Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Did BrandRoot Get Hacked?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Billy Wagner

SurplusFinder.comTop Member
Impact
528
Has anyone else just received a ton of emails from BrandRoot? I just got over 30 emails stating my account was closed, but the emails also reference other users accounts. Am I the only person who received emails like this?
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I got those emails too. Even include accounts that weren't mine.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I got those emails too. Even includes accounts that wasn't mine.

Seems like someone hacked BrandRoot. Regardless, I have tons of new emails to add to my leads list! lol Just kidding. Sort of.
 
3
•••
Hi,

Just received around 100 emails from Brandroot:

cdfw3CZ.png


The emails contain usernames and email ids of users (mine and others) . So now I know the email ids of other user and they know mine. As I am writing this more emails are coming in.

Just amazed at the level of the bug
 
1
•••
That can't be good...
 
1
•••
dsdssdsd.PNG


I was asked to verify my account via link. I mistakenly entered my username and password in the same window, not thinking it could have been related to a hack.

tumblr_mhtreynHv21ro8ysbo1_500.gif

upload_2016-5-24_17-46-50.png


Potentially sensitive information has been leaked:

Username:
Name:
Email Address:
 
1
•••
I am getting more angry by the minute , a lot of people now know the username I use on non public platforms
 
0
•••
I've tried to log into my account and I can't. I get the following message below:

"Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. - See more at: https://www.brandroot.com/login#sthash.nF4d3xQF.dpuf"

Anyone else having the same issue?
 
1
•••
phishing
 
0
•••
0
•••
This happened to me and 14 other users on 23-SEP-2015. Everyone on the public list could see everyone else's email details.

I expressed my concern regarding the fact that my account details were made public and also my disbelief that Brandroot cannot organise a simple BCC mailing list. They did not reply to my complaint.

I have since withdrawn all my names and never used Brandroot again. I'm saddened, but not surprised, that their complacency continues...
 
1
•••

Can you confirm this? Or were you saying it would be called a phishing attack if this was a hack designed to get me to enter my info?

I copied the domain from the email, [email protected], and tested it for an IDN. How can I test this further to determine if it was a phishing attack?
 
0
•••
Last edited:
0
•••
I got 65 of these emails.
 
0
•••
Soooooo hacked.
 
0
•••
I just received an unbelievable number of emails from Brandroot...
 
0
•••
0
•••
They should just close the service if they cannot provide data security
 
3
•••
Soooooo hacked. Obviously. All my info is available on Whois, but still not good.
 
0
•••
Very sorry everybody! Looks like our email system had a bit of breakdown. For the privacy of the other individuals please delete these emails. The problem will be resolved today. You should not be receiving any more emails. I don't believe any existing accounts are affected. Let me know if you are unable to login if you already have an account with us.
 
2
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back