IT.COM

'Fabulous' Domain Names Available at GoDaddy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
New Partnership Enriches Domain Name Aftermarket

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., and BRISBANE, Australia, June 27 /PRNewswire/ -- GoDaddy.com® is pleased to announce a partnership with FabulousDomains which gives the Internet community increased access to a large number of quality domain names.

The agreement allows Go Daddy® to sell FabulousDomains' portfolio of premium names on the Domain Name Aftermarket(TM), Go Daddy's auction house. Premium domains are memorable, marketable and often based on popular search terms, giving them greater appeal.

"Domain names are the real estate of the 21st century," said Bob Parsons, GoDaddy.com CEO and founder. "Our Domain Name Aftermarket provides great opportunities to obtain names in demand. This partnership with FabulousDomains broadens the spectrum of top-notch names we can offer our customers."

"FabulousDomains' portfolio fits perfectly into Go Daddy's Domain Name Aftermarket," said Dan Warner, FabulousDomains COO. "The premium names we bring augment Go Daddy's already superior auction site, while they provide our names with excellent exposure."

The Domain Name Aftermarket provides customers a safe, secure and easy-to-use marketplace to either bid on a domain name or post a domain for sale, with commissions lower than major competitors. Go Daddy's Domain Name Aftermarket exchange service has more than one million domain names available for purchase and is the industry leader in terms of transaction volume.

To see the domain names available for auction, visit www.thedomainnameaftermarket.com.

About The Go Daddy Group, Inc.

Go Daddy is a leading provider of services that enable individuals and businesses to establish, maintain and evolve an online presence. Go Daddy provides a variety of domain name registration and Web site hosting services as well as a broad array of on-demand and other services. The Go Daddy Group is the world's largest domain name registrar, with approximately 14.1 million domain names under management as of May 31, 2006 and North America's largest shared Web site hosting provider. During the final six months of 2005, The Go Daddy Group registered approximately one-third of all domain names registered in the top five generic top-level domains, or gTLDs, including .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info.

About FabulousDomains and the Dark Blue Sea Group

FabulousDomains owns over 500,000 high quality, commercially focused, generic keyword domain names. FabulousDomains is operated by the Australian listed company, Dark Blue Sea Ltd. Dark Blue Sea are direct navigation experts, whose suite of products including Fabulous.com (an ICANN accredited domain name registrar), DarkBlue.com (online advertising affiliate network) and Roar.com / PageSeeker.com (its online advertising portals) provide a fully integrated package for the generation, management and monetization of domain name traffic. Approximately 170,000 unique visitors from around the world, directly navigate to one of FabulousDomains' domain names every day, by simply typing the domain name directly into their internet browser. The inherent brandability of FabulousDomains' domain names makes them ideal for small to medium enterprises. Dark Blue Sea is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (code: DBS) and has a Level 1 over-the-counter ADR program through the Bank of New York (OTC: DKBLY - News).

Source: Yahoo News

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Odd that as a fabulous user, I have not received anything on this. Even the news link on the main login page doesn't have this announced. I'm wondering how this will work. I've PM'd user Mike Fabulous to hopefully answer a few qustions I have here:

1. Does this apply to only Fabulous owned domains or to fabulous users as well?

2. Will this replace the current Fabulous sales system, be added as an auction alternative to fixed price listings, or something else?

3. How will this effect parked domains? (will for Fabulous sale link lead to tdnam, tdnam redirection as an option, etc.)

4. Does this effect secondary domain sales, fabulous expired domains, or both?

This could be good for Fabulous domain for sale users, if it consolidates entry into the tdnam auction while using the Fab parking and portfolio interface. On the other hand, godaddy does get a cut at tdnam,and sales at fabulous.com are now just between the seller and offeror, since fabulous just forwards requests without acting as broker or escrow agent. The extra exposure could be worth it, but I would like more details.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Odd that as a fabulous user, I have not received anything on this. Even the news link on the main login page doesn't have this announced. I'm wondering how this will work. I've PM'd user Mike Fabulous to hopefully answer a few qustions I have here:

1. Does this apply to only Fabulous owned domains or to fabulous users as well?

2. Will this replace the current Fabulous sales system, be added as an auction alternative to fixed price listings, or something else?

3. How will this effect parked domains? (will for Fabulous sale link lead to tdnam, tdnam redirection as an option, etc.)

4. Does this effect secondary domain sales, fabulous expired domains, or both?

This could be good for Fabulous domain for sale users, if it consolidates entry into the tdnam auction while using the Fab parking and portfolio interface. On the other hand, godaddy does get a cut at tdnam,and sales at fabulous.com are now just between the seller and offeror, since fabulous just forwards requests without acting as broker or escrow agent. The extra exposure could be worth it, but I would like more details.

Same opinion here...
As a Fabulous.com and Darkblue.com client I would expect a email.

•••
Just reading the press release with an eye for detail, it would appear it is ONLY the fabulousdomains.com portfolio only, and not that of clients of their registrar and parking service fabulous.com. I guess we'll have to wait and see what plans they have. Fabulous supposedly has 500k domains themselves, which is why they supposedly started their own registry. Here is the quote with bolding by me.
About FabulousDomains and the Dark Blue Sea Group FabulousDomains owns over 500,000 high quality, commercially focused, generic keyword domain names. FabulousDomains is operated by the Australian listed company, Dark Blue Sea Ltd. Dark Blue Sea are direct navigation experts, whose suite of products including Fabulous.com (an ICANN accredited domain name registrar), DarkBlue.com (online advertising affiliate network) and Roar.com / PageSeeker.com (its online advertising portals) provide a fully integrated package for the generation, management and monetization of domain name traffic. Approximately 170,000 unique visitors from around the world, directly navigate to one of FabulousDomains' domain names every day, by simply typing the domain name directly into their internet browser.

I think they way this works is that fabulous.com is the ICANN registrar, but as a company probably separate from fabulousdomains.com which is a domain investment company like most of us. it would appear, that the parking and for sale listings at fabulous.com are actually provided by the sister companies fabulousdomains.com and their sister parking company Dark Blue. Just speculating, but this is what it looks like from my checking things out.

Interestingly, lately I've also seen a huge amount of BuyDomains domains listed on tdnam as well. Most all of them are make offer with the minimum offer being $800. Fabulousdomains.com's 500k names and Buydomains.com's 650k names, would put almost 1.2 million domain listings at tdnam with jsut those two customers. Interesting...

•••
Hi Mark, Faisal,

This announcement applies to the Fabulous's parent company's portfolio only and doesn’t as yet apply to Fabulous monetization customers.

Naturally we are looking at including third party domains in our FabulousDomains.com marketplace, however we want to ensure that all the kinks are ironed before we offer this service to Fabulous.com monetization customers.

Of course we will make sure to keep you updated with any news regarding this venture as and when it occurs.

Andrew Wright
Fabulous.com & FabulousDomains.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back