Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Update: The issues have been resolved :)

•••
•••
site:example.tld - via this Google command I test my parked domains...
And looks that at least their 2.0 Standard lander is NOT indexed by Google...
Even for domains added&parked ~1.5 months ago - NO snippet in SERP at all or OLD Sedo/Epik snippet...

p.s. ~2 weeks ago I even disabled Redirect mode - but still no changes, it doesn't help.
p.p.s. I can't recall such SEO issues with previous DAN 1.0 lander and even using Redirect...

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk
In the negotiation window please display the bidder's registration date on DAN (month/year)...
Sedo does it from the beginning...

•••
site:example.tld - via this Google command I test my parked domains...
And looks that at least their 2.0 Standard lander is NOT indexed by Google...
Even for domains added&parked ~1.5 months ago - NO snippet in SERP at all or OLD Sedo/Epik snippet...

p.s. ~2 weeks ago I even disabled Redirect mode - but still no changes, it doesn't help.
p.p.s. I can't recall such SEO issues with previous DAN 1.0 lander and even using Redirect...
See screenshot, just 1 example:

2021-10-28-001207_706x349_scrot.png

Last edited:
•••
I have 2 names regged at NameSilo which are listed for sale at Dan (with name server ns1.dan.com and ns.2.dan.com), but the names do not appear when I search for them - When I try to press arrow from inside Dan dashboard to see the listing, then I get a server not found fail (Hmm. We're having trouble finding that site) - I have over 100 other names listed without problems, are there someone that can give me an idea of what the problem is and how to solve it?
Contact namesilo support. Maybe registry blocked .... ( If domain .xyz or other nglt. Most possibility .... )

•••
Yes, recheck WHOIS status...
If there serverHold or clientHold - then your domains are blocked/suspended...

•••
See screenshot, just 1 example:

I tried and got this message:

Your search - site:x.........com - did not match any documents

Yes, recheck WHOIS status...
If there serverHold or clientHold - then your domains are blocked/suspended...

I checked and there is no serverhold or clienthold on them

•••
I have sent an email to support and got a reply from Aleksandra who said I should wait for 48 hours because I had removed the names and re-listed them - The problem has been there for a long time and still exists - I have sent the names to you in a PM here.
Good morning @wwwulff

I have made sure to identify the issue and replied to you in a private message. What Aleksandra stated is correct normally as removing the domain and re-adding it requires the pages to resolve again. However, in this particular case it involved two DNSSEC issues.

I have made sure to give you instructions on how to resolve this.

•••
(Not sure if anyone else mentioned this before.)

Looks like landing pages are not indexed.

•••
There are too many stimuli on the landing pages;
Lots of text, different colors, icons, CSS effects.

With a little empathy, all this confusion and bombardment of information leads to more confusion and reluctance from the perspective of an indecisive customer.
This is a scientifically based phenomenon.

Are you considering adding a plain design option as well?
Frankly, an interface like Afternic's ns5/ns6 would have worked better for me...

Albert Einstein said:
“Genius is making complex ideas simple, not making simple ideas complex.”

•••
(Not sure if anyone else mentioned this before.)

Looks like landing pages are not indexed.
See above, I already posted, even with screenshot.

•••
there are some indexation problems these days...

•••
I noticed these problems 2 weeks ago...

Another possible reason: among other bots they banned Google crawler as well...

•••
•••
I noticed these problems 2 weeks ago...

Another possible reason: among other bots they banned Google crawler as well...
Some seo friends tell me there is a problem since the 7th October

•••
two DNSSEC issues.
If DNSSEC was inherited from the previous registrar after you transferred these domains to NameSilo - you must reset/remove it...

With Dynadot you can set this DNSSEC removal in automode.

•••
Their /buy-domain/ directory shows 626k indexed domains only.

upload_2021-10-28_15-26-35.png

Some seo friends tell me there is a problem since the 7th October

Looks like, because only 7 of tens of thousands "meta" domains are showing in index.

Could be even earlier, because I've checked few dozens of domains I've published in July, and they are not showing up either.

•••
•••
Their reply in LiveChat:
we do not require bidders to register on our site; buyers do not have an account with us, only sellers do.

p.s. One more reason: why so many fakes and non-payers...

Last edited:
•••
Hello Dan support team and @LaszloSchenk,
I have purchased several domains in installments at Dan.com.
I have paid the second installment and have 10 installments remaining.
I would like to pay the rest of the installments all at once and make it mine.
Is it possible??

Last edited:
•••
There are too many stimuli on the landing pages;
Lots of text, different colors, icons, CSS effects.

With a little empathy, all this confusion and bombardment of information leads to more confusion and reluctance from the perspective of an indecisive customer.
This is a scientifically based phenomenon.

Are you considering adding a plain design option as well?
Frankly, an interface like Afternic's ns5/ns6 would have worked better for me...
Good morning @karamakate,

As everyone has a different taste and desire we have created two options already which are customizable:

1. Standard page which could be as simplistic as you want
2. Brandable page which could show many additional details like traffic/portfolio/domain descriptions etc.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
Hello Dan support team and @LaszloSchenk,
I have purchased several domains in installments at Dan.com.
I have paid the second installment and have 10 installments remaining.
I would like to pay the rest of the installments all at once and make it mine.
Is it possible??
Good morning @rokarmy,

Please make sure to contact our support for these kinds of inquiries instead of using a forum like Namepros.

You can pay off the remaining balance at any given time by simply contacting our support chat or [email protected].

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
I had both types of payments before
and I use DAN / Undeveloped since they appeared

everyone has to do kyc now...even binance u cant trade no more if no kyc... they will lose half clients ...same for dan half people will never use btc payout anymore...cause this kyc defies whole purpose of anonymous currency.

but this was all predictable from start..governments in the end will win..take control...because they always do... and there always were and will be kings and peasants... 1%.. and 99%

get used to it...peasants can be happy and achieve enlightenment too. u dont need blue blood for that one.. tho u do need rh-

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk Hi, can you investigate the issue various users are reporting about domains page not indexing? If its google fault there is nothing we can do but can we get a verification?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back