IT.COM

Dan.com stole my $

NameSilo
Watch

ksusha64

Top Member
Impact
Dan.com accepted the $ for the domain they knew they did not have. I have proof they didn't have that domain and accepted money anyway. They refunded $4,000 short for the name. They are breaking the law by not keeping your $ in secure escrow account. Instead they returned $4,000 less from different BANK, different COUNTRY, and shorted me $4,000.
I demand they return the $ I paid for the name. They held the $ for 1 week!!! and returned $4,000 short.
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lets say if you paid 1,000 in euros, shouldn't you get back 1,000 euros? Where are they messing up?

•••
Lets say if you paid 1,000 in euros, shouldn't you get back 1,000 euros? Where are they messing up?
If the price was in dollars. Dan probably sent back the Money in dollars. OPs bank could of charged a currency fee to swap back. Many things at play could of happened.

One thing is for certain, The OP delusional - i wouldn't trust him as far as i can spit

Last edited:
•••
•••
I posting this so other people don't get cheated for $ the same way I did. I am also posting this to get my $ back.

•••
Dan.com is a great company, honest and hard working.

•••
I posting this so other people don't get cheated for $ the same way I did. I am also posting this to get my $ back.
Get money back? You accused them of money laundering, you made a post on namepros a high ranking site in Google and you destroyed an honest group of people. Consider yourself lucky if they don't retain a serious legal team to go after you. I know I would and in the courts people like you get destroyed financially. They are pure saints if they don't go after you. How dare you accuse a company of money laundering? WTF is wrong with you?

•••
They stole $4,000 usd from me. They owe me money.

•••
They used different bank to return the money with different country and company name. Thats laundering money definition.

•••
Dan.com does not keep money in safe escrow account to return, it.

•••
If you return the money same day. If you wait for rate to change where the amount is much lower on purpose you stealing money.

•••
Dan.com should return the same money I sent them with same rate, not to wait to cheat me on worst possible rate. I got no name and got shorted $4,000 usd.

•••
They keep $ for a week, accept payment knowing they don't have the name. Cheating on rate, paying from different bank account from different country. Thats definition of fraud and money laundering.

•••
Calm down a little ... I understand your anger but this is not the right way if your goal is to get the money back.

explain the situation to dan and talk privately with them.

Since I have been selling domains there I have never had any unsolved problems, I also think it is one of the best marketplaces at the moment thanks to their hard work.

Last edited:
•••
They sent money back from different company. Thats money laundering definition.

•••
They sent money back from different company. Thats money laundering definition.
I hope they make a example of you. You've made your bed

Last edited:
•••
Dan. selling imaginary inventory, taking your money, keeping your money then returning less money. Using multiple banks world wide with different companies.
Definition of legit business practice. LOL

Last edited:
•••
Dan. cycles money through different BANKs and DIFFERENT companies.
Instead of been held in escrow account.

•••
Returning less money for item not delivered is not legitimate business practice.

•••
I am not supposed to lose any $ on transaction where I didn't get the domain. Period

•••
What are ICANN rules for buying domains for registrars? Is the money supposed to be in escr
giphy.gif
@jberryhill . Do you know if ICANN has any rules to the way payments for domains should be handled?
Should they be kept in separate escrow account? Can it be transferred to another company and used between different companies and banks?

•••
I am not supposed to lose any $ on transaction where I didn't get the domain. Period
Calm down, there's probably a reasonable solution and outcome if you contact them directly.

•••
Based on all the loose allegations. I doubt this muppet is telling this truth.

Everybody has paid for a name that wasn't available. He's been doing this since 2014. The start a thread in this nature and cry wolf. What is he 10yrs old

Ksusha is real

I represented him or her in a domain deal for xoq.com in 2016, and we sold the name for him or her ... no problems

That was when I brokered domains

~

This story though, idk, I have used DAN successfully for a few years now ! Great company, integrity, and have always been honest w/ me

I haven’t heard any bad stories about them ...

Ksusha if you are reading this, just be patient and I’m sure DAN will resolve this matter for you

•••
Mods have to delete this post too. But when we start calling people fucking dummies on here, thats little much.
Buyer should have got same amount money back.
Due dilligence may have avoided this.
What OP has said about Dan, their account probably be closed.
There is no company more honest than dan, unfortunate people have found way to exploit their system.
Way to much negative aura here, this contreversial thread is another nail in the cöffin. Thread should be deleted
You are one fucking dummy

•••
Dan.com is complete scam. They refusing to deal with details. I will post screen shots and proof.

The definitions of "complete" and "scam" clearly elude you.

Regarding those screenshots as alleged proof, are you drawing them or what? I mean, it takes a few seconds to take a screenshot.

That being said, Dan can make mistakes. Any company can make mistakes. I have no doubt they will fix this if an error has indeed been made.

•••
shorted me $4,000.
You are right to be upset but I don't think Dan knowingly tried to short you. FX fees on most international banks are very high and that's probably the source of this. Since they couldn't deliver the name to you though, I agree that they should take the loss from the FX fees and not you.

It would help if you described exactly what you paid, in what currency, the currency of the sale, and the currency they returned your money in.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back