Dynadot

Did you really make money from parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I parked 20+ domains for a week, only 6 views, and 0 click :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The higher the Advertiser Competition the better?

•••
JuniorBJJ said:
The higher the Advertiser Competition the better?
Absolutely...... if you only have one bidder then they can pay what they want for that click....... sometimes as low as one measly cent.

The more the better.

•••
Are these domains are only .com for generic domains?
is
man.com
---
man.net
man.org
man.co.in
man.co.uk
also work?
which is better of woman.com and man.net for man.com?
Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
Blaknite, I buy directly from owners and search the aftermarket.

I don't use Wordtracker. I used the Google keyword tool to check bids and other stats they give.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

After you enter this tool:

Decheck "Use Synonyms"

Then check "Don't show ideas for new keywords. I only want to see data about the keywords I entered."

Enter the keywords you want to search, type in the letter code and hit search. After you do that there are some other options.

One of the options is a picklist that says "Choose columns to display:" Click that and then chose the options that says "Show All"

Next, from the "Match Type:" chose "exact".

You should now see a set of stats running left-right that gives you the Estimated Average CPC, hottest month for that keyword, search trends, advertiser competition levels.

You can use all those to get a feel of the market..... the click price and the depth of advertisers are the two most important to focus on. From there you just use all your other tools to cross check you domain to see if you can find any weaknesses. If all looks good then maybe it the domain is a buy.

The more you use the tool..... the easier it is to guess what a domain will do after you buy it. However, we all still make mistakes sometimes.... even still. :]

Yes.... it is a ton of work. I think the rewards are better though.

Thanks for sharing. Rep +

One more question. Out of 10,000 names found at TDNam in a single day, how many names usually meet the "buy" criteria?

•••
chnet said:
Are these domains are only .com for generic domains?
is
man.com
---
man.net
man.org
man.co.in
man.co.uk
also work?
which is better of woman.com and man.net for man.com?
Thank you.
I don't know what you are asking.

PowerUp said:
Thanks for sharing. Rep +

One more question. Out of 10,000 names found at TDNam in a single day, how many names usually meet the "buy" criteria?
Thanks PowerUp!

Out of 10,000? I'm not sure. I'm not sure how many drop every day.

What I do is search the entire list for the nine day time frame all at once for only "expired auctions"..... it takes me about six or so hours of intense looking. I simply put all the ones I am interested in into my "watching" list. Then I work that list every morning to try to find the good ones..... the bad ones I obviously delete. I only work the expired auctions that have traffic. After that is finished I search select keywords to work the rest of the Godaddy expired domains that may or may not have traffic.

Generally speaking however, unless you are into domain sales, you need traffic to make money..... so concentrating on the ones with traffic is important if you are looking for parking income.

•••
As it was said here before, I think domain parking usually only works at extremely generic and common keywords (at generic tdl's), and on domains which have already been developed, provided they were averagely successful sites.

•••
nameflux said:
As it was said here before, I think domain parking usually only works at extremely generic and common keywords (at generic tdl's), and on domains which have already been developed, provided they were averagely successful sites.
That is not true....I'm sorry.

There are plenty of generic domains that have never had one single page showing on them.....ever in the history of the Net.........that pump out direct navigation traffic.

Do you think that if Candy.com had never had a single page dev., parked, etc..... would still not have folks typing it in?

•••
I said:

I think domain parking usually only works at extremely generic and common keywords (at generic tdl's), and on domains which have already been developed

Maybe it's me (my English is not the best) but I think that's exactly what I wrote...

•••
Seabass said:
I don't know what you are asking.

Thanks PowerUp!

Out of 10,000? I'm not sure. I'm not sure how many drop every day.

What I do is search the entire list for the nine day time frame all at once for only "expired auctions"..... it takes me about six or so hours of intense looking. I simply put all the ones I am interested in into my "watching" list. Then I work that list every morning to try to find the good ones..... the bad ones I obviously delete. I only work the expired auctions that have traffic. After that is finished I search select keywords to work the rest of the Godaddy expired domains that may or may not have traffic.

Generally speaking however, unless you are into domain sales, you need traffic to make money..... so concentrating on the ones with traffic is important if you are looking for parking income.

Are you a full time domainer?

•••
On tdnam, is that traffic for the current month or what?

•••
nameflux said:
I said:

I think domain parking usually only works at extremely generic and common keywords (at generic tdl's), and on domains which have already been developed

Maybe it's me (my English is not the best) but I think that's exactly what I wrote...
My bad..... I think I read your post too quick. It's correct English.

PowerUp said:
Are you a full time domainer?
Yes.

JuniorBJJ said:
On tdnam, is that traffic for the current month or what?
The traffic numbers they show are supposedly for the last 30 days..... but you still need to do your due diligence..... sometimes domains have traffic when they should not..... meaning bots, etc...

If anything smells fishy...just pass.... many more domains are coming. :lol:

•••
Interesting Post Going around..

I just would want to know from you all guys, How much earning you guys think a domain would make which can make you happy.

Im just asking about Hand Reg domains.. Atleast Registration Fees thats first target. And i know the more it makes its better. Just im just asking a minimum Range.

I also Search domains the way Seabass Does, using Adword tool. But i add few more things to It. Like CPC. I try to find names and register if available, only domain CPC shows $10+

Coz i feel to get Success @ domainparking CPC matters a lot if you registering hand reg domains and assuming domain may have traffic.

Im just talking about little Traffic domains here.

coz for high CPC, It just Requires hardly few clicks to get you into Profit. There is still lods of hard work, Optimising domains, keywords and many other things. But Still you can get Success ;)

•••
getaddicted said:
Interesting Post Going around..

I just would want to know from you all guys, How much earning you guys think a domain would make which can make you happy.

Im just asking about Hand Reg domains.. Atleast Registration Fees thats first target. And i know the more it makes its better. Just im just asking a minimum Range.

I also Search domains the way Seabass Does, using Adword tool. But i add few more things to It. Like CPC. I try to find names and register if available, only domain CPC shows $10+

Coz i feel to get Success @ domainparking CPC matters a lot if you registering hand reg domains and assuming domain may have traffic.

Im just talking about little Traffic domains here.

coz for high CPC, It just Requires hardly few clicks to get you into Profit. There is still lods of hard work, Optimising domains, keywords and many other things. But Still you can get Success ;)
For long term outlook you need to remember that domain prices are going to go up........ so really you want to try to get domains that make at least $30 or more a year to give yourself a cushion in 10 years from now if domains are costing $18, for example. Hopefully though, your payout will go up too.

All this is still an imperfect science...... and all I can tell you is that the more mistakes you make now the less you will in the future. I've been doing this since 1995 and I am still getting better at it ; You never stop learning.

•••
Ya well Said Seabass, You never stop learning. Im into domaining from last 4 yrs and im just learning.

I feel if we could make atleast 3 times of our investments, Minimum thats a decent sum of Return.

And Domain parking is like you need to keep learning from each and every domain, Trying new ideas, new stuff, rotating keywords and on and on......

last thing i want to add is. Im not sure about domain parking, how long it will exist and then last option we have is Development.. I dont know where would domainparking be after say 5 years.

Hope it Stays ;) so could work less ;)

•••
getaddicted said:
Ya well Said Seabass, You never stop learning. Im into domaining from last 4 yrs and im just learning.

I feel if we could make atleast 3 times of our investments, Minimum thats a decent sum of Return.

And Domain parking is like you need to keep learning from each and every domain, Trying new ideas, new stuff, rotating keywords and on and on......

last thing i want to add is. Im not sure about domain parking, how long it will exist and then last option we have is Development.. I dont know where would domainparking be after say 5 years.

Hope it Stays ;) so could work less ;)
I think Parking will still be around.....but maybe not with G or Y anymore, or maybe just a select few partners for them......like what they are doing right now with arbitrage.

I'm sure there still will be some company to fill the void....Ask, FindWhat, etc....

•••
Thoughts ~

Hmm,

Time will help us all.

Domains heavy with Keywords and GEO DOMAINS ~ will be the first to become a commodity.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
premiumdomainrentals said:
Hmm,

You might make the best cheeseburger in the US on your george foreman grill.

But unless the world catches on to ( what your serving and thinking ) is the best ~ then it is all in your eyes.

Time will help us all.

Domains heavy with Keywords and GEO DOMAINS ~ will be the first to become a commodity.

Valuable Keyword Domains will eventually start to take over GOOGLE searches ~ Premium Domains will Direct Traffic like a traffic light or stop sign.

In 2014 Domains will be like a yellow pages ~ directing people to websites bases on the specific search terms initiated by the consumer.

(IE: MexicoCruises.com ~ right now it helps 50 people a day ~ in 5 years it will help 5000 ~ Whether it is a functioning site or a site full of ads).

Good Luck.
Currently direct navigation is decreasing b/c browser redirects, G an Y making sure the surfer does not reach you when they type in your domain into either browser, etc.......

Also, new video games, podcasts, YouTube, etc..... have been pulling folks away from domains also.

I'm not sure where the bottom is at.....but I think we are getting close to the point where it won't go down much further.

•••
response to the last response..

Bill Gates Quote ::
" Domain Names will direct internet traffic in the future ". whether you are in china , usa , or australia.

>

Last edited:
•••
Yes Friend, You are right with keyword thing,

Its like people are use to google each and everything. I personally Few The Excat Keyword Domain should have a great value and should be supported by Search engine, Say like premiumdomainrental Had given the example about Hong Kong Hotels

Very few will type hong kong hotels (.) com, But i feel search engine should give special provision to the excat keyword domain, coz whenever we search for anything we may end up finding not what we are looking for.

If searchengine start supporting the excat keyword name by displaying them on top page or anything similar to that. It will help everyone, Ya may be it should be a parked domain, rather it should be an informative site. so that people could find excatly what they are looking for.

Thats my way of thinking, I may be wrong. but still i feel The Excat keyword domain should get its value.

•••
getaddicted said:
Yes Friend, You are right with keyword thing,

Its like people are use to google each and everything. I personally Few The Excat Keyword Domain should have a great value and should be supported by Search engine, Say like premiumdomainrental Had given the example about Hong Kong Hotels

Very few will type hong kong hotels (.) com, But i feel search engine should give special provision to the excat keyword domain, coz whenever we search for anything we may end up finding not what we are looking for.

If searchengine start supporting the excat keyword name by displaying them on top page or anything similar to that. It will help everyone, Ya may be it should be a parked domain, rather it should be an informative site. so that people could find excatly what they are looking for.

Thats my way of thinking, I may be wrong. but still i feel The Excat keyword domain should get its value.
Exact keywords used to ....... back in the 1990's, but G and Y changed all that. If you had a one word .com domain in 1998 that matched the search you were virtually guaranteed first spot on Google.

premiumdomainrentals said:
Bill Gates Quote ::
" Domain Names will direct internet traffic in the future ". whether you are in china , usa , or australia.

(thus ~ domain names with high Keyword Count Arrangements will be the best commodity for years to come)

whether bill gates is right or wrong ~ thats your gamble in the years to come.

He has been right on everything thus far.
Bill Gates totally missed the Internet revolution back in 1995 and 1996.....he is not always right. He publicly blew the Net off in speeches he made. It was not until 1997 he realized he screwed up and told the world that the Net would now be Mircosoft's focus.

Also, on another note, if you take most any high-quality .com and look at the traffic trends for the last five years you will see that direct navigation is falling year over year. Count on it......I have thousands and have seen it first hand. :]

•••
yep... you are right..

Even Bill Gates can't be good at everything.......

lol

Good Luck !

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
1 to 3 can be as little as five uniques a day on average.

The $15 a day is one that has to do with pay day loans...... is totally generic with, so far, 100% pure direct navigation traffic of about eight uniques a day.

I have not bought a domain from a domainer in about eight years.

This domain was an expired domain won on TDNAM and the other bidder dropped out, and I only seemed to have one bidder going against me. It was a total oversight by other domainers I assume b/c it had a number in it and other domainers must have thought nobody would use a number to do a search that way.

Nice to know.

•••
we can earn a small amount initially from parking domain names.

•••
wow....one domain name earns 15 USD perday???
goodness....:D
while I am forced to be happy with at most 10-15 USD per year for each domain name that I have, a lot of people outthere make at least 200 USD per year for each of their domain name, some even make like 100x more.

•••
metronome said:
wow....one domain name earns 15 USD perday???
goodness....:D
while I am forced to be happy with at most 10-15 USD per year for each domain name that I have, a lot of people outthere make at least 200 USD per year for each of their domain name, some even make like 100x more.

Maybe a number of people post here that they make that much, but there are way more people in the situation like you mention, just trying and not making back the reg fee.
It is just not very interesting to post that you make 0-7 dolllar a year with most domains.
My guess is that you and I are part of the "silent majority".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back