Dynadot

.tv Ding Dong Daddy: Bob Parsons' Dot TV Warning.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm no fan of what Bob has done but i do think some here are getting a little carried away with what impact his stupid video will have on .tv

In MY opinion rathert han keeping this matter going & giving Bob P more chance to talk while promoting his new favourite friend then we should let it all die down, videos like his are meant to be controversial in order to get this kind of attention so dont give it to him.

If you are upset all this then transfer your domains out of Godaddy, that will hurt him more than anything else. I'm sure he will regret his lack of respect & morals if we losses thousand of .tv renewals per year just to sell some .me's that may not get renewed.

Bob Parsons cant make or break this extension, look at all the developers & endusers who are using .tv & you will see this. Do you really think the endusers will shut up their .tv's due to something Bob Parsons said in a video that made him look crazy & childish?

I dont, i couldnt care less what Bob Parsons think as he has nothing to do with my interest in .tv & i do not worth at all about him affecting of decent domains. I've had offers since this video and i know others who have had really big offers since, nothing has changed at all.

Just how i see it, my last post in this thread as i don't think keeping it going does anyone but Bob Parsons any good. IMHO

•••
I agree with Rodeo. Bob Parsons should have just moved on not devalued .tv before he did. He put a big dent in my high hopes.

JLC

•••
After given it a week or so's worth of thought, I have changed my tune; i now agree with Ronnie.. in that I dont give a red rats rip what " Bobby Boy " thinkz or doez i regardz too the dotTV ext... dotTV can and will stand on its own, with or with out the asst. of some schmuck from the USA who thinks he knowz every thing.. welp>> timez are changen baby.. and the late great USA is no longer the trend setter she use to be...and because the rest of the planet see's the dot TV light at the end of the tunnel this prompts me to preddict that dotTV in the long run ( 4yrs ) will be the World wide Winner surpassing "com" < yes I said it.. with or with-out the island!

I remind you all I predicted the collapse of the Soviet Union in a term paper I wrote when I was a Poli Sci major at SUNY Oswego and got a D- and subsesqently flunked outta collage that was 1988.. and I also predicted that idiologs would fly planes into buildingz in Manhattan, both came to pass !

Last edited:
•••
jlc said:
Hi All,
I have to say I am VERY disappointed with Bobs tactics on .tv. Makes no sense to me. I made a short post on his blog, waiting for it to show up.
Poor judgement and bad business. I have alot invested in .tv.

He should of just moved on without the comments about .tv. All he said in the blog in his defense was the statement was made "tongue n cheek".

I am still shaking my head, I can't believe he was so ........ I don't even know the word I am looking for.

Thanks to those who posted on Bobs blog in defense of .tv.

Judy
i wouldn't hold my breath on it showing up judy...he refused to post several of mine...and i was nice about them too...nothing rude...just questions and comments he didnt want out there.
randy

•••
They key test is did he act in bad faith. Did he sell DOT TV knowing it was harmful or had no value. Which I think is a difficult claim on multiple fronts. Otherwise, he is bad mouthing DOT TV expressing his opinion, which isn't fact.

•••
I tend to agree with the opinion that any illegality will be hard to prove (as much as i would like to see it ), that said, the flippant and dismissive remarks to Brians comments and the fact he conveniently didnt't publish the comments of others tells me all i need to know about the guy and how he works.

I believe that .TV will continue its success with or without these change with the wind type of characters,so although he has annoyed me he certainly has not shaken my believe in .tv in any way whatsoever.

On a more positive note, i had a chat today with the Sales team over at Enom to see if i could negotiate a deal for people wanting to transfer away from Godaddy in light of Bobs antics, i explained why this was happening and showed them the video Bob did slating .TV, i was somewhat suprised that they were not aware of this, however once i showed it to them and explained that they could potentially gain a lot of business, he said that he will take it higher and see if it was possible to do a deal could do a deal for .tv transfers.

Although not promising anything i do believe they were suprised at what Bob has done and genuinally realised the potential for new business for people coming away from GD,So the ball is now in their court in regards as to if/what they want to do.

Again,No promises about anything, i just made them aware of the situation,so it is entirely up to them now if they do anything, but at least they now know about the video and at the very least it may spark some counter statement from themsleves or even Verisign if they show it to them,which i am sure they will.

They promised to email me if they do decide to do anything,so if i hear that they are doing something then i will of course post it.

I am going to transfer my names away from GD,So if they come back with a good offer for .tv transfers with 1 year renewal then i for one will transfer mine to them without hesitation irrespective of my thoughts on how they handle .TV , if it saves me some $$$ , then i am in.

Last edited:
•••
StoneRoses said:
I tend to agree with the opinion that any illegality will be hard to prove (as much as i would like to see it ), that said, the flippant and dismissive remarks to Brians comments and the fact he conveniently didnt't publish the comments of others tells me all i need to know about the guy and how he works.

I believe that .TV will continue its success with or without these change with the wind type of characters,so although he has annoyed me he certainly has not shaken my believe in .tv in any way whatsoever.

On a more positive note, i had a chat today with the Sales team over at Enom to see if i could negotiate a deal for people wanting to transfer away from Godaddy in light of Bobs antics, i explained why this was happening and showed them the video Bob did slating .TV, i was somewhat suprised that they were not aware of this, however once i showed it to them and explained that they could potentially gain a lot of business, he said that he will take it higher and see if it was possible to do a deal could do a deal for .tv transfers.

Although not promising anything i do believe they were suprised at what Bob has done and genuinally realised the potential for new business for people coming away from GD,So the ball is now in their court in regards as to if/what they want to do.

Again,No promises about anything, i just made them aware of the situation,so it is entirely up to them now if they do anything, but at least they now know about the video and at the very least it may spark some counter statement from themsleves or even Verisign if they show it to them,which i am sure they will.

They promised to email me if they do decide to do anything,so if i hear that they are doing something then i will of course post it.

I am going to transfer my names away from GD,So if they come back with a good offer for .tv transfers with 1 year renewal then i for one will transfer mine to them without hesitation irrespective of my thoughts on how they handle .TV , if it saves me some $$$ , then i am in.

I'd certainly be interested to hear about any discount they may come up with for transfers.
Thanks for posting Bob.

•••
localexperts said:
They key test is did he act in bad faith. Did he sell DOT TV knowing it was harmful or had no value. Which I think is a difficult claim on multiple fronts. Otherwise, he is bad mouthing DOT TV expressing his opinion, which isn't fact.

What is wrong with a business selling something they think is of no value? If the customer wants it is doesn't matter what the seller thinks. Registrars do this daily with all extensions.

•••
I didn't say it was wrong.

•••
RodeoCowboy007 said:
i am aware that this is not stocks...but all contracts including the purchase of domain names have an implied moral clause...

That sounds rather vague, implied moral clause to do what?

RodeoCowboy007 said:
if you had big money invested in something that someone sold you and then that same person told your potential customer for the same product that the product was defunct....what would you suggest?

If the comments were false you could likely sue, if the comments were true you'd have to wear it I'd imagine. In many areas of business people sell something that they don't believe in.

•••
I think people understand that marketing (many times) is legalized lieing.

•••
In the UK I would be quite convinced that I could AT LEAST get my money back on every .TV name I purchased at GoDaddy based purely on the fact it was sold to me as the defacto extension for 'television' not 'Tuvalu'.

If you read the Act of Parliament that discusses this

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/conten...185735&ActiveTextDocId=1185735&filesize=10126

you will also see that if I LOST business there is also scope for recompense.

Of course, real world, that's not going to happen. I actually like the service GoDaddy gives. The fact they have a boss who has had a spat with Verisign is no odds to me. It won't stop TV increasing its position as the place for anything televisual.

Will I move my .TV names. Probably. But that has more to do with the ridiculous .TV prices at GoDaddy rather then their 'off message' boss. If they go back to better prices and good service they'll keep me.

•••
Quite tacky and unprofessional. Not that Godaddy has ever NOT been tacky, but this is poor form.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back