NameSilo

discuss .directory Domains...Are they worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MGrimaldi

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Guys ,what do you think ? are they worth your time and money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only have 1. I think it's a bit long so you would want the name to be short.

•••
•••
I have one: social.directory.

I think the name has to fit well, which this does. SocialDirectory is regged in all major TLDs, which makes it attractive as an investment. Also, it's NOT a high premium domain.

Something like cheese [dot]. directory would fit less well.

•••
Makes sense.
When do you think investors in this particular TLD should start selling their domains?

•••
Makes sense.
When do you think investors in this particular TLD should start selling their domains?

Whenever they get that large offer they just can't refuse.

Seriously, these are long-term investments; the mainstream media have been slow to cover the new G's, but, here and there, they are starting to notice. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 5+ years to get these noob G's into the minds and pocketbooks of ordinary domain registrants and users.

Overall, I don't have a lot of the new G's, but what I do have are mostly one word (I even have three one-letter ones, snagged in early days before one-letters were held back by the registries). I have a few two-word ones, such as TopReal.Estate, but mostly, I tend to avoid these asymmetrical ones.

•••
I've turned down a couple of offers on two of my .DIRECTORY domains, but now, after a year, the really intuitive .DIRECTORY names have proven themselves and nearly all of the good ones have either been renewed, built out or resold.

If you want to see which .DIRECTORY names I'm selling right now visit www. wedding.directory

•••
Thank you guys for your replies

•••
I am on the fence with this one. I can see how it can inspire different combinations but I guess it will depend on the niche. For example there are niches where Google is openly fighting against directories and their time is slowly ending. This is added to the fact that directories were exploited for many years and were one of the sure ways to improve rankings. Now this is not the case so it will be interesting to see how the .directory TLD will survive... ;)

•••
So, a few years went by. Anyone sold a .directory domain, ever? (Excluding the 12 sales in Namebio)

•••
So, a few years went by. Anyone sold a .directory domain, ever? (Excluding the 12 sales in Namebio)
i have sold NNN.directory for $xx

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back