Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
At first glance, DAN traffic stats don't appear to be too accurate and/or could be showing a lot of bot activity.

In fact, the graph data doesn't seem to match the numerical results shown in the seller's dashboard.

Dan users, any helpful feedback?
Good morrning,

Thank you for your post.

We actually fight bots on a daily basis to ensure any new ones are fought fairly instantly. Have you consulted our support chat to verify which traffic stats should correspond with the traffic graph?

•••
@LaszloSchenk Do you have any updated statistics about which lander has the best STR between Standard, Brandable and Minimalistic?

And do you still advise sellers to display info about themselves, or does this confuse more than help buyers? Thank you.
Good morning @Embrand,

Thank you for your message.

We have no specific numbers at hand to present to you but do see standard page still convert really well. Any information that you are willing to present about yourself stimulate sales rather than cause confusion and still is highly recommended. For those using this feature we see a drop in additional inquiries from potential buyers ,prior to acquisitions, to ask more information about the domain seller/owner.

We strongly recommend to continue sharing valuable data about yourself to inspire trust and increase your conversions.

Have a great week.

•••
Good morning @Embrand,

We have no specific numbers at hand to present to you but do see standard page still convert really well. Any information that you are willing to present about yourself stimulate sales rather than cause confusion and still is highly recommended. For those using this feature we see a drop in additional inquiries from potential buyers ,prior to acquisitions, to ask more information about the domain seller/owner.

We strongly recommend to continue sharing valuable data about yourself to inspire trust and increase your conversions.

Have a great week.
Thanks. This confirms what you have sad right from the beginning then.

•••
Good morning @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Can you add an option "Send message to the seller" that I can chose instead of make offer? I would like to use BIN + Contact button for my landing pages.

Currently I use BIN + Make offer to keep the door open for buyers to contact me, but the problem is that buyers think that the minimum offer is a bargain price that I am open to accept and they always send low ball offers.

Another problem with BIN + Make offer is that it creates confusion about the price, and buyers may think that you have overpriced your domain or that you are not confident enough about your asking price.

I prefer BIN + Contact Seller, so that buyers can still contact me without the assumption that I am willing to accept low offers.

•••

Can you add an option "Send message to the seller" that I can chose instead of make offer? I would like to use BIN + Contact button for my landing pages.

Currently I use BIN + Make offer to keep the door open for buyers to contact me, but the problem is that buyers think that the minimum offer is a bargain price that I am open to accept and they always send low ball offers.

Another problem with BIN + Make offer is that it creates confusion about the price, and buyers may think that you have overpriced your domain or that you are not confident enough about your asking price.

I prefer BIN + Contact Seller, so that buyers can still contact me without the assumption that I am willing to accept low offers.
A major reason for commission-based marketplaces not to offer such a direct form of communication, may be that they want to avoid parties closing the deal outside their platform.

Last edited:
•••
A major reason for commission-based marketplaces not to offer such a direct form of communication, may be that they want to avoid parties closing the deal outside their platform.

But it will be an inhouse conversation same as the conversation you make after receiving an offer.
So what's the difference?

•••

Yes, Yes, Yes! Please!

•••
DAN will allow users with Russian IP to make offers and allow you to accept those offers yet will not process payments for those transactions due to anti-Russian sanctions.

If you get an offer from Russian IP tell DAN to inform buyer of this and take transaction to different platform/offsite.

They made a mess of a small sale b/c of this. May have even lost the sale for me - hopefully buyer will try again on new landing page.

Last edited:
•••
Hi @accuname

I feel your pain. But I don't think that the IP address should be leading to determine this.

IP addresses that have been registered in Russia can be used in neighboring countries. This is quite common with international telecom operators. In addition, due to the scarcity of IP4 addresses, IP blocks that were previously tied to a particular region (eg Russia) are suddenly being used in other parts of the world, because netblocks were sold or because of IPv4 leasing constructions. Geo databases such as MaxMind are therefore not always 100% accurate.

This said, DAN could possibly show a warning to the bidder, based on the country (Russia) entered in the request/bidding form. That should also work if someone from Russia is operating from another country. But all this is easy to circumvent. Easier than the actual payment moment, because that's where the strict (EU) sanctions are imposed. Strictly speaking, I think that it's mainly the actual payments that are not allowed, while negotiations (and communications) are still allowed.

Continuing on another marketplace is not immediately the solution, because the sanctions have been imposed broadly.

As I started, I understand that it brings frustration. The imposed sanctions are not pleasant for either party. Just like the war that underlies it.

Last edited:
•••
Some domains show (P) as grey but i point them to Dan long time ago.
What i the reason?

Last edited:
•••
Some domains show (P) as grey but i point them to Dan long time ago.
What i the reason?
Good morning,

We do not provide support through this Namepros thread. Please make sure to contact our support chat or [email protected] to get the deviations clarified and resolved.

All the best,

•••
Hi,

I think "Pay in Installments" wording would be better than the "Lease to own" wording on the landing page

Some other marketplaces use Pay in Installments and I think i'ts more accurate and I'm sure It would improve sales

•••
I think "Pay in Installments" wording would be better than the "Lease to own" wording on the landing page

Some other marketplaces use Pay in Installments and I think i'ts more accurate and I'm sure It would improve sales
Legally speaking, that wouldn't be right (or, not complete). The domain is actually leased from the seller, until the final installment is paid.

Last edited:
•••
Legally speaking, that wouldn't be right. The domain is actually leased from the seller, until the final installment is paid.
So why other marketplaces use Pay in Installments?

If it is being paid in installments what other description would be better?

•••
So why other marketplaces use Pay in Installments?
I think that is more like the "Rent" option that was previously offered at Dan.com (without ownership of the domain).

Afternic offers a "pay later" option with Klarna, where you obtain full ownership right away, but can pay the amount in installments.

Although all this may feel the same to you, this really is another construction than Lease-to-own, legally

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Future Sensors

Thanks for your comments

I'll take a look at that link

Thanks

•••
@Future Sensors

Thanks for your comments

I'll take a look at that link

Thanks
I forgot to mention that for my own domains, I explain how Lease-to-own works in my "Seller's Notes". I also felt that some explanation was needed. You'll need a few sentences for that, regarding installments, ownership, and use of the domain. Maybe you can do something similar.

Last edited:
•••
I would like to allow rent of some domains lower than 50USD at Dan, not sure why it's not possible, I might just implement on my website if Dan is not versatile enough.

•••

I like to pay in installments verbiage best. Pay by rent or pay by lease implies a financial application/qualification/approval to me

•••
@ArielT Would you like to see an option like Klarna at Dan.com, too?

I think it's an interesting option.

https://domaininvesting.com/godaddy-testing-financing-option-on-bin-landers/
It could be, not sure but I think that option is currently only available for some countries

I respect your opinion but I still think that "Pay in Installments" or "Start payment plan" would be better

I'm not a lawyer so not sure about the legal aspect but I was checking 2 big players and are using these 2 options so "it seems" no problem in using it

Just my opinion

Last edited:
•••
I would like to allow rent of some domains lower than 50USD at Dan, not sure why it's not possible, I might just implement on my website if Dan is not versatile enough.
Good morning @iTesla,

This is not possible as we have a minimum transaction value of $99. I am running a few minutes late; my previous meeting is running over.

Best regards,

•••
Dan.com product update #7 (Afternic DLS Network integration)

@LaszloSchenk I have a question. Suppose my domain name has been added by someone else on Afternic, will that listing be automatically deleted? And suggest I delete all my domain names at Afternic now and I enable Afternic DLS at Dan.com. Can it happen that other people add my domain names to Afternic?

Last edited:
•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

A few questions
1. Can you confirm that the Afternic integration includes fast transfer?
2. How do we list domains for distribution if a domain is already listed by someone else on Afternic?
3. Will Sedo MLS integration be added soon? If you add Sedo integration I would consider moving all my domains to Dan.
4. Will domains over $2k which are sold on Dan via Afternic still incur 4% Paypal fees or will it be just like selling on Afternic (no fees)? If there is still fees this would be negative for many people to list on Dan since the commission for Paypal users will in reality be 25%!

Last edited:
•••
Hi @LaszloSchenk

A few questions
1. Can you confirm that the Afternic integration includes fast transfer?
2. How do we list domains for distribution if a domain is already listed by someone else on Afternic?
3. Will Sedo MLS integration be added soon? If you add Sedo integration I would consider moving all my domains to Dan.
4. Will domains over $2k which are sold on Dan via Afternic still incur 4% Paypal fees or will it be just like selling on Afternic (no fees)? If there is still fees this would be negative for many people to list on Dan since the commission for Paypal users will in reality be 25%!
You can avoid those kind of fees by using bank wire. Not sure why anyone would want PP as their main payment processor with their exorbitant fees. The 4% was them passing those extra fees onto you. Can’t expect either platform to absorb extra fees forever, incurred by paying you how you want to be paid, versus what has less fees for all.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back