IT.COM

news Directnic Acquires Fabulous.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Directnic, a provider of domain names and other Internet services, announces that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire domain name registrar Fabulous.com from Dark Blue Sea Pty. Limited. The transaction is expected to close later today. β€œFor years, Fabulous and Directnic have been two leading domain registrars each with their own market focus one serving businesses and the other … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Consolidation of assets.

•••
Hopefully the support doesn't take a dive... already have to wait 2 days sometimes for answers as it is.

•••
Two days wow. I wonder why you are still with them :)

•••
Two days wow. I wonder why you are still with them :)

Ha. Well some of the names are there temporarily. But still, places like Namesilo and Epik answer me in minutes so I guess I'm spoiled.

•••
We do not think they were leading registrars, but their merger is a notable event in domain name industry. We wish their new entity all the best.

Last edited:
•••
Just registered some names at DirectNic recently to take advantage of their $3.99 promotion (max of 3 .com and 3 .net at that price for each user). Usability was remarkably good for a smaller registrar, and bulk editing was swift in the dashboard. Just be cautious to change the drop down to 1 year (instead of the default 3) and deselect privacy before you checkout.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back