Domain Empire

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
slight problem with epik mp listing. can not set bin price.name regd elsewhere,listed at epik.bin area won't accept input only area for minimum price accepts input. listing goes through as make offer. anyone else have same problem or can offer advice.

@cabotower - I sent you a PM. I think we found your Epik account and upgraded you with the relevant features, e.g. NamePros pricing, and ability to sell non-Epik names. PM me or @epik if you need help listing domains in the marketplace, or want to set up SSL parking landers.

•••
Keep those ideas coming. We are listening.

Rob , can the featured domains section in the Marketplace be expanded to display more domains from NamePros members on a random and rotating bases, not based on portfolio size, but based on username so everyone's domains can get equal exposure (perhaps maybe by using smaller fonts and smaller squares). Right now I only see about 12 domains in the featured section, it would be nice to have more domains displayed from everyone here. IMO

PS: “The written "F***" seemed fitting so, yes, I liked it :woot:

•••
Rob , can the featured domains section in the Marketplace be expanded to display more domains from NamePros members on a random and rotating bases, not based on portfolio size, but based on username so everyone's domains can get equal exposure (perhaps maybe by using smaller fonts and smaller squares). Right now I only see about 12 domains in the featured section, it would be nice to have more domains displayed from everyone here. IMO

PS: “The written "F***" seemed fitting so, yes, I liked it :woot:

Sure, let's expand that list of featured domains. It is SEO-followable so the objective was to help the crawlers to see fresh domains and crawl those listing pages.

The listing pages are also linked from the SSL parking pages:

upload_2019-9-9_15-35-34.png

The "More Details" page links to the marketplace listing page for the domain.

For anyone with deep skill on SEO, all suggestions welcome.

cc: @Ala Dadan

•••
The "More Details" page links to the marketplace listing page for the domain.

For anyone with deep skill on SEO, all suggestions welcome.

You read my mind...sort of. I would like to disable the 'more details' function completely. It takes a visitor/potential buyer from an almost white label page to one that is or can be confusing (the new one is clean and fairly easy to navigate).

Also, started a conversation with Mr Dadan about 3 weeks ago wondering if it could be possible to code for a rental box in addition to the sale and lease box but as of now I've gotten no answer. I have had more than one person say they would like to 'rent' the name for 3 months or so to give them a chance to notify their customers of a domain/web change (picked them up on the drop). I would charge them accordingly, but it fits more with my sales techniques. Many years ago I was in the position of losing a name that had content and the jack*** that grabbed the name said something like, "yes, I know the domain is pretty much useless to anyone else but you, but if you want it you have to pay (about 100x more than it was worth). btw, that is what got me started on this journey about two decades ago.

Not sure if the thread is closed or not but if you like, I will try to add you if that would help.

Last edited:
•••
You read my mind...sort of. I would like to disable the 'more details' function completely. It takes a visitor/potential buyer from an almost white label page to one that is or can be confusing (the new one is clean and fairly easy to navigate).

Also, started a conversation with Mr Dadan about 3 weeks ago wondering if it could be possible to code for a rental box in addition to the sale and lease box but as of now I've gotten no answer. I have had more than one person say they would like to 'rent' the name for 3 months or so to give them a chance to notify their customers of a domain/web change (picked them up on the drop). I would charge them accordingly, but it fits more with my sales techniques. Many years ago I was in the position of losing a name that had content and the jack*** that grabbed the name said something like, "yes, I know the domain is pretty much useless to anyone else but you, but if you want it you have to pay (about 100x more than it was worth). btw, that is what got me started on this journey about two decades ago.

Not sure if the thread is closed or not but if you like, I will try to add you if that would help.

Sure, add me to that thread with @Ala Dadan.

We are also making a few changes.

For example, you will be able to turn on/off various parts of the SSL lander's standard content modules. That will give you more control over the messaging.

As for the option of display sale, finance and lease all together, I agree there. Right now we make you choose between lease and finance but should allow both.

•••
Sure, add me to that thread with @Ala Dadan.

We are also making a few changes.

For example, you will be able to turn on/off various parts of the SSL lander's standard content modules. That will give you more control over the messaging.

As for the option of display sale, finance and lease all together, I agree there. Right now we make you choose between lease and finance but should allow both.

Thank you.

I've been told by a friend of the neighbor of the guy that cleans the pool of the person/business with the site/sample in the other thread does pretty well with the rental aspect. I was told a lot people just want to test the waters before buying or they have a short term (6 month/couple year) need for a name.

•••
@Rob Monster , just one other thing about the Landers. (Admittedly I haven't checked them out fully as I haven't got around to it yet, though I intend to use your landers for all my domains as soon as I get some time.) But anyway, I would really like the option for the lander to say:
The Domain name
xxxx.com
is for Sale
Any example I've viewed to date just says :
xxxx.com
is for Sale
(or similar). I know it's very minor but personally I like to make it very evident from the start what's for sale. Otherwise it's possible people will think it's a whole website. This is also affected by the fact that the landers I've seen usually have a picture in the background. That is why I've preferred the simplicity of the DAN landers until now - the wording and the minimalist design makes it 100% clear what is for sale without having to spend any time at all working it out. As you know - an extra second in the online space can make all the difference between a bounce and someone hanging around a bit longer.

•••
@Rob Monster , just one other thing about the Landers. (Admittedly I haven't checked them out fully as I haven't got around to it yet, though I intend to use your landers for all my domains as soon as I get some time.) But anyway, I would really like the option for the lander to say:
The Domain name
xxxx.com
is for Sale
Any example I've viewed to date just says :
xxxx.com
is for Sale
(or similar). I know it's very minor but personally I like to make it very evident from the start what's for sale. Otherwise it's possible people will think it's a whole website. This is also affected by the fact that the landers I've seen usually have a picture in the background. That is why I've preferred the simplicity of the DAN landers until now - the wording and the minimalist design makes it 100% clear what is for sale without having to spend any time at all working it out. As you know - an extra second in the online space can make all the difference between a bounce and someone hanging around a bit longer.

Good input here.

I will review with @Ala Dadan and perhaps do some concept testing for modified default lander layouts.

On a related note, I am considering to get into Flippa's business with the ability to sell entire websites. The logic is that we actually have a large hosting business.

For anyone not aware, the acquisition of Sibyl Systems added a lot of capability in the high performance hosting arena.

In short, people could sell an entire stack, and not just a domain name, e.g. back-end software, databases, social handles, etc.

The internal debate is whether that is a different brand, i.e. not Epik.com, but powered by Epik.

The idea itself is not new for me. I see three big problems with buying developed sites on Flippa:

1. The stats are hard to verify.

2. When you buy a site, the components of the site are often scattered across many places. They are not containerized like what one can do on Docker.

3. Once you buy a site, you may still need help to operate it. This is quite important for someone who is buying a lot of sites and has more money than time!

•••
Good input here.

I will review with @Ala Dadan and perhaps do some concept testing for modified default lander layouts.

On a related note, I am considering to get into Flippa's business with the ability to sell entire websites. The logic is that we actually have a large hosting business.

For anyone not aware, the acquisition of Sibyl Systems added a lot of capability in the high performance hosting arena.

In short, people could sell an entire stack, and not just a domain name, e.g. back-end software, databases, social handles, etc.

The internal debate is whether that is a different brand, i.e. not Epik.com, but powered by Epik.

The idea itself is not new for me. I see three big problems with buying developed sites on Flippa:

1. The stats are hard to verify.

2. When you buy a site, the components of the site are often scattered across many places. They are not containerized like what one can do on Docker.

3. Once you buy a site, you may still need help to operate it. This is quite important for someone who is buying a lot of sites and has more money than time!
Great idea. Flippa is increasingly difficult to do business with these days.
EpikSites.com is still available for hand reg. ;)

•••
I have 4 names now at epik. Removed bin's from other marketplaces, afternic was gross. I was deleting as many bins as i could started feeling nauseous. I hate those pricks as much as anything.Anyways

https://registrar.epik.com/account/email-settings/ I added other email and now when I perform an action, i get double the mail. How do I not get emails sent to additional email accounts? Annoying

Nameservers changed fast like 30 seconds my dns checker. Good, still not resolving on my end, bad. Not your fault I know.

I set bin for each one, payments plan for 3, little clunky at first, installments a little confusing as i thought down payment wouldnt count, see when they resolve.

Google analytics cant find. Another staff posted it earlier i saw it while on break at work there
Looked all over My Account and My Domains. Link to that please
Does Epik have any kind of youtube channel or instructional videos?

Lastly, I emailed support@ several days ago regarding the email notices I receive are displaying improperly in footer area. This includes the 10 emails just received on my phone for listing process, as well as past emails. I included pictures but no response yet.
Most of my business is done on my mobile devices and that doesnt look good at all.
Even tilting the 8plus sideways the footer is still not aligned and displaying properly.
I'll have closer look at inside tomorrow when domains resolve.
2019-09-09 9:19

•••
it looks like
there is no proper way to delete a domain immediately at @epik

you have to push the domain to
deleted@epik account

and hope for the best

( in case of TM issue )

•••
it looks like
there is no proper way to delete a domain immediately at @epik

you have to push the domain to
deleted@epik account

and hope for the best

( in case of TM issue )

Actually, just go here:

upload_2019-9-9_21-32-51.png

It is linked from any domain. See "Remove".

However if it is a domain registered at Epik, indeed push it to [email protected].

•••
I have 4 names now at epik. Removed bin's from other marketplaces, afternic was gross. I was deleting as many bins as i could started feeling nauseous. I hate those pricks as much as anything.Anyways

https://registrar.epik.com/account/email-settings/ I added other email and now when I perform an action, i get double the mail. How do I not get emails sent to additional email accounts? Annoying

Nameservers changed fast like 30 seconds my dns checker. Good, still not resolving on my end, bad. Not your fault I know.

I set bin for each one, payments plan for 3, little clunky at first, installments a little confusing as i thought down payment wouldnt count, see when they resolve.

Google analytics cant find. Another staff posted it earlier i saw it while on break at work there
Looked all over My Account and My Domains. Link to that please
Does Epik have any kind of youtube channel or instructional videos?

Lastly, I emailed support@ several days ago regarding the email notices I receive are displaying improperly in footer area. This includes the 10 emails just received on my phone for listing process, as well as past emails. I included pictures but no response yet.
Most of my business is done on my mobile devices and that doesnt look good at all.
Even tilting the 8plus sideways the footer is still not aligned and displaying properly.
I'll have closer look at inside tomorrow when domains resolve.
2019-09-09 9:19

I sent you a PM to work with you on your specific issues. We'll bring in the support team as needed. They are reachable @epik.

As for alternate email, yes, if you add a backup email address you will get 2 copies. That is why that feature exists.

We might redesign the email notifications area so you can better tailor which notices go to which address. Fair point there.

The Google Analytics is inside of the SSL Lander page designer. It is in the SEO section of the lander. See here:

upload_2019-9-9_21-38-3.png

Knowledgebase is here:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/

We don't have video walkthroughs yet. But we are improving the articles.

Noted on mobile rendering of system emails. We'll give that an audit.

@Raj V
@Ala Dadan
@epik

Last edited:
•••
Actually, just go here:

Show attachment 128779

It is linked from any domain. See "Remove".

However if it is a domain registered at Epik, indeed push it to [email protected].

I wasn't talking about external domains

personally I think that mixture is annoying the way it's organized

I was talking about
how to get rid of a domain registered at epik
when you suddenly realize
you are in a TM dilemma, when keeping that domain
and you want to get rid of it it
RIGHT NOW

•••
I wasn't talking about external domains

personally I think that mixture is annoying the way it's organized

I was talking about
how to get rid of a domain registered at epik
when you suddenly realize
you are in a TM dilemma, when keeping that domain
and you want to get rid of it it
RIGHT NOW

We'll take a look there. We can do this:

(1) Present option to:

(a) delete from account -- the domain may be recoverable without fee.

(b) delete domain from registry - the domain may not be recoverable.

In case of (a) present an "Are you sure?" dialog and then process it.

Assuming that works for you, will discuss with @Ala Dadan.

•••

Email templates are in the process of being redesigned to a responsive and mobile-friendly layout.

•••
We find Robert, the most innovative and helpful individual in the space.

•••
I definitely like the new ability to do direct edits but it seems you have to still click Manage and manually edit any Rental & Purchase Plan settings once set the first time.

What I'd prefer is to have those settings automatically adjust if you edit the Buy Now and Min Offer directly and even on the detail popup. Right now they are locked with the old numbers and would be completely wrong if you don't edit them manually as well.

In the following screenshot all these settings should be the same but they aren't. I had to manually edited each one.

2019-09-12_1746.png

•••
@BradWilson let me review and see what we can do, the main portfolio view will have a major upgrade soon

•••
When transferring your domains to EPIK, what as bee the average wait time to have your domain?

•••
When transferring your domains to EPIK, what as bee the average wait time to have your domain?
That will depend on the losing registrar. If you can expedite the transfer out from the losing registrar then it's pretty much straight away (or within a few hours), but if you can't then it will take up to 5 days.

•••
Do you want to know what warms my heart?

I love seeing folks from places like Nigeria picking up $5.99 .com domains on the drop and flipping those domains for hundreds or thousands of dollars a few days later.

That is pure capitalism that allows local entrepreneurs to bootstrap wealth and financial independence for themselves, their families and their communities.

And you know what? I get to see it just about every day. It is probably the coolest thing about my job. Love that!

•••
@Rob Monster - there seems to be a bit of a glitch at present - I enter a domain to register, click Search and it goes to https://east.epik.com/search. Can't actually register the domain... Thanks

•••
@Rob Monster - there seems to be a bit of a glitch at present - I enter a domain to register, click Search and it goes to https://east.epik.com/search. Can't actually register the domain... Thanks

I think some issue with the Singapore mirror which is what you see from NZ and thereabouts. Engineering will take a look momentarily. @Raj V or I will update the findings. Support can handle any task requests in the meantime.

•••
I think some issue with the Singapore mirror which is what you see from NZ and thereabouts. Engineering will take a look momentarily. @Raj V or I will update the findings. Support can handle any task requests in the meantime.
Thx, I'll just wait till it's back online.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back