Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

NameSilo
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A couple names i had sold at nameliquidate.com. Tuesday transfer in completed. Zoomiest and gohorseback
Looking for where payment would go. its not in masterbucks or in house.
Hempinfuser dot com is sitting at $9 with 12 hours to go :woot:
My earlier post did not get acknowledged. How do i update my .ca in domain manager, they are at different registrars. i deleted one and re added it.

Payment should show up in your masterbucks account after the transfer completes. If it hasn't showed up I would contact Epik support, they steer veri helpful.

To manage a domain at another registrar you have to go to that registrar.

•••
•••
Payment should show up in your masterbucks account after the transfer completes. If it hasn't showed up I would contact Epik support, they steer veri helpful.

To manage a domain at another registrar you have to go to that registrar.
Funds were there as i started sniffing when i got an email that another listing sold at name liquidate. This time email stated proceeds were available.
The two emails i got last week were wrong template and worded incorrectly. At no point did they say i had funds, and they already had auth code.
The email i got today was worded correctly.
I will post everything tomorrow.
As for whois update for .ca or any ext, i have all my domains there, including external ones in my domains section and i wanted to know how to update external one’s whois

•••
Funds were there as i started sniffing when i got an email that another listing sold at name liquidate. This time email stated proceeds were available.
The two emails i got last week were wrong template and worded incorrectly. At no point did they say i had funds, and they already had auth code.
The email i got today was worded correctly.
I will post everything tomorrow.
As for whois update for .ca or any ext, i have all my domains there, including external ones in my domains section and i wanted to know how to update external one’s whois

If you add an external domain to your Epik account that does not mean you can manage it there, Epik has no control over that. That's only for listing on the Epik marketplace or seeing all your domains in one place. You still have to go to the actual registrar for the domain to manage it.

•••
I use efty for domain management. Some registrars i havent visited for 6-9 months. totally aware to edit any functions for a domain i need to go to registrar.
i was hoping by adding external domains to epik, i could see expiry, registrars and nameservers and delete efty. so no point in adding my external .ca or any extension to epik if i cant see registrar or proper expiry date/nameservers
If i renew a domain at namesilo, that external domain in my epik account will show the wrong expiry information until i delete it and re add it?
What would be benefit of adding external domains to epik? So someone can see my portfolio? Yes it makes transfers easier also i can see price of transfer with couple clicks

Manage in this case means for me to keep track of

Some people use spreadsheet or excel to manage their portfolio, i’ll continue paying efty 13.50 cad a month to manage my portfolio. One click my whois updates and they display registrar for .ca which epik doesnt.

Another epik experience, i sent someone masterbucks, username example666, when i get notification example666 received masterbucks it displays their username and email which is unnecessary, maybe people for security reasons have an email for epik login that is used nowhere else.
If i use email [email protected] only for epik login i dont want anyone else knowing that. So sending masterbucks peer to peer exposes receivers email to sender. Receiving party cant see masterbucks senders email just username.

•••
What would be benefit of adding external domains to epik? So someone can see my portfolio? Yes it makes transfers easier also i can see price of transfer with couple clicks
As far as I know the only "tangible" reason would be to use their landers or to put your domain for sale in their marketplace or nameliquidate (all very good reasons btw). Obviously some people like to have it listed there to help them keep organised, but if you already have your own system then you have your own system. ;)

Another epik experience, i sent someone masterbucks, username example666, when i get notification example666 received masterbucks it displays their username and email which is unnecessary, maybe people for security reasons have an email for epik login that is used nowhere else.
If i use email [email protected] only for epik login i dont want anyone else knowing that. So sending masterbucks peer to peer exposes receivers email to sender. Receiving party cant see masterbucks senders email just username.
That's a pretty serious one they should get to sooner than later. Probably the result of using or copy/pasting one email template that was there for something else.

As Epik grows more and more and add ever more cool features, they need to be very careful about "creeping issues" with automation and communications. GoDaddy's platform did not become the disaster it is today over night. It was because of years and years of adding features and not doing proper audits about how those things affect existing systems. Seriously .. someone needs to take GoDaddy's platform out behind the barn and put it out of it's misery! But at least their platform can be useful as standing as a big warning to growing registrars like Epik about the importance of going back to check every single feature after each upgrade. It's tedious and painfully redundant .. but I seriously can't under-stress how horrible GoDaddy's platform is with all sort of little things in the same vain as this. So Epik crew .. be very very aware of this potential longer term issue and prepare for it now so you don't become GoDaddy in 5 years! ;)

Last edited:
•••
@Rob Monster, @DanSanchez and @Epik.com pardon me if these features have already been requested. I finally jumped on the Epik band-wagon today hoping to find a couple of features Godaddy has been reluctant to include in their platform.

I've been a fiercely loyal customer to Godaddy for over 10 years. I have used their services exclusively for all my domain registration and management needs. Now that I have started purchasing more domains in bulk, I'm realizing that their system could use a few improvements to simplify large-scale domain management.

1) Similar to what Amazon has in their shopping cart technology, a 'save for later' facility that allows you to separate the items you're ready to check out from what you'll purchase later will be very helpful.

2) It will also be helpful if users are given the ability to sort their domains using multiple custom taxonomies. At the moment, I manage them all in a wordpress admin using custom taxonomies and post types.

A registrar that provides these tools will be a godsend.

Cheers

•••
Did anyone facing any issue with the 2 step authentication? I am not getting SMS to login.

•••
@Rob Monster, @DanSanchez and @Epik.com pardon me if these features have already been requested. I finally jumped on the Epik band-wagon today hoping to find a couple of features Godaddy has been reluctant to include in their platform.

I've been a fiercely loyal customer to Godaddy for over 10 years. I have used their services exclusively for all my domain registration and management needs. Now that I have started purchasing more domains in bulk, I'm realizing that their system could use a few improvements to simplify large-scale domain management.

1) Similar to what Amazon has in their shopping cart technology, a 'save for later' facility that allows you to separate the items you're ready to check out from what you'll purchase later will be very helpful.

2) It will also be helpful if users are given the ability to sort their domains using multiple custom taxonomies. At the moment, I manage them all in a wordpress admin using custom taxonomies and post types.

A registrar that provides these tools will be a godsend.

Cheers

First of all, welcome. We are glad to have you. We love working with demanding customers who co-create with us.

The idea of a watchlist is one that we have had previously but then removed in part because we did not want to get caught in the crossfire when someone added a domain to a watchlist and later was disappointed to see the domain taken. We don't review customer searches so this is not really a risk, but the practice does come with some implied trust. We'll revisit bringing that feature online as an alternative to backordering or registering a name.

The idea of categorization is abundantly covered with out tagging system. It is very versatile: create unlimited tags and search those tags. More here:

https://epik.com/support/knowledgeb...ains-and-use-them-for-filtering-domain-names/

@Ala Dadan - note on Watchlist feature request.

•••
Did anyone facing any issue with the 2 step authentication? I am not getting SMS to login.

We are hearing today that some folks mainly in India were not getting SMS. We have notified Twilio, our provider, and expect an update soon. They are the top tier for SMS delivery.

•••
We are hearing today that some folks mainly in India were not getting SMS. We have notified Twilio, our provider, and expect an update soon. They are the top tier for SMS delivery.
I am based in Australia and have had this issue for over 24 hours - still can't login to my account.

•••

When i was helping run a site called LB - it was the Cell Carrier that would block a lot of the incoming SMS for 2 step authentication. At first we had thought it was our providers and it turned out it was Sprint, Verizon and Cricket that would deny the messages to go through.

•••
I am based in Australia and have had this issue for over 24 hours - still can't login to my account.
I'm in Australia too. No SMS received. Can't login. @Rob Monster the top tier is not working so well at present, while lower tiers are elsewhere?...

•••
SMS, Its working for me now. Please check.

•••
•••
First of all, welcome. We are glad to have you. We love working with demanding customers who co-create with us.

The idea of a watchlist is one that we have had previously but then removed in part because we did not want to get caught in the crossfire when someone added a domain to a watchlist and later was disappointed to see the domain taken. We don't review customer searches so this is not really a risk, but the practice does come with some implied trust. We'll revisit bringing that feature online as an alternative to backordering or registering a name.

The idea of categorization is abundantly covered with out tagging system. It is very versatile: create unlimited tags and search those tags. More here:

https://epik.com/support/knowledgeb...ains-and-use-them-for-filtering-domain-names/

@Ala Dadan - note on Watchlist feature request.

Thanks for your response, Rob. I'm pleased to be on board the Epik train.

The 'save for later' feature will be a good learning tool for most newbies. It may also help you to increase sales by sending your customers weekly reminders of items they have saved for later.

The current tags system you have allows us to create unlimited terms, which is great...and far more than GoDadddy has to offer. What I am hoping for in the future is the ability to create custom taxonomies with different terms under each taxonomy.
Examples:
Taxonomy name: Industries | Taxonomy terms: cryptocurrency, real estate, hospitality, etc
Taxonomy name: Keywords | Taxonomy terms: rentals, condos, yellow, valor, etc
Taxonomy name: Type | Brandable, Exact Match, Partial Match, etc

I believe Epik is poised to dominate the domaining space and I'd like to see that happen. I can help with innovation and implementation strategies at no charge. :xf.smile:

•••
HaHa just bought a Domain on Epik thinking I could use my instore credit that was refunded but there was no option to use it. How do you use your instore credit lol

•••
HaHa just bought a Domain on Epik thinking I could use my instore credit that was refunded but there was no option to use it. How do you use your instore credit lol

Just make sure the amount you have in your in store credit is at least the amount of the item you are trying to buy. If so, the amount will appear as a payment option.

@Ala Dadan @Sumeeth - Usability issue here. If the amount is insufficient, we should show the ISC balance but make it grayed out.

•••
Just make sure the amount you have in your in store credit is at least the amount of the item you are trying to buy. If so, the amount will appear as a payment option.

@Ala Dadan @Sumeeth - Usability issue here. If the amount is insufficient, we should show the ISC balance but make it grayed out.

HaHa Thanks Rob.

•••
Thanks for your response, Rob. I'm pleased to be on board the Epik train.

The 'save for later' feature will be a good learning tool for most newbies. It may also help you to increase sales by sending your customers weekly reminders of items they have saved for later.

The current tags system you have allows us to create unlimited terms, which is great...and far more than GoDadddy has to offer. What I am hoping for in the future is the ability to create custom taxonomies with different terms under each taxonomy.
Examples:
Taxonomy name: Industries | Taxonomy terms: cryptocurrency, real estate, hospitality, etc
Taxonomy name: Keywords | Taxonomy terms: rentals, condos, yellow, valor, etc
Taxonomy name: Type | Brandable, Exact Match, Partial Match, etc

I believe Epik is poised to dominate the domaining space and I'd like to see that happen. I can help with innovation and implementation strategies at no charge. :xf.smile:

Let me discuss your idea with @vitigo and @Ala. If you have any visual example of the desired UX, that would be useful. It seems there are a few components:

- Building the taxonomy
- Assigning domains to a taxonomy, e.g. one to many
- Generating lists
- Selling and leasing entire portfolios of clustered domains

Feel free to help flesh this out and we'll see what we can make happen in a registrar-agnostic way. ICYMI, you can use Epik to manage domains from any registrar for free.

•••
All Landers seem to be down at present, Just a heads up.

•••
Let me discuss your idea with @vitigo and @Ala. If you have any visual example of the desired UX, that would be useful. It seems there are a few components:

- Building the taxonomy
- Assigning domains to a taxonomy, e.g. one to many
- Generating lists
- Selling and leasing entire portfolios of clustered domains

Feel free to help flesh this out and we'll see what we can make happen in a registrar-agnostic way. ICYMI, you can use Epik to manage domains from any registrar for free.

You currently have an existing taxonomy called tags that allows users to create multiple terms under that taxonomy. What I am proposing is a feature that allows users to create additional custom taxonomies with their respective set of terms. The custom taxonomies can function exactly like your existing tags taxonomy, using whatever label the user specifies.

This is how I envision the workflow:
1) Click on a button to create taxonomy.
2) Type in label of choice for the taxonomy in input field eg: Industries
3) Create terms for the taxonomy (just like you would for your existing tags) eg. Biotechnology
4) Assign domains to terms under taxonomy in whatever combination desired.
5) Repeat steps 1-4 to create as many taxonomies as required.

The new taxonomy facility does not have to interfere in anyway with the existing one you have. It will just work in concert with it.

•••
nvm. figured it out :)

Last edited:
•••
•••

It would be nice to be able to do split payment if there is a ISC or MB balance that is too low to cover the full charge. I for example have an ISC of $2 and some charge, while your pricing is good theres not much $2 can buy, so my only option to use it is to add to it first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back