Domain Empire

Did anyone register .website domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Did anyone register '.website' domains? The general availability started today.

I feel out of all the new gtld's this is very generic!! At least, that's my opinion. :)

It's from Radix Registry the one's who also offer .site .online & the most anticipated .web extension - all yet to be released.

I grabbed 2 domains -
ForexTrading.website
SportsBetting.website

Thought they suited the generic extension well :roll:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whilst i have nothing against the new gtlds i do feel they all help .com due to the fact even ten years from now there will still so many misses when typing in names, they only way for these to succeed is to be developed and ranked because type ins will soon dry up. Plus add the fact that the numbskulls are the registries hold back the obvious names, people will just revert to .com. Only a some extensions will make the changeover successfully .song .music .sony .canon .google .bmw .nyc .london .berlin .shop .app This is because there is most likely to be content …… happy, joe public hasn't wasted his time

•••
To develop ?

I got the email...one free .webcam, so I thought...why not?
It's in a particular niche that I'm well acquainted, and can see developing for my own business.

•••
It's in a particular niche that I'm well acquainted, and can see developing for my own business.

That's the way they are going to get value …. developing, good luck !

•••
I had few .website on my list, but all we're registered immediately, so I wait next extensions.

•••
Reged one as a redirect to my business site, not really a fan. I like .link better than website, JMO.

•••
How i can get free .website domain?

•••
It does seem like all these extensions will gradually educate the public about the fact domains don't have to end with .com. I would think that in 10-15 years some fraction of the general public will notice.
But the new extensions are not 'new'. They have been around for nearly 15 years actually.
Awareness among the public will not happen unless those names get used and advertised often enough. Especially they need traction from prominent end users. Otherwise, they will not be deemed credible for serious projects.

Now, just because people know that they can register .whatever, doesn't mean they will want one.
Acceptance is not adoption yet.

See you in 15 years.

•••
One extension needs to dominate the market (per primary economy), all the other hangers-on will be outliers.

See you in 15 years still clinging to hopes and unrealistic expectations.

•••
How i can get free .website domain?

Sadly from what I hear they reached their quota. Here;s the info...one can always try!
AlpNames.com, coupon: NEWSGTLDS100

•••
Sadly from what I hear they reached their quota. Here;s the info...one can always try!
AlpNames.com, coupon: NEWSGTLDS100
Pre-Register?
something wrong..
dfsdfsdf.png

•••
I just bought a domain through Namecheap for ~$8

•••
Unless you backordered Build.website or Free.Website, I wouldn't bother.

All good single words are reserved. "createa.website" and "builda.website" are available for 5k on GoDaddy.

•••
I had a back ordered name refunded at Dynadot as owner renewed so did actually take a huge plunge in to the .website waters.

Webseite.website

Gurus.website

Tees.website ( Basic site already live))

Last edited:
•••
Sorry listed for sale

Last edited:
•••
del

Last edited:
•••
Am I crazy? :-,

Borderline.

People have given you advice over and over about names you reg and you keep going against the grain... Even if you got these for cheap (like free to low $), are you going to renew them until there is an aftermarket for .website (as next year there is likely going to be a renewal fee and don't expect a coupon code)? Are you going to pursue your .website sales or wait for someone to come to you? If you answered yes to either of those scenarios, you're not going to make a sale anyway (at least anytime soon). :xf.wink:

The best advice I can give you is save your $ (let's say $5) per name that you're willing to pay for a new gTLD, multiply that by 200 and divide over a maximum of 4 names. That is the price you should put in as pre-registrations on gTLD's with a category killer keyword/phrases to enhance your odds at future sales. O.o

•••
Nope didn't register any.

•••
I did register mobilephones.website and personals.website

•••
Best advice I have read regarding how to invest in the new gTLD's. Most of you lot should listen to what David is saying. It's beyond me how many poor combinations of the new gTLD's you can spot around here.

•••
•••
hah, good one

I remember when they tried to brand that, as short meaning for website

:)

How about .pw for Professional Web(site)? Now we have .ws, .pw, .website, .web, .webpage, .blog, x100 :-/

•••
•••
choose * website

Couldn't pass it up..

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back