makes money is in helping people who build sites to sell those websites. That is the end-game -- selling, leasing and financing digital real estate.

The thesis here is that the people with money are short on time. So, we need to make it easy for people with money to buy sites from people with time. To do that, we have to streamline the sequence:

- Create
    - Grow
    - Maintain
    - Sell

If you know what a typical site sale looks like on Flippa, it is what I call a "yard sale" -- the assets are everywhere and not all compatible. So, we are fixing THAT.

20. jamie white

jamie white Journey Domains Inc Blue Account

EPIK ... IS.....AWESOME - Just the way it is... :xf.grin:

21. NickB

NickB Aka MrAcidic VIP Gold Account

Technical issue......

Trying to login and it is saying details are wrong? The details are correct and I have reset password and still saying no? 2 attempts left, reluctant to continue.....

22. jamie white

Try refreshing or exiting out of the page. Wait about 5 minutes and try again

23. NickB

Anand is on the case! Thanks!

24. NickB

Thanks - tried that a few times

25. jamie white

Don't you just love Epiks support

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice