Dynadot

Dan.com stole my $

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Dan.com accepted the $ for the domain they knew they did not have. I have proof they didn't have that domain and accepted money anyway. They refunded $4,000 short for the name. They are breaking the law by not keeping your $ in secure escrow account. Instead they returned $4,000 less from different BANK, different COUNTRY, and shorted me $4,000.
I demand they return the $ I paid for the name. They held the $ for 1 week!!! and returned $4,000 short.
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have been doing business with DAN since 4 years. I dont think they would cheat you in anyway. Please contact their support about your issue.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear this. Contact support immediately.

•••
•••
I will post screen shots and proof.

giphy.gif

•••
I've been using Dan.com for a few months now. Unfortunately they let users list domains for sale without strong ownership verification (Sedo, for examples, uses DNS verification). This often leads to transactions being canceled because of sellers not owning the domain, I found myself as the buyer in such transactions a few times, but they have always refunded the full amount.

•••
•••
I sent an offer to dan.com. It was ACCEPTED!. I sent the money and they already knew the name was not available.
They accepted money. Refused to return it for 1week. Then shorted me $4,000 usd. They used 2 different banks from 2 different companies and countries. Your money is NOT safe in their escrow. They using the funds which were paid for the name they DO NOT have. They refusing to answer why they shorted me $4,000 USD.
They doing money laundering between banks and different countries. You money is not safe with them.
You are supposed to return SAME AMOUNT, FROM SAME ACCOUNT you GOT PAID.

•••
I sent an offer to dan.com. It was ACCEPTED!. I sent the money and they already knew the name was not available.
They accepted money. Refused to return it for 1week. Then shorted me $4,000 usd. They used 2 different banks from 2 different companies and countries. Your money is NOT safe in their escrow. They using the funds which were paid for the name they DO NOT have. They refusing to answer why they shorted me $4,000 USD.
They doing money laundering between banks and different countries. You money is not safe with them.
You are supposed to return SAME AMOUNT, FROM SAME ACCOUNT you GOT PAID.
Did you wire? I used credit cards on Dan transactions always

Last edited:
•••
Stolen money, money laundering, and fraud are quite serious allegations.

More details please...

A payment provider clearly can't cancel a transaction and not refund the full amount, especially when the item you purchased was not even available in the first place.

The buyer need needs to be made whole, which requires a full, complete refund of everything they are out.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I sent an offer for domain tomato.com. The offer was accepted.
I paid around $58,000 USD for it. They informed me name was not available while money was processing.
They could of rejected the wire payment. They accepted and refused to return the $ for 6 days. They were waiting for exchange rate to change. They supposed to KEEP MONEY SAFE IN ESCROW account and RETURN IT.
Instead they used different bank ILLEGALLY so they can cheat me on rate
I got back $54,000 usd from different bank, from different country, from different company.
Since I paid 49,500 in euros, they waited for the worst possible rate to cheat me for $4,000 usd in exchange.
Thats why they used different bank and waited so long to return the funds. Their scam is using different banks, waiting for worst possible exchange rate so they can cheat me for $4000 usd.
Obviously they knew name was not available, they didn't return money right away. They used different bank for UNKNOWN reason. They basically keep your $ until the rate exchange changes in their favor to cheat. you.
I didn't get the name. I should get full amount I paid right away. This is clearly a scam.

•••
They failed to provide the name and shorted me $4,000 usd waiting for rate to change. This is clearly scam and fraud.

•••
I sent an offer for domain tomato.com. The offer was accepted.
I paid around $58,000 USD for it. They informed me name was not available while money was processing.
They could of rejected the wire payment. They accepted and refused to return the $ for 6 days. They were waiting for exchange rate to change. They supposed to KEEP MONEY SAFE IN ESCROW account and RETURN IT.
Instead they used different bank ILLEGALLY so they can cheat me on rate
I got back $54,000 usd from different bank, from different country, from different company.
Since I paid 49,500 in euros, they waited for the worst possible rate to cheat me for $4,000 usd in exchange.
Thats why they used different bank and waited so long to return the funds. Their scam is using different banks, waiting for worst possible exchange rate so they can cheat me for $4000 usd.
Obviously they knew name was not available, they didn't return money right away. They used different bank for UNKNOWN reason. They basically keep your $ until the rate exchange changes in their favor to cheat. you.
I didn't get the name. I should get full amount I paid right away. This is clearly a scam.
Yeah, it is not right to use a future exchange rate to process a refund.
You should be refunded at the original exchange rate that you paid, otherwise this type of thing can happen.

Purchasing a domain that is not available is bad enough, but also taking a multi-thousand dollar loss is not acceptable.

Have you contacted their support to see what they say?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yes they should refund the original exchange rate, The amount I paid.
They refuse to refund me the 4,000.usd. I contacted them today and yesterday.
I was hounding them all week to return my $.

•••
They failed to provide the domain. I should not take the loss on the exchange rate they play with.
They chose worst possible day to return the $ by exchange rate. Today I would of got $56K instead of $54K
They play with rate to cheat me out of money.

•••
They basically sell you AIR, then use different bank to get worst rate possible day to cheat you on as much money as possible. I should get back same amount I paid with same rate.

•••
They failed to provide the domain. I should not take the loss on the exchange rate they play with.
They chose worst possible day to return the $ by exchange rate. Today I would of got $56K instead of $54K
They play with rate to cheat me out of money.
There is no way you should take any loss when you purchased something that was not actually available. If you are refunded less, due to exchange rates that is an issue with their system.

You should simply be refunded at the same exchange rate when you submitted payment.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Dan needs verification process similar to sedo. Drop listing, meta dot com other day. Just want honesty. A bit off topic but only names people own, should be listed on Dan.
Sorry for your huge loss, i think dan will fix this if u play nice

•••
I lost $, they gained Money by selling air and cheating on rates.

•••
@ksusha64 The situation won't change because you become more animated. Claiming their laundering money for using a different bank is silly on your behalf.

Using multiple banks is what you do in treasury when managing multiple currencies etc.

This is not Dans first rodeo, calm yourself down and start again tomorrow.

•••
They stole $ from me. They are supposed to keep $ safe in escrow account, not laundering it world wide between banks.

•••
@ksusha64 The situation won't change because you become more animated. Claiming their laundering money for using a different bank is silly on your behalf.

Using multiple banks is what you do in treasury when managing multiple currencies etc.

This is not Dans first rodeo, calm yourself down and start again tomorrow.
What you saying is complete nonsense. They are supposed to keep money safe that people pay for particular domains.

•••
I would be pretty pissed off in the same situation. If I submitted payment for a domain that was not actually available, then took a multi-thousand dollar loss while getting a refund.

If this is the case it is an issue with the Dan.com system. You should not be taking losses on refunds.
Any exchange rate should be locked in at the time of payment, not at the time of refund.

Brad

•••
Based on all the loose allegations. I doubt this muppet is telling this truth.

Everybody has paid for a name that wasn't available. He's been doing this 2014. The start a thread in this nature and cry wolf. What is he 10yrs old
I use Dan.com and have had some issues with buying unavailable domains, but all have been refunded correctly and they were also not in this price range.

I doubt this is some intentional thing, but probably more the system design. I would like Dan.com to respond and clarify the situation though.

Any over the top allegations aside, you should not get less back than you paid in the first place. If that is the case, it is just not reasonable IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I use Dan.com and have had some issues with buying unavailable domains, but all have been refunded correctly and they were also not in this price range.

I doubt this is some intentional thing, but probably more the system design. I would like Dan.com to respond and clarify the situation though.

Any over the top allegations aside, you should not get less back than you paid in the first place. If that is the case, it is just not reasonable IMO.

Brad
Mistakes happen. That's the probable cause. As I said, who hasn't paid for a name that isn't available? is that even a thread worthy at any point in time.

Besides, Let this fool dig himself a further hole.

I'm sure there is a lawyer waiting to tear him a new one for his schoolboy attempts at defamation :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back