IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Frank, so what should be fixed? Are you suggesting that @undeveloped string should be removed? Or are you referring to the possible confusion caused by different names — twitter handle vs website domain?

And btw, this is what I see using Twitter app:

5E0641A7-8013-4720-ADC3-E396AF1D0DD0.jpeg

•••
Received a $5K offer yesterday and accepted..( USA buyer)

However.....was a bit on the fence whether legit or not as GD/Afternic price "was" lower and they came up 10x off my min offer.

They did not pay yesterday, and DAN has sent a Reminder of Payment this morning.

I am hopeful, though leaning more towards I may have my first none-paying bogus offer on Dan :(

Hoping this isn't the case, but will see if they pay by Monday being a holiday weekend.MDW

Also found it odd the offer came in 2:45ish am Eastern Time ..odd time

will wait and see.

first? wow most of us are at 10-20 :)
gl...

•••
first? wow most of us are at 10-20 :)
gl...

Thank you, I will share the outcome, preferably a completed sale.

•••
Can my portfolio website be DAN integrated?

•••
Can my portfolio website be DAN integrated?
That’s my wish too... and I don’t see any progress in this direction.

As a workaround, you can link your BuyNow buttons to DAN’s checkout pages. Just make sure the prices on your website match your DAN portfolio. I do this for the last 9 months or so. So far so good..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Switch off make offer functionality. Problem solved :xf.wink:

bins arent ideal

and when bins become as u say solution then yer still just putting bandaid on a tumor

•••
I've been using Dan for about 8 months by now.

For some reason, it only gets worse and worse. I only got about 6 low value sales in all this time, less than 1 per month. On the other hand I get a ton of lowball offers and even if accepted, they never pay. 4 out of 5 accepted will never pay. They just keep my domain locked for weeks until Dan discards the deal.

On the other hand, Afernic is lately selling almost 1 domain per day for me.

Can't blame Dan for it though (or at least not a big part of it). The traffic is obviously received via parking, non-parked domains there rarely get an offer. So it's the actual users hitting the domain that are lowballers.

Anyway I decided on using the method AbdulBasit recommended, to direct everything to ns3.afternic.com and ns4.afternic.com . Since I don't get sales here, but only buyers that aggravate me, it's the obvious choice. I'm keeping my listings on Dan but not the parking anymore, for obvious reasons. Got an first offer without the parking though.

Too bad, I had great expectations re Dan. I see other users having success there, so it must be differences in portfolio.

Last edited:
•••
•••
bins arent ideal

and when bins become as u say solution then yer still just putting bandaid on a tumor

Want to get rid of the tumor? Cut it off (use other landers).

Last edited:
•••
i have nothing but top praises for using dan to finalize my bodis or other leads.. via their add lead option.... the % fee is good... and its a great payout and postsale process overall in most regards.

at same time, like many here, i've not much praises for selling through their landers... and even less (read: none) for selling directly thru their market.

•••
Frank, so what should be fixed? Are you suggesting that @undeveloped string should be removed? Or are you referring to the possible confusion caused by different names — twitter handle vs website domain?

And btw, this is what I see using Twitter app:

Show attachment 155437

ok thats what I would like to see

•••
When you use your own background image for your landers and the mouse hovers above it, it changes colour a bit (gets darker). A small thing, but does it need to be this way?

•••
Can you please say what exactly they did wrong though? You're creeping me out. Just successfully caught a domain but won't be able to sell on my Dan portfolio I guess?
Good morning @DigitalRoar,

Thank you for your response and I fully understand.

However, we will not publish any details. Please understand that such a major decision would not be made if not for the right reasons. We only choose not to publicly mention such issues.

Have a great week.

•••
@LaszloSchenk

Not sure if it has been discussed previously, but I’d like to suggest that messages in the transaction chat should be immutable (not dynamic).

Since we don’t have a balance (yet?), I’m switching my payout settings manually from PayPal to Wire for some transactions. Once the payout sent to my bank account, I’m switching back to PayPal and the message that said “we just sent payout to your bank account” changes to “we sent the payout to your PayPal address”. At the very least, this is confusing. Such messages should be immutable, like logging — once printed, they should not change.
Good morning @uzver,

Thank you for your notification.

This already is listed with our product team indeed and will be resolved in time.

Have a great week.

•••
When you use your own background image for your landers and the mouse hovers above it, it changes colour a bit (gets darker). A small thing, but does it need to be this way?
Good morning Embrand,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I will make sure to relay your findings to our product team for review.

Have a great week.

•••
Self-lead 5% commission is a hit, @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

All i had to do was show seller this tweet;

He finally said yes Dan. this after my own great experience with two sellers who used Dan self-lead for 5% comiss. Re-tweet this! (when able) I myself look forward to using this option, and wish you advertised it more. (gets lost wayside

Last edited:
•••
It seems a bot attack on DAN

upload_2020-5-27_15-58-57.png

•••
•••
Meet the owner and domain expert of this domain

was removed?? :(
it was useful addon

•••
•••
you can remove it yourself
in the admin section

•••
•••
@DAN.COM i have a tip: do not show stats for unparked domains but to show for parked.

•••
Received a $5K offer yesterday and accepted..( USA buyer)

However.....was a bit on the fence whether legit or not as GD/Afternic price "was" lower and they came up 10x off my min offer.

They did not pay yesterday, and DAN has sent a Reminder of Payment this morning.

I am hopeful, though leaning more towards I may have my first none-paying bogus offer on Dan :(

Hoping this isn't the case, but will see if they pay by Monday being a holiday weekend.MDW

Also found it odd the offer came in 2:45ish am Eastern Time ..odd time

will wait and see.

Thank you, I will share the outcome, preferably a completed sale.

After Multiple attempts to contact buyer, the guy never responded.

As a result no sale was made and name is re-listed

The name was

Le/afy/H/u/b/

com

I do thank Dan and my Account Manager for trying. Honestly not much we can do to stop it I'm afraid.....so long as there is the "internet" there will be "trolls"..nothing better to do apparently than waste peoples time...oh well

On to the next

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back