NameSilo

Did you really make money from parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I parked 20+ domains for a week, only 6 views, and 0 click :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2 weeks, they are typos

•••
i guess only the people with good generic domains can earn Year after Year from parking

•••
•••
if they have chinese traffic then park it all here
http://namerich.com/
im assuming it since it's in .cn

•••
I was making good money from parking, until Google decided to drop my domains from the search rankings. Now, I'm making peanuts.

•••
google has a good rep of doing that to parked pages.

PowerUp said:
I was making good money from parking, until Google decided to drop my domains from the search rankings. Now, I'm making peanuts.

•••
PowerUp said:
Google decided to drop my domains from the search rankings
Hardly surprising :gl:

•••
l2ride55 said:
Usually parking only works after a site was developed prior....

Hand regging a domain and parking it is a losing proposition unless it's some kind of typo.

How long have you had the domains?

L2
Man..... heck no....... I have specifically targeted domains over the last three years that have never been developed at all, not even once,....... and meet the criteria of pure generic domains and that is where my gold has been found. I never buy expired traffic.... one day that will be gone...... generics are forever. If you can find generic domains, that have never been dev. out, and have traffic..... then you just found pure gold. You will then know that the traffic will always be there b/c it is generic intent direct navigation traffic......the most valuable traffic there is..... that has never been influenced by outside factors to have higher traffic numbers.

Basically if you buy like this you will not lose traffic in the future and save a bunch of cash speculating on traffic that may or may not have long term potential.

I still find them daily...... I just found one that I paid $80 for and it pumps out about $15 a day. I admit, however, it's hard to find 'em that good, but $1 to $3 a day is not uncommon.

You can still find hand regs......but it is so much harder these days. The good hand regs are now in foreign languages that have not been worked over, also don't forget English Indian hand regs of the .in and .co.in.

•••
Seabass said:
Man..... heck no....... I have specifically targeted domains over the last three years that have never been developed at all, not even once,....... and meet the criteria of pure generic domains and that is where my gold has been found. I never buy expired traffic.... one day that will be gone...... generics are forever. If you can find generic domains, that have never been dev. out, and have traffic..... then you just found pure gold. You will then know that the traffic will always be there b/c it is generic intent direct navigation traffic......the most valuable traffic there is..... that has never been influenced by outside factors to have higher traffic numbers.

Basically if you buy like this you will not lose traffic in the future and save a bunch of cash speculating on traffic that may or may not have long term potential.

I still find them daily...... I just found one that I paid $80 for and it pumps out about $15 a day. I admit, however, it's hard to find 'em that good, but $1 to $3 a day is not uncommon.

You can still find hand regs......but it is so much harder these days. The good hand regs are now in foreign languages that have not been worked over, also don't forget English Indian hand regs of the .in and .co.in.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it any better myself. :hehe:

•••
Seabass said:

But i've always asked myself... How can you find such domains?
Do you have a method or you use your experience?

•••
donnied79 said:
But i've always asked myself... How can you find such domains?
Do you have a method or you use your experience?

Everyone has their own method. You need experience to be able to seperate the good from the bad. There has to be a lot of trial and error involved. Not every name will be a winner. Try to learn from your winners and losers and try to figure out what is working and what is not.

•••
generic domains

what is generic domains ?
Could you please give me an example? Thanks.

•••
.com
.net
.org
.biz
.info
.mobi
- those are generic domain extensions.

•••
something commonly or wide known by people.

chnet said:

•••
I used to do pretty good until Google and Yahoo took it upon themselves to change the parking/arbitrage field to the negative.

Nowadays, you either aim for Generics, mostly .com if in English, or .co.uk if applicable. Also an option, foreign language domains with their country extension.
German + .de (.at), Spanish + .es, etc. you get the gist. :)

Other than that,...it's all in development or well done mini sites with affiliate income + PPC ads.

M.

•••
Seabass said:
Man.....

What's the daily traffic to produce $1 to $3 a day?
And what's the daily traffic to produce $15 a day?

•••
weblord said:
something commonly or wide known by people.
do you mean
man.com
----
man.net
man.org
people.com
woman.com
boy.com
----
are generic domains?

and
---
mna.com
mann.com
----
are typos?

•••
chnet said:
do you mean
man.com
----
man.net
man.org
people.com
woman.com
boy.com
----
are generic domains?

and
---
mna.com
mann.com
----
are typos?

You've got it.

•••
Seabass said:
I still find them daily...... I just found one that I paid $80 for and it pumps out about $15 a day.

If you paid $80 that must be aftermarket, so who?? sold a domain thats generating $15 a day for $80? :)

I wish I knew where to find such sellers...

•••
chnet said:

How generic a name is depends upon how unbranded it is.

Example: Cola.com - a generic name; Pepsi.com - a NON-generic name.

This is important because generic names are somewhat protected from TM and ICANN disputes.

•••
PowerUp said:
What's the daily traffic to produce $1 to $3 a day?
And what's the daily traffic to produce $15 a day?
1 to 3 can be as little as five uniques a day on average.

The $15 a day is one that has to do with pay day loans...... is totally generic with, so far, 100% pure direct navigation traffic of about eight uniques a day.

ssamriga said:
If you paid $80 that must be aftermarket, so who?? sold a domain thats generating $15 a day for $80? :)

I wish I knew where to find such sellers...
I have not bought a domain from a domainer in about eight years.

This domain was an expired domain won on TDNAM and the other bidder dropped out, and I only seemed to have one bidder going against me. It was a total oversight by other domainers I assume b/c it had a number in it and other domainers must have thought nobody would use a number to do a search that way.

Last edited:
•••
Seabass said:
I have not bought a domain from a domainer in about eight years.

Do you search for names you know will be good and approach people, or do you only focus on names in the aftermarket?

I've got a pretty good idea how to tell if name will have traffic by looking at search volume and wordtracker ect. (no experience, but I understand how it works.) Where I don't have a clue is how to tell what that traffic is worth.

8 uv per day is getting you $15 a day? That seems like a pretty good epc to gamble on.

•••
Seabass said:
1 to 3 can be as little as five uniques a day on average.

The $15 a day is one that has to do with pay day loans...... is totally generic with, so far, 100% pure direct navigation traffic of about eight uniques a day.

I see. I use a filter that filters out domains getting below 1000 visitors a month. Maybe I should change my strategy and ready the names 1 by 1 instead of using a software to filter them out. But if I do this, it just takes too much time, especially so much junk at TDNam.

•••
blaknite said:
Do you search for names you know will be good and approach people, or do you only focus on names in the aftermarket?

I've got a pretty good idea how to tell if name will have traffic by looking at search volume and wordtracker ect. (no experience, but I understand how it works.) Where I don't have a clue is how to tell what that traffic is worth.

8 uv per day is getting you $15 a day? That seems like a pretty good epc to gamble on.
Blaknite, I buy directly from owners and search the aftermarket.

I don't use Wordtracker. I used the Google keyword tool to check bids and other stats they give.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

After you enter this tool:

Decheck "Use Synonyms"

Then check "Don't show ideas for new keywords. I only want to see data about the keywords I entered."

Enter the keywords you want to search, type in the letter code and hit search. After you do that there are some other options.

One of the options is a picklist that says "Choose columns to display:" Click that and then chose the options that says "Show All"

Next, from the "Match Type:" chose "exact".

You should now see a set of stats running left-right that gives you the Estimated Average CPC, hottest month for that keyword, search trends, advertiser competition levels.

You can use all those to get a feel of the market..... the click price and the depth of advertisers are the two most important to focus on. From there you just use all your other tools to cross check you domain to see if you can find any weaknesses. If all looks good then maybe it the domain is a buy.

The more you use the tool..... the easier it is to guess what a domain will do after you buy it. However, we all still make mistakes sometimes.... even still. :]

PowerUp said:
I see. I use a filter that filters out domains getting below 1000 visitors a month. Maybe I should change my strategy and ready the names 1 by 1 instead of using a software to filter them out. But if I do this, it just takes too much time, especially so much junk at TDNam.
Yes.... it is a ton of work. I think the rewards are better though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back