Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
after thinking about it for a while,
@DAN.COM should not reject any registrar for whatever reason

1) it's not @DAN.COM 's business at all
where a domainer decides to reg their domain

2) it doesn't affect @DAN.COM at all where the domain is registered in case of auth code transfers

3) @DAN.COM it makes life more complicated for your customers

4) @DAN.COM you only support competitors that way

disclaimer:
I have no domains at sav
and don't plan to change it

•••
after thinking about it for a while,
@DAN.COM should not reject any registrar for whatever reason

1) it's not @DAN.COM 's business at all
where a domainer decides to reg their domain

2) it doesn't affect @DAN.COM at all where the domain is registered in case of auth code transfers

3) @DAN.COM it makes life more complicated for your customers

4) @DAN.COM you only support competitors that way

disclaimer:
I have no domains at sav
and don't plan to change it

well said Frank... on many thngs we often agree this is no exception.

plus without clear disclaimers tis WILL result in failed lost sales for which always sellers will blame dan.. not sav.

this could be totals of 100s of thousands of doillars in the end.

all this for what? for something dan doesnt clearly explain and sav has no clue it even exists??? this is borderlining kids behaviour fighting now.

Last edited:
•••
Dan com. not loading

This site can’t be reacheddan.com took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

•••
•••
it fixed now. 👍

but I will move ns to another.. :( now i understand why I have no offers or sales for the last 3-4 weeks for domains with Dan nameservers.

how I have notified about the issue? I sent the domain link to buyer and got responce that domain is unresolved.

Screenshot_20200517-104206.png

•••
it fixed now. 👍

but I will move ns to another.. :( now i understand why I have no offers or sales for the last 3-4 weeks for domains with Dan nameservers.

how I have notified about the issue? I sent the domain link to buyer and got responce that domain is unresolved.

Show attachment 154641

i am on bodis for landers not dan... but for some names when i go to dan i use a redirect url from bodis... which is not dns.. maybe that can help you .. and have less downtime etc.

i guess the url redirect woouldn't fall under dns issues?

•••
i am on bodis for landers not dan... but for some names when i go to dan i use a redirect url from bodis... which is not dns.. maybe that can help you .. and have less downtime etc.

i guess the url redirect woouldn't fall under dns issues?
Dan not loaded as well :/ so forwarding is not a solution. I really love Dan escrow and their usability but those dns issues is not ok for selling domains.
Screenshot_20200517-104835.png

•••
Dan not loaded as well :/ so forwarding is not a solution. I really love Dan escrow and their usability but those dns issues is not ok for selling domains.
Show attachment 154643

yes i like dan add lead escrow too
no need for any landers to dan for adding lead of course.. but sometimes there is need for landers to send buyer there.. etc..

i didn't really follow what u said.. when do you say the pages are failing to load exactly? and why? is this often ?

•••
yes i like dan add lead escrow too
no need for any landers to dan for adding lead of course.. but sometimes there is need for landers to send buyer there.. etc..

i didn't really follow what u said.. when do you say the pages are failing to load exactly? and why? is this often ?
it was about 1 hourago.
https://www.namepros.com/posts/7774095/

•••
•••
yes
but i wonder how frequent are these
it was several times (can't remember exactly) for last 3-4 months.

as an example it was never fail nameservers for Afternic but their ugly lander without buy now price not working for me so I switched to dan.

•••
•••
ps u can do aftrnic lander url redirect to yer buynow listing direct:
https://www.afternic.com/domain/vrsign.com
yea I know but it's still odd for buyers to create account on Afternic.

when you clicking buy now Afternic brings you to login page it should be payment page with details not a login.

i think Afternic should hire a good marketer.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk will come online in middle of night my time and say good morning everyone, we were updating our servers, have a great day.
Post some notifications or send out an email stating there will be down time, next time
This is kind of publicity dan the automated man doesnt want
Your down again pretty hair, you suck
Have a great day

•••
•••
With this and the sav situation, I'm going to have to move my domain landers.

•••
•••
We’re seeing massive & abnormal traffic spikes since this morning which do not seem organic.

This is causing some service interruption for our users.

We're working diligently on resolving the issue and identifying where the seemingly DDOS attack is originated from.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

•••
Just now tried a couple of domains there and both said Invalid Certificate and don't want to load the site.

•••
Site responds very slowly.

•••
Site responds very slowly.

We’re seeing massive & abnormal traffic spikes since this morning which do not seem organic.

We're working diligently on resolving the issue and identifying where the seemingly DDOS attack is originated from.

•••

Quick update:
Network-Bites-DAN.COM.png

We're getting a hold of it and expect with the help of AWS to resolve the issue at hand within an hour.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back