Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good morning,

Thank you for your message.

This often happens when too many attempts take place. Are you still experiencing the same issue?
Thanks - everything works fine again.

•••
As I understand it, only domains listed via an Afternic account are eligible for Fast Transfer status, and only ones with Fast Transfer status enabled get listed on Afternic's wider premium network of partners.

So if that is accurate, then domains only listed in a Dan account will appear as for sale when someone searches at Godaddy, but not on the wider Afternic/Godaddy network of partner registrars.

Could this be confirmed @LaszloSchenk ?
I see mine right on dynadot with my bin price. I am sure there are some kind of limitations though., ie only some registrars.

Last edited:
•••
I see mine right on dynadot with my bin price. I am sure there are some kind of limitations though., ie only some registrars.
Good morning @karmaco @carob,

@karmaco is right indeed, there are some partner integrators that work with a fast transfer option only. Those are not incorporated in the integration through Dan.

All the best,

•••

Last edited:
•••
Has DAN @LaszloSchenk ever discussed the possibility of domain auction option on the DAN platform?

•••
Has DAN @LaszloSchenk ever discussed the possibility of domain auction option on the DAN platform?
Auctions on Dan platform would be good addition. But it shouldn't become one like GD auctions. A good auction portal is really in need.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk The BTC notification takes up a lot of precious screen space on mobile. How long will it be displayed?

•••
Resolved

Last edited:
•••
I've been having trouble logging in to DAN recently. It's taking much longer than usual.

Also, the Domains for sale count in the dashboard doesn't update instantly when I add or delete domains as it used to be.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk with all the recent buy out and investing from Godaddy with DAN, I am surprised to still see saving seller domain view preference is not saved on the server side and requires the domain seller to reset their preferred view every single login session. This is real basic user-friendly user-interface 101 guys!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-04 160029.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-04 160029.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 35
•••
Got the response from support.
1683231119950.png

•••
@LaszloSchenk with all the recent buy out and investing from Godaddy with DAN, I am surprised to still see saving seller domain view preference is not saved on the server side and requires the domain seller to reset their preferred view every single login session. This is real basic user-friendly user-interface 101 guys!
I agree with this. These kinds of preferences should be saved on the server side rather than the browser's cookies.

And I believe it would be reasonable as well to disable "Afternic columns" by default for people who've chosen not to integrate/sync their portfolio with Afternic Network.

Last edited:
•••
Since BTC Payout is now suspended, have anyone switch to Wise or currently using Wise as your payout?
Can you share how to fill up the bank account field? For eg, for USD account in Wise, should we take the "inside the US" detail or "outside the US" detail? DAN support isnt very helpful.

•••
I m using Wise for DANs payouts.
I have used my eu bank credentials.
I think DAN is not supporting ACH payments, so if you use US Wise account you would have extra fees and 2-3 more days added in the payment.
EU Wise can only receive euros.
When I m having a sale in usd, DAN automatically changes usd to euro upon payment, charging no commission for that. I have cross checked with real time currency rate.
So they deposit euros in your account

Last edited:
•••
I m using Wise for DANs payouts.
I have used my eu bank credentials.
I think DAN is not supporting ACH payments, so if you use US Wise account you would have extra fees and 2-3 more days added in the payment.
EU Wise can only receive euros.
When I m having a sale in usd, DAN automatically changes usd to euro upon payment, charging no commission for that. I have cross checked with real time currency rate.
So they deposit euros in your account
For Eur account detail, you pick Inside EU or Outside EU?

•••
@LaszloSchenk Just would like to clarify a point about the new commission structure and how it depends on nameserver settings of a domain.

If a domain is pointed to one of the Godaddy platforms, for example ns1.dan.com ns2.dan.com commission on sale is 15%. Anyone can see those nameservers in the WHOIS record at time of sale.

But what if a domain is using an A record to point to a Godaddy platform landing page? Looking at the domain's WHOIS you probably see the domain registrar's own nameservers. So if a domain using A records to point to a Dan.com landing page sells there, is commission 15% or the 25% charged if nameservers are not pointed to a Godaddy platform?

And if that same domain sells via Afternic, is commission then 15% or 25%?

The commission rates and conditions are here: https://news.dan.com/221733-dan-and-godaddy-aftermarket-commission-alignment
1: 15% commission for domains sold that are pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, Uniregistry or GoDaddy Auctions; regardless of where it sells on the network or through the landers directly.

2: 25% commission for domains sold that are not pointed to nameservers at Dan, Afternic, Uniregistry or GoDaddy Auctions.

Importantly, you will still be able to import your own leads at the 5% commission rate.

The 15% commission rate for domain names pointing to Afternic, Dan or Uniregistry aftermarket nameservers includes domain sales closed through for-sale landers and sales facilitated through the domain reseller network that includes eighteen of the top twenty domain registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Noticed today if you're the seller, Dan has removed the option to download the buyer's invoice.
1683681959059.png

If you had bought a domain on Dan before, can you check if you have the option to download buyer's invoice?

•••
Noticed today if you're the seller, Dan has removed the option to download the buyer's invoice.
Show attachment 237355
If you had bought a domain on Dan before, can you check if you have the option to download buyer's invoice?
I just checked my past transaction as a buyer, i can confirm, the buyer invoice has the details of the buyer and seller too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back