Domain Empire

Did anyone register .website domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Did anyone register '.website' domains? The general availability started today.

I feel out of all the new gtld's this is very generic!! At least, that's my opinion. :)

It's from Radix Registry the one's who also offer .site .online & the most anticipated .web extension - all yet to be released.

I grabbed 2 domains -
ForexTrading.website
SportsBetting.website

Thought they suited the generic extension well :roll:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just do not think .website makes much sense. It's just redundant. Of course it's a website, it's a domain extension. It would be like going into a store that only sold blue jeans, and seeing signs above each aisle that read "blue jeans". Use the extension to enhance your domain, not restate the obvious.

•••
Save your money for .press since everyone uses Word.Press and it distinguishes you between a .website and a WordPress site. :lookaround:

•••
Save your money for .press since everyone uses Word.Press and it distinguishes you between a .website and a WordPress site. :lookaround:

Hmmm, I might try to reserve Apple.Press. That should be fun.

61ASa035x7L._SL1500_.jpg

•••
•••
•••
No. Waiting for .WEB extension

•••
•••
Of course investment.
You're a mod now here at NP? Congrats.

•••
.Web is more reasonable than .website, shorter, and more universal.
(even if i can't see high value in .web too ).

•••
.Web is more reasonable than .website, shorter, and more universal.
(even if i can't see high value in .web too ).
"website" - is a great keyword, great extension, better than .xyz, .guru, .link, .email, .today, .wtf.

•••
•••
•••
Good use of Google Trends, but we can't use this numbers. If you will present this to investor, they will not be please.
Anyway, thank you.

•••
•••
yup I got CreditReport.Website

•••
It's a long extension, seven characters, SEVEN.
It's too long, and since .web will be released next year i can't see a reason for any .website registering.

Yes, domains like "making.website" or extremely strong keywords like "photo.website" can have some kind of value, but considering they're gonna be released as premium by the registrar and available for unreasonable high amounts, i can't really see a market for this extension.
And this applies for almost all the new generic extensions.

Between all those new gTLDs i think .web is the ONLY one with some kind of sense.
But even in it, i can't see a real market. It just has some sense, and the term "web" is known by everyone and not related to spiders anymore, so it can easily be connected to internet or to a website.
It's short, extremely memorable, strictly related. It has all the characteristics a domain extension should have.

But still invest in .web will be a gambling even if it looks like a good extension.

•••
It's a long extension, seven characters, SEVEN.
It's too long, and since .web will be released next year i can't see a reason for any .website registering.
The same issue exists with other delegated extensions like .PICTURES and .PICS. They are directly competing against each other. I think this is downright criminal on Icann's part.
They also shot down Bulgaria's IDN .бг because it could be confused with Brazil's ccTLD (.br). But have you seen the kind of nonsense they approve ?

Anyway, .website is pointless like the other TLDs. If you are going to a site, then it's redundant and does not bring any additional info like location/nationality (ccTLD) or categorization (.com .org .int etc). And when used with E-mail addresses it sounds odd. Do we need to send our correspondence to .email addresses perhaps ?

I feel very sorry for the victims of Icann and their shareholders :xf.frown:

•••
•••
It's the .name of generic extensions.

George.name - what? George is a name? I would have never known George was a name without that extension

Gold.website - what? You're telling me if you go to a url, I will find a website? I didn't know that all this time until .website came out, makes things much easier

•••
•••
I am annoyed with Godaddy and other registrars for jacking up registration prices. I was getting ready to buy a .website and the price at the time went from $14.99 to $399.99 during the checkout process and today it's $499.99. I am surprised that no one really talks about it, because I am sure others have experienced this too. Are the registries playing a role in this to pay for their extensions or is it all profit to the registrars? The registration prices have gone even beyond what the aftermarket would hope to get from end-users, so it seems like a mission to fail.

Last edited:
•••
I have my eye on a domain name as well, which costs $499.

I think if you look at the Google search volume, a lot of website domain names could have some value, even very long names.

Last edited:
•••
I got PaydayLoans.website,onlinekredite.website and Lucrative.website.
I recent read a very interesting article about search engine fair play with the new gTLDs.It was about 3CaratDiamonds.com and 3Carat.Diamonds.
On the .com versus .diamonds test, Globe Runner found that when it came to ad impressions, .diamonds was a clear winner, and even showed more clicks, but still a lower click-through rate (CTR) than .com:

•••
I can't believe that this is a reoccurring discussion, over, and over, and over again...

It's almost insanity...

•••
I just registered
multi.website
probably worthless but only $15 at GD so w/e

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back