Dynadot

.tv Ding Dong Daddy: Bob Parsons' Dot TV Warning.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't suppose it's got anything to do with promoting the .me special pricing???
NOoooo..... Bob Parsons wouldn't do that now, would he? :guilty:

•••
The .TV "doomsday message" is delivered during the first couple minutes of the video. I just had a chance to view the rest, and wow, he really starts getting wacky in the later minutes. :-/

•••
Maybe godaddy had a falling out with Verisign/enom. Godaddy has been a great supporter of .tv, so this is surprising.

•••
This is not good.
Bob Parsons in the video says that Tuvalu is drowning and .TV may go away... therefore, he switched over to BobParsons.ME.
Furthermore, you can't see .TV anywhere in the front page, and when you search for domain names, .TV doesn't come up...

•••
this is all a marketing ploy by Parsons.

•••
uh yeah...

Tuvalu is sinking but godaddy, rather than bailing out and giving us a bargain basement price on the domain name, is content to STILL CHARGE $39.99 a year.

Let's face it Bobby-boy, as a marketing guru, you SUCK OUT LOUD!!! ;)

...and I assume he's royally p*ssed off regarding premium pricing too boot! :D

•••
Have to admit this is a shocker and how much I love godaddy this is not good.

I'm sensing when Enom central renewed the contract on .tv that threw godaddy out of the picture in handling .tv imo

Also he is hyping .me up and probably follow the money trend.

Looks like I will be buying my .tv names with Enom.tv

I am not watching video.

•••
freedom30 said:
I agree, only thing sinking is his marketing tactics, what a money hungry clown shoe :D

•••
well i decided give in and watch this..

at least the lady is cute, lol..

•••
I swear I read somewhere that even if Tuvalu does disappear under the waves that the .tv extension would continue on...

•••
No matter the reason, the only reason Bob does ANYTHING is because it benefits him. So it is safe to say that somehow .tv does not benefit him anymore (lost contract, lost revenue, lost tv remote, whatever).

Aside from that reason, he would not badmouth his mom as long as she was earning money.

•••
•••
Ya know, every time I see (or hear) BP, all I can think of is a young Larry Flint. Because of this I'm emotionally incapable of buying anything from him/GD as I'd be scared to death that my mom would walk in the house and "catch me" ogling an available domain.

It would be just so embarrassing and psychologically devastating I don't think I could ever recover from it.

OOPS! Gotta run now, am late for my therapy session.

Last edited:
•••
freedom30 said:
uh yeah...

Tuvalu is sinking but godaddy, rather than bailing out and giving us a bargain basement price on the domain name, is content to STILL CHARGE $39.99 a year.

...and I assume he's royally p*ssed off regarding premium pricing too boot! :D

Lol, so true.

•••
Parsons was certainly taking multiple shots at Verisign for a reason.

Both the .TV thrashing and the SSL certificate price comparison exhibited signs of personal resentment toward the company and he was clearly enjoying the opportunity.

I'm going to sleep. :zzz:

•••
Namecheap - 17.99 - and NO lecture

Bob Parsons - 39.99

Who actually cares what he says or what his 'flavour of the month' is?

We just want service and price and the recession means we'll get it.

•••
No doubt he really was good businessman, now with a really big ego and his video show is becoming circus and him just a clown. Really pathetic.

•••
All does look like one big marketing plan from Bob but others may not see things like that, .tv is sure to get some bad PR on many blogs from domainers who watched that clip & will get all excited about the dramatic .tv is sinking rubbish.

•••
mckennaronnie said:
many blogs from domainers who watched that clip & will get all excited about the dramatic .tv is sinking rubbish.

Hooray!

Cheaper prices due to the sinking ship.

•••
If he believes this how can he in good conscience still sell ( .TV 's )...
that would be fraud..

I wouldnt even wanna hang out with that guy..

maybe we should have an awardz show..and hand out awards to our selves.. hummm i have a green screen and video production equipment some one send me a script and I'll film it..

.sunk & .sea... what a j**k ...

Last edited:
•••
lol...i like it and we get a blogger tow write it up, its on front page of domaining.com lol... that could be an interesting video... there are some bloggers i believe that could write up on this in our favor..

newBtv said:
If he believes this how can he in good conscience still sell ( .TV 's )...
that would be fraud..

I wouldnt even wanna hang out with that guy..

maybe we should have an awardz show..and hand out awards to our selves.. hummm i have a green screen and video production equipment some one send me a script and I'll film it..

.sunk & .sea... what a j**k ...

•••
jeffoverman said:
lol...i like it and we get a blogger tow write it up, its on front page of domaining.com lol... that could be an interesting video... there are some bloggers i believe that could write up on this in our favor..
Nice observation Jeff.

"It was also nice to see GoDaddy picked up on the sinking Tuvalu issue." Not.

•••
He made a choice.
I will make one too.
I can not trust a supplier which don't believes in what he sells.
I will move my remaining .tv domains out from GD.

Every serious .tv investor should do the same IMHO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back