Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@domainchampion As a buyer, can you see the seller's ip address when you mouse over the flag?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Laszlo is out on leave at the moment, so tag @DAN.COM for support, questions or feedback!

I've been having trouble logging in to DAN recently. It's taking much longer than usual.

Also, the Domains for sale count in the dashboard doesn't update instantly when I add or delete domains as it used to be.
We've been working hard on performance updates recently, so you should see things getting quicker. If you continue to have issues, please reach out.

@LaszloSchenk Just would like to clarify a point about the new commission structure and how it depends on nameserver settings of a domain.

If a domain is pointed to one of the Godaddy platforms, for example ns1.dan.com ns2.dan.com commission on sale is 15%. Anyone can see those nameservers in the WHOIS record at time of sale.

But what if a domain is using an A record to point to a Godaddy platform landing page? Looking at the domain's WHOIS you probably see the domain registrar's own nameservers. So if a domain using A records to point to a Dan.com landing page sells there, is commission 15% or the 25% charged if nameservers are not pointed to a Godaddy platform?

And if that same domain sells via Afternic, is commission then 15% or 25%?

The commission rates and conditions are here: https://news.dan.com/221733-dan-and-godaddy-aftermarket-commission-alignment
Only domain names using these nameservers are eligible for the 15% commission rate:
  • afternic.com
  • smartname.com
  • uniregistrymarket.link
  • dan.com
  • undeveloped.com
  • internettraffic.com
  • cashparking.com
Therefore, A Record redirects would not be eligible.

•••
Does DAN offer any type widgets that can be placed on websites? For example a small box that shows domain for sale with buy it now or offer form. Thanks @LaszloSchenk

•••
Does DAN offer any type widgets that can be placed on websites? For example a small box that shows domain for sale with buy it now or offer form. Thanks @LaszloSchenk
We don't offer widgets but some domain investors link to their Dan.com listing from their landing page. Other than that, we would suggest using our landing page :)

•••
Is there any ETA on how long it typically takes for a KYC verification to happen after the documents have been sent in? Does [email protected] typically acknowledge once a submission has been received? I sent in my documents about a week ago, and with such sensitive data it's nice to know that it's been received safe and sound and is being processed.

Also, are BTC payouts still down?

@DAN.COM Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
I had enabled Dan & Afternic integration for my domains listed in DAN earlier..Now I disabled this integration and I still see all my domains listed in Afternic..

It was automatic deletion of domains from afternic earlier when we disable the integration..Evenif we try one domain also,it was instant deletion from afternic

Now the result is all my domains still listed in Afternic without integration and i could not add my domains in my own afternic username account..

Anybody having same issue?

@DAN.COM ,please look into this issue if it is a technical problem..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello @DAN.COM

A few suggestions here, please.

In the preferred payout method, can we have an option for payment profiles under Bank Transfer? Instead of a single Bank account detail for a wire transfer to one account, why not create a feature for us to have like 5 payment profiles where one can enter other account details?

For instance,
  1. Profile1 - a dollar account for a bank domiciled in my country.
  2. Profile2 - another dollar account domiciled in the US or another country.
  3. Profile3 - a pound account.
  4. Profile4 - a Euro account.
  5. Profile5 - unassigned.
Then, an additional column can be added in the Sale tab under the "For sale" option in "My domains". This column, "Payout", can come after "Currency". This gives us the power to choose for specific domains which payout profile or options we want. For instance, for sales below a thousand dollars one can choose Profile1. Sales of six figures, Profile2, etc, depending on the choice of the domainer. Choosing such payout options should already be added to the workflow of the payout process. And of course, we can name each profile created.

I trust you understand what I am trying to convey here. Kindly give this some consideration.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you.

•••
I had enabled Dan & Afternic integration for my domains listed in DAN earlier..Now I disabled this integration and I still see all my domains listed in Afternic..

It was automatic deletion of domains from afternic earlier when we disable the integration..Evenif we try one domain also,it was instant deletion from afternic

Now the result is all my domains still listed in Afternic without integration and i could not add my domains in my own afternic username account..

Anybody having same issue?

@DAN.COM ,please look into this issue if it is a technical problem..
We are going to send you a DM for more information.

Domain Portfolio error (https://dan.com/users/portfolio)

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: overflow
This should be fixed, but if you're still seeing this, can you send us a DM?

Hello @DAN.COM

A few suggestions here, please.

In the preferred payout method, can we have an option for payment profiles under Bank Transfer? Instead of a single Bank account detail for a wire transfer to one account, why not create a feature for us to have like 5 payment profiles where one can enter other account details?

For instance,
  1. Profile1 - a dollar account for a bank domiciled in my country.
  2. Profile2 - another dollar account domiciled in the US or another country.
  3. Profile3 - a pound account.
  4. Profile4 - a Euro account.
  5. Profile5 - unassigned.
Then, an additional column can be added in the Sale tab under the "For sale" option in "My domains". This column, "Payout", can come after "Currency". This gives us the power to choose for specific domains which payout profile or options we want. For instance, for sales below a thousand dollars one can choose Profile1. Sales of six figures, Profile2, etc, depending on the choice of the domainer. Choosing such payout options should already be added to the workflow of the payout process. And of course, we can name each profile created.

I trust you understand what I am trying to convey here. Kindly give this some consideration.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you.
That's a great piece of feedback. We'll forward this to our team to see whether we can add this to that page.

•••
Is there any ETA on how long it typically takes for a KYC verification to happen after the documents have been sent in? Does [email protected] typically acknowledge once a submission has been received? I sent in my documents about a week ago, and with such sensitive data it's nice to know that it's been received safe and sound and is being processed.

Also, are BTC payouts still down?

@DAN.COM Thanks!
It looks like you’ve sent your KYC documents to the Dan team when the verification is now handled directly on BitPay.

To be verified successfully, it is crucial that you upload your documents in the requested format. We often see issues with the ID document uploads, which can slow down the process.

Please read the instructions here https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us...Pay-ID-Best-Practices-for-Uploading-Documents

•••
Why is dan switching BTC to bitpay, after taking all clients documents, and making us KYC, now you want us to hand over all our sensitive data to a 3rd party provider also.

Past month we have lost IP access, country flag comes on a few inquiries, now btc pay option is leaving, if btc fees are an issue switch to ETH, but commission price is up 6%, you are taking away options, but asking us to pay more, do you understand the disconnect here, this is how good companies become not so good companies.

Now Lazlo is gone also, or on "leave" sorry. What's left by year end, 25% commission, and skeleton services? You guys are ruining a good brand, I hate to be the one saying it, but sometimes it's best to speak the truth.

Last edited:
•••
It looks like you’ve sent your KYC documents to the Dan team when the verification is now handled directly on BitPay.

Indeed, and it would have been nice to know this before sending in these documents or at least to have had any form of communication after sending them to DAN insterad of just having some of my most sensitive data sitting in a dead inbox for over a week where nobody at Dan could take 5 seconds to reach out and say "Hey, by the way, we don't do this anymore, we've off-loaded it to a 3rd party."

Dan has handled this incredibly poorly and it's disappointing.

•••
DAN is using Google analytics, tag manager, etc.. Sometimes like tonight, something goes bonkers with Google services and it completely stalls the DAN seller admin interface. Loading... loading... loading... can't navigate at all on the DAN seller admin interface. Browser is hijacked using +++cpu and memory. What's up with that DAN? @LaszloSchenk

•••
@DAN.COM @GoDaddy @LaszloSchenk
Is there any idea when will be able to list on the Afternic/Dan's MLS network through the Dan market place with Make Offers and not just Buy Now?

I can only imagine there must be tens of thousands of domains on Dan with Make Offers that are not on Afternic's MLS that could be selling on there if only Afternic allowed Make Offers on Dan to be listed just like Sedo does on their MLS.

If you put make offer on Sedo's mls it shows up on Network Solutions as a make offer.
If you put a make offer on Dan it doesn't show up at all on Network Solutions unless you put it as a buy now.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
Here are the uptime stats for May 2023 for one of my domains using DAN's landing page.

Total downtime: 14 hours, 22 minutes

DAN #1.jpg

Before GoDaddy's acquisition, the uptime used to be 99.99%.

Last edited:
•••
I know, Dan is dying for me too - I tried to access my domain listings yesterday to do some edits and all I got was a timeout.

•••
Duplicate post, please delete.

Last edited:
•••
Is everything ok with DAN's dns? All my DAN's LP not working.

•••
Mine seem to work, but there are definitely intermittent service interruptions at Dan.

•••

Last edited:
•••
If you search a key word, select max letters 12 let's say & select max price $101 (won't allow you to select $100), which as I understand it is give or take the min listing price, why is is it that all make offer & price request listings appear first in the search & seem to take priority over BIN listings !?

Surely, BIN should appear first not pages down after all the make offers & price requests, it doesn't make sense !? Why would you have price request or make offer on a domain with a min price of $101, why not just list it BIN $101/$100 ? By selecting those criteria, buyer know that's your min so that's all they're going to offer !

Last edited:
•••
Hi everyone! Is DAN.COM down?

I can't access... Bad gateway. Never happened before.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back