IT.COM

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What I don´t understand / my 2 Cents

Here people discuss the naming of a single service product with passion as if they´d chat about much more bigger problems. And they communicate with a CEO who is responding all the time by himself and seems to be truthful. Seems - because you cannot look into personalities in forums, behind their rhetorical qualities which are huge in this case.

There are other threads about service providers with similar or bigger issues where responsible persons do either hide or they respond noticeably bored while polishing their gilded studs and thereby clarify very few.
There is a large disparity of disgust in these examples compared to this thread, IMHO. Why?

I am a rather new Epik customer and am satisfied. The platform is good, the service is great and I do not feel like a number but like a respected human. I am conscious that this is business and no schoolmate thing. So there are no gifts possible. However, sometimes I feel gifted by the price-performance-ratio of several standard services but I am aware that this is legit marketing (, too).
I am no Epik staff or similar. This is no advertising. And I will keep all other business relationships in domaining because diversification cannot be bad.

[2 Cents end]

•••
What I don´t understand / my 2 Cents

Here people discuss the naming of a single service product with passion as if they´d chat about much more bigger problems. And they communicate with a CEO who is responding all the time by himself and seems to be truthful. Seems - because you cannot look into personalities in forums, behind their rhetorical qualities which are huge in this case.

There are other threads about service providers with similar or bigger issues where responsible persons do either hide or they respond noticeably bored while polishing their gilded studs and thereby clarify very few.
There is a large disparity of disgust in these examples compared to this thread, IMHO. Why?

I am a rather new Epik customer and am satisfied. The platform is good, the service is great and I do not feel like a number but like a respected human. I am conscious that this is business and no schoolmate thing. So there are no gifts possible. However, sometimes I feel gifted by the price-performance-ratio of several standard services but I am aware that this is legit marketing (, too).
I am no Epik staff or similar. This is no advertising. And I will keep all other business relationships in domaining because diversification cannot be bad.

[2 Cents end]

Thanks @Blitzpotz.

We have a good product. We are also out-innovating just about anyone in this industry. In fact, even our harshest critics will probably acknowledge these points.

To understand the personal vitriol that sometimes comes my way, you would need to study another thread that was started last March in the wake of controversy.

In short, there are some rather material ideological differences around civil liberty. I am one who believes that truth can and will prevail over tyranny.

Here is a relevant post:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...and-rob-monster.1128748/page-102#post-7384014

Epik is very building not just a great registrar, but incubating a number of solutions that empower anyone to engage with content, community and commerce.

It is a worthwhile project, and we are co-creating with domain investors who we treat not just as clients but as partners. And that is not rhetoric. It goes to the core of Epik.

•••
To understand the personal vitriol that sometimes comes my way, you would need to study another thread that was started last March in the wake of controversy.

In short, there are some rather material ideological differences around civil liberty. I am one who believes that truth can and will prevail over tyranny.
To be true, I came along this other thread while preparing to open my account at Epik. I did not read the whole thing, it´s just to long and to exhausting. I was shocked about Holocaust denial allegations and death threats.

I am German and every German with a minimum of humanism and sanity will be aware of the crimes during the Third Reich which is an everlasting burdon for our nation. So I´d have a problem with antisemitism even when I choose an online service provider. But I also recognized that you obviously distanced yourself from these allegations and how intensive you took part in this fight of words, reacting to all critics.
A wide spectrum of attitude beyond that is protected by the German Grundgesetz, our constitution. Freedom of opinion (speech) and freedom of religion are examples for such high-valued basic rights in my homeland.

I do not join a sect if I decide to register domains with a service provider.
I respect the intellect, performance, sensitivity, creativity, accountability ... of persons if they are conservative Christians or Neo-Marxists as you call them, Sunnites or Shiites, Vegans or Cannibals (AFAIK there are some tribes left in New-Guinea) or whatever. I myself am - not only - romanticist of a better world and failing daily. I wish smart realists would not skeeve me for that. The love of truth we have in common.

Now I am off-topic in this thread myself.

•••
To be true, I came along this other thread while preparing to open my account at Epik. I did not read the whole thing, it´s just to long and to exhausting. I was shocked about Holocaust denial allegations and death threats.

I am German and every German with a minimum of humanism and sanity will be aware of the crimes during the Third Reich which is an everlasting burdon for our nation. So I´d have a problem with antisemitism even when I choose an online service provider. But I also recognized that you obviously distanced yourself from these allegations and how intensive you took part in this fight of words, reacting to all critics.
A wide spectrum of attitude beyond that is protected by the German Grundgesetz, our constitution. Freedom of opinion (speech) and freedom of religion are examples for such high-valued basic rights in my homeland.

I do not join a sect if I decide to register domains with a service provider.
I respect the intellect, performance, sensitivity, creativity, accountability ... of persons if they are conservative Christians or Neo-Marxists as you call them, Sunnites or Shiites, Vegans or Cannibals (AFAIK there are some tribes left in New-Guinea) or whatever. I myself am - not only - romanticist of a better world and failing daily. I wish smart realists would not skeeve me for that. The love of truth we have in common.

Now I am off-topic in this thread myself.

Thanks for taking the time to look into that matter.

The entire thread you refer to was an enormous investment of time. Rather than be defensive in the face of critique, I chose to be transparent and accept that some may agree and some may disagree, but regardless, I would comment with authenticity.

As for German law, ironically, the Germans are among the most vigorous censors now. There are a number of Germans actively involved in initiatives that compel censorship. That did not work for us. We'll remove clients when we decide, but not under threat.

All that said, I don't have an interest in protecting criminals. I also have lost interest in providing safe-harbor for those who are hateful in their intent. If someone wants to explain a view of history and can do it with facts and logic, fine by me.

However, if someone has a desire to incite violence whether towards a specific individual, or indiscriminately towards a group, then we are not their vendor. I explained it succinctly in a short impromptu video a few weeks ago, ICYMI:

https://us.tv/videos/watch/dc891c6a-2c5f-4518-84d3-d7eefb92bf50

As for neo-Marxists, they are welcome to be that. However, if they wish to impose their will, we have a problem. Unfortunately, there is some evidence that the world might be heading in that direction. Therein lies the contention on acceptable use.

•••
The entire thread you refer to was an enormous investment of time.
I see. I often wonder how time-management is possible for you. You must be an ultra-fast workaholic. Chapeau!

As for neo-Marxists, they are welcome to be that. However, if they wish to impose their will, we have a problem. Unfortunately, there is some evidence that the world might be heading in that direction. Therein lies the contention on acceptable use.
Looking back into time I prefered the old East-West conflict, even the Cold War against todays multiple Gordian knots. Politics and life have been much easier to handle. Whatever, Communism is dead since 1989 and I cannot see a global left-wing Neo-Marxistic tendency. There is no more real left or right IMO. I see nationalist tendencies all over the world with peoples applauding their loss of rights in favor of corrupt and anti-democratic regimes.

As for German law, ironically, the Germans are among the most vigorous censors now. There are a number of Germans actively involved in initiatives that compel censorship.
This may be part of our political correctness, historical consciousness and the dominance of law (and lawyers). They create laws and rules for every poop, citizens cannot follow anymore and SMEs are suffering some regulations, too. A lot of these rules originally come from the European Union, and of course a lot of stuff is good, but some things seem unnecessary. Well.

•••
I see. I often wonder how time-management is possible for you. You must be an ultra-fast workaholic. Chapeau!

Looking back into time I prefered the old East-West conflict, even the Cold War against todays multiple Gordian knots. Politics and life have been much easier to handle. Whatever, Communism is dead since 1989 and I cannot see a global left-wing Neo-Marxistic tendency. There is no more real left or right IMO. I see nationalist tendencies all over the world with peoples applauding their loss of rights in favor of corrupt and anti-democratic regimes.

This may be part of our political correctness, historical consciousness and the dominance of law (and lawyers). They create laws and rules for every poop, citizens cannot follow anymore and SMEs are suffering some regulations, too. A lot of these rules originally come from the European Union, and of course a lot of stuff is good, but some things seem unnecessary. Well.

Productivity advice:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/startup-productivity-2018-robert-monster/

As for the state of the world, it is more complicated than ever. I believe that is by design. Ordo ab Chao. We have the Chao now. The Ordo is coming.

As for whether or not there is an overarching agenda being orchestrated at the highest levels, I believe there is and that even heads of state are often just pawns.

For example, take a guy like Jack Ma, the outgoing CEO of Ali Baba, with a rumored net worth of $38 billion. One day Beijing says "you're done". Wow.

•••
Something to read tomorrow. Hope it helps (me) :penguin:.

Ordo ab Chao.
More to research.

For example, take a guy like Jack Ma, the outgoing CEO of Ali Baba, with a rumored net worth of $38 billion. One day Beijing says "you're done".
China is a good example for the mix of ideologies nowadays. Left or right? Communism or Capitalism? Both possible? I´ll pass. Starting my dishwasher now, brushing teeth, sneaking off to the sleeping room - life can be easy. Good night!

•••
I am German and every German with a minimum of humanism and sanity will be aware of the crimes during the Third Reich which is an everlasting burdon for our nation.

I suggest that the German and Jewish people should come together in a formal ceremony on the 100th anniversary of the Holocaust and close that dark chapter in the history for good. The future generations of German and Jewish people should not be burdened by the conflicts among their ancestors after that any more. IMO

•••
I suggest that the German and Jewish people should come together in a formal ceremony on the 100th anniversary of the Holocaust and close that dark chapter in the history for good.

Why do Epik threads devolve into such dark subjects?

German and Jewish and German-Jewish people have come together and the chapter is closed ages ago.

Don't paint a nation today with the brush of some old evil ideology that is adopted by some tiny populations of twisted minded individuals in various countries. A Nazi-like movement also took place in the US. Study the history of the KKK. The only reason why it rose to the mainstream in Germany is because of the devastating economic hardships resulting from the crippling sanctions imposed by the western nations after Germany lost World War I. And from which Hitler was able to get the nation out of because he created jobs in the military sector (and also promised prosperity that was supposedly taken away by immigrants, or anyone not "aryan").

Last edited:
•••
We have not made a decision about a proprietary cryptocurrency. However, if we do it, odds are good it will be called "TOKI", and it would be tied to Toki Wallets with anonymous verified identities that are self-sovereign vis-a-vis anywhere in the Toki-compatible Fediverse. The plans are still fluid there]
Good name. Just as well since I see EpikCoin is already registered. ;)

Last edited:
•••
In case of refund, shouldn't it also include some interest or anything as a premium? I am unsure why would a domainer order such a service, but an enduser, theoretically speaking, may. He is not necessary aware what registry is or what icant is. But he will see the following - I ordered something, it was not delivered, yes there is a refund, but I provided a free credit to somebody, why?

Also, like any company, Epik may go out of business. Rob may also decide to sell Epik someday, and the new owner may be rogue (so the customers will start transferring away). How would such a thing will be handled in all the legal terms? It is likely that the registrant will be forced to either a) deal with a new "rogue" owner OR b) transfer the domain away (without any refunds).

as @Rob said he is rather low on cash
how could he "refund" in case of going out of business
or in case of bankruptcy

in the later scenario this would even be impossible
in case of lots of cash

•••
You don't "have reason, truth or facts" you simply use them in life. There is nothing personal about analyzing the garbage you spew vs the garbage you deliver in your work. I haven't seen a single sign of reason in your arguments, only a personal vendetta to derail a productive conversation. I'm glad my dislikes serve in some positive way in your life, truly hope the best for you. Now get back to improving your site before I start a thread critiquing the lack of effort you put into your work vs the ambitionless pursuit for nagging without purpose.

I really can't see what any of @TCK eventually existing products
beeing well designed or not

has to do with this thread

I see no connection with arguments made here

I see you @DanSanchez personally attacking a member
and trolling this thread

•••
I understand the annual renewal thing now. At first I thought it's 10 years, then when 10 years is up, renewed for another 10 years, when it's renewed annually. Got it.

that is the ( recommended ) alternative appoach
epiks forever domain are not like that

its -as far as I learned - 10 years and then 1 year plus after 1 year so it stays at 10 years
@Rob please correct me in case I got this wrong

•••
•••
I suggest that the German and Jewish people should come together in a formal ceremony on the 100th anniversary of the Holocaust and close that dark chapter in the history for good. The future generations of German and Jewish people should not be burdened by the conflicts among their ancestors after that any more. IMO

in Germany, we used to think it's important not to forget about it
so it hopefully won't repeat

•••
@frank-germany - You are right about the limitations of fiat currency. It is actually a really important topic that remarkably few people understand or appreciate. Epik does not carry a large cash balance in part for that reason, preferring BTC and Domains as a store of reasonably liquid value.

As for Coca Cola stock, although we could technically hold marketable securities, we would rather increase product development budget, extend more interest-free domain loans, and deeply discount new registrations and transfers in spite of the initial cash cost. Indeed, that is exactly what we have done.

would you please care to educate me/us

1. ) how interest-free domain loans can protect epik from the devaluation of fiat currencies?
2. ) how domains itself can do so - as you have to convert into cash somehow sooner or later
I understand you expect unprecedented growth of domain value?
3. ) I don't quite get the idea of BTC to protect you against US currency loss
as they are even more insecure in terms of value increase.
4.) BTC can be gone in 3 sec when a quantum computer is used against it
already 3 quantum computers are operating as of today

•••
This is supposed to be your epik experience thread. All @TCK does is follow rob around criticizing him. Mods, clean this crap up. Very few threads worth reading in your forum , this isnt one anymore.
I always thought that rob leaned a little far to the left and avoided epik. However the more he gets harassed, the better he handles himself.
You have any experience with epik @TCK with forever renewal or you just a fucking troll pos?
Maybe mods will get around to editting at least one post.
I’ll be moving more to epik Rob, keep up good work.
To stay on topic not like it matters here at name pröš, i have 4 recent transfers and happy with everything so far. Any questions i know who to ask.

•••
I have to agree this is a review and experience thread and always seems to devolve into some pissing contest against Rob or Epik. If you are here to troll, provoke and not share your experience expect to be reported.

•••
slight problem with epik mp listing. can not set bin price.name regd elsewhere,listed at epik.bin area won't accept input only area for minimum price accepts input. listing goes through as make offer. anyone else have same problem or can offer advice.

•••
This is supposed to be your epik experience thread. All @TCK does is follow rob around criticizing him.

I don't follow Rob around. He has plenty of threads on Np where I don't bother to follow. I only posted on this other thread here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-epik-and-rob-monster.1128748/ because of the posts Rob made of a mass murderer's self-shot massacre video and manifesto and wrote that it was a hoax.

You have any experience with epik @TCK with forever renewal or you just a f*cking troll pos?

I do not and never will because there is no such thing as a forever renewal. It does not exist. It is a marketing gimmick to get you locked in with Epik and as soon as renewals go up and it starts becoming a financial loss for Epik to keep renewing your domains, will you or won't you have to pay more?

And why can't you make an argument without resorting to filthy language? Is this the type of customers that Epik attracts? Apparently Rob is OK with this style of attack if it is to defend him, otherwise he would have posted to tone it down. This thread is now becoming filled with disgusting high-school yard language.

Last edited:
•••
upload_2019-9-9_20-49-13.png

Just got 25$ for reporting a bug.

I ve asked Rob as to why 25$ as it should be 10$.

Lets see what he says.

•••
Another bathroom break and more crap.
I am sure even rob doesnt like the vulgar language i use, but sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Go troll another thread, i am watching this thread to learn about epik, not some dumb ass belief’s
Another saying
You can always lead a horse to water, but sometimes you have to shoot it.

•••
I am sure even rob doesnt like the vulgar language i use, but sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. Go troll another thread, i am watching this thread to learn about epik, not some dumb ass belief’s
Another saying

:stop:

•••
Another saying

I do try to make time for NamePros. On some Mondays that will be harder since we
have a bunch of team meetings, and the inbox blows up, but I'll be around.

As for the poop-posters, I actually think @TCK and perhaps others are saboteurs. I don't know their motivation but it seems mean-spirited. AFAIK TCK is not a client.

As for choice of words, while I never lose my cool, I do occasionally use words for emphasis. The written "F***" seemed fitting so, yes, I liked it.

Why did I like it? Because I applaud the spirit of constructive fellowship, and righteous indignation in response to endless nonsense.

As for Bible verse, that one is easy:

“Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” Ephesians 5:11.

It came to mind instantly.

•••
Here is a quick preview of a software update is in staging and is going through QA.

A number of folks requested tools for making fast updates to domain prices within the control panel without having to go page by page but simply as a browse-editor.

That should go live tomorrow:

upload_2019-9-9_14-50-7.png

It should allow in-page editing so that the updates are made instantly without having to load the page. That should help for folks who need to set domain-specific pricing.

Keep those ideas coming. We are listening.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back