Domain Empire

.tv Ding Dong Daddy: Bob Parsons' Dot TV Warning.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
isn't it obvious what Bob's problem with .TV is?

Does any know the exact relationship GoDaddy has with .ME? ;)
Call up a godaddy rep and ask them. You won't get the same answer twice.
Call up your executive rep (if you have one)... and you'll see the big picture.

Bob Parsons is many things: a mascot. A cheerleader... For whatever he has to sell at that moment in time. A true ringmaster. don't fall for the ever-evolving hype.

Of course GD is behind .ME $110% and not backing .TV
Let's just say GD has more influence over 1 vs the other.
Perform your own due diligence.

Nothing wrong with .me OR .tv, but if you base your portfolio decisions on Bob (or on "others" for that matter), this is not the game for you. kindly take the next exit and go play somewhere else, there's no room for whiners & fair-weather fans. It gets painfully tiresome (on this board) to hear the same doom & gloom comments/arguments from the same people time & time again.

to all those crying:

"the island is sinking"
"the sky is falling
"the economy is dying"
".com is the only TLD"
".tv sucks"
"premium renewals suck"
".mobi sucks"
"get out while you still can"
etc...

...if that's what you believe, then go save yourself and stop trying to weigh everyone else down with your own doubts & misery. maybe these trolls think they are our pseudo-saviors or perhaps they are trying to impart their glorious wisdom on us all... to save us from ourselves... what a joke. If you hate a TLD, who cares? Why do you feel the need to tell everyone else about it?

everyone knows the saying: "misery loves company". so true in the domaining industry... when one person fails, they believe the "market" is dead and want to spend their time dragging everyone else into their failure (including the TLD itself). people need to learn to blame themselves for their own failures, not other people, and not a sinking island. LOL.

•••
Another bad new: please look at Dynadot, TV are now on the bottom, between .cn and .cc...

But, it is NOT a pbm for me because when I see all this marvellous .tv developped, they are the best promotion for our extension.

•••
well at least my quote isnt in post, lol.."cash is king" if i see a name i want i will get it if it makes sense...

your right on failures and you cant blame others on your investment choices...i do think the most of us that are in .tv for the long haul know this...

Last edited:
•••
Bob Parsons has lost it ever since he got Dana Patrick on the front page. I hope I did not offend anybody but Bob can do better than that:) Get some of Larry Flint's women on the front page.

•••
Bob is awesome. I love the way each "GoDaddy was called out..." is said with a huge grin on his face.
He doesn't really care about us here, or our opinions. We're too stingy. Bob loves money and is very good at making it.
Our *real* .tv money is going to eNom as they have all the premiums. I'm guessing .tv will be back on the front page in a month-or-two after the .me cash-cow has been milked some more, and Bob'll toss us another bone (code/sale) to keep GoDaddy in the game. Some of us may consolidate our non-premium 'keepers' at NameCheap or eNom, but if there's another $9.99 or $12.99 sale they'll probably get another big wedge of (speculative) registrations. Although, he still seem a bit more anti-.tv than he needed to be... perhaps something has happened behind the scenes that we're not privy to and my little prediction may be wrong; GD will keep taking the $39.99 registrations and renewals but that's all. Hmm.

Jimbojimbo said:
Hooray!

Cheaper prices due to the sinking ship.

:sold: :)

•••
The .me thing seems to be very ego driven..

as for me im going down with the island..

As far as that awardz show goez im thinken maybe " the bobbies "it would be a two faced staute of a weird looken dude grinning from ear to ear !

I could see it now "live from down town any town USA, the 1st anual dotTV bobbie awardz.."

he would be assured to go down in history..

•••
MicroGuy said:
Parsons was certainly taking multiple shots at Verisign for a reason.

It's about time someone with clout had a go at Verisign. What a pack of losers!

•••
that was a pretty funny video. obviously bob there has other intentions- Tuvalu under international law will remain a sovereign nation even though its only "real estate" will be the .tv Internet domain.
so either he is trying to be smarter than the average car salesman with his really really weird video, or he is actually really really stupid, and thinks if tuvalu sinks, .tv goes away.
either way- what a wack job :lol:

btw- hi everybody!!!!!!

•••
Smash is back

Jimbo Happy - everybody happy!!!!!

except Bob!

•••
Godaddy now says:

$39.99/yr
Official domain
for Tuvalu!

right in the little box, as not to confuse it with television LOL!

•••
domainacrobat said:
Godaddy now says:

$39.99/yr
Official domain
for Tuvalu!

right in the little box, as not to confuse it with television LOL!

If you type in a search for any other ccTLD it doesn't tell you what the country is! Obviously this whole thing is a deliberate snub of .tv by Parsons..... Seems like somebody didn't get their own way so they want their ball back!!

•••
When you find an available .TV now, Godaddy pops this "Best Choice" graphic. D-:

ding.png

•••
that is exactly what im talking about LOL!

•••
What's the deal?
Has anyone figured out the real reason that GD is trying to push .TV away?

Clearly it's a money thing, but I wasn't sure if anyone's heard any specifics...

•••
...and I guess that in Bobbo's world .me is NOT the official domain of Montenegro, but actually stands for the ME generation.

Me wonders what he is smoking, anyway? :lol:

•••
lesson for all of us no to follow trend makers but our guts and our business sense

•••
whats tuvalu. Is .tv a cctld. OMG ;)

•••
Len said:
Seems like somebody didn't get their own way so they want their ball back!!

:tu: This is the feel I get too.

I always thought that GD were going to try and get the contract for running the premium system from eNom one day (which is why they inflate their total number of .tv registrations with the frequent sales). Maybe Bob made a move too early and got rejected...

(But of course that's pure speculation)

•••
If you think .tv (or any other extension) is going to crash just because godaddy is no longer backing it you may need to reconsider your investments :tu:

•••
Its more about scaring of future potential investors & devlopers who dont know the truth..

and It would really blow if my clients where to see that crap..

thats all...

this whole doT TV thing with bobby boy and the disappearing island kinda remindz me of a " Lost " episode...

im goen where the island goes..

•••
sdsinc said:
If you think .tv (or any other extension) is going to crash just because godaddy is no longer backing it you may need to reconsider your investments :tu:

I agree but that is beside the point.

Its absurd for a registrar to even think of denouncing an extension, has this ever happened before?

What is godaddy thinking? Maybe being the #1 registrar is getting to their head. I am well aware that they own the distribution rights for .me, but why try to hurt your own customers (domainers) to promote that extension? If you even bought one .tv for investment purposes, you should be pissed.

I probably have close to 100 .tv's and several domains in other extensions with godaddy, i will be moving all of them out.

Last edited:
•••
where is chef patrick when we need him...

he will get the real answer on this and why for us.. he is the best interviewer and knows tons of info..

i think its enom renewing there contract and this caused all this..

•••
it gets even worse LOL!

dingdong.jpg

I cant believe how quickly he changes suit just to sell more .ME LOL! .me is a bubble away from bursting, its all a massive marketing ploy IMO!

And I quote
best choice for Video, Audio and more

LOL!!!!

1.Geared to sites with video and interactive content.

LOL!

•••
Obviously something went sour between Godaddy and Verisign. Its kinda humorous to see how Godaddy works... they dont get their way so now they are calling foul by all the "de-marketing" etc of .TV. Smart Move? Guess time will tell.

•••
I'm sure they've been making more with .me lately than .tv, however there's 50 other extensions (like .ws in example) Bob could have chosen to take a dump on if that's all he wanted to do...

Seeing as .tv has been promoted fairly heavily by GD in the past, I'm quite surprised to see this -- I really don't understand the logic behind a registrar denouncing any extension, seeing as they make money off of all of them and stand to do little other than anger existing customers.

I'm also wondering if there's more to the story because it does seem a bit odd.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back