IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else not getting responses to emails to support? Sent two emails in the last week to get names pushed into my account.

•••
Anyone else not getting responses to emails to support? Sent two emails in the last week to get names pushed into my account.

Emailed today after using Chat window with NO response, seems like if I was a impatient End-user Ida moved on!

Aslo

@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk My First Request to added a feature, unless I am somehow over looking its, can we get a simple Sorting Button to search our names by Extension in a our Portfolios ? To view only my .co or .io for example ..... This would be Wonderful! please and thank you!

•••
I hope this is OPTIONAL instead of MANDATORY, there's no way I want to be locked out just because of a bad phone.
Good morning Eternaldomains,

That should not be a problem at all.

•••
Good morning Karmaco,

Thank you for notifying us.

Could you email me at [email protected] stating the time and date of submitting of these messages? Our response time actually improved quite significantly over the past weeks with the new hires we have boarded. It could not be the case that simply no response is given. I, therefore, would like to investigate the matter.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

•••
Emailed today after using Chat window with NO response, seems like if I was a impatient End-user Ida moved on!

Aslo

@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk My First Request to added a feature, unless I am somehow over looking its, can we get a simple Sorting Button to search our names by Extension in a our Portfolios ? To view only my .co or .io for example ..... This would be Wonderful! please and thank you!
Good morning,

What time have you submitted the message? We are located in Europe. At the time of sending this Namepros post, for example, our office was closed.

Regarding the feature, this is already forwarded to our product team. When enough similar inquiries are made the feature will be pushed for production.

Have a great day!

•••
Very pleased with Dan.com, just want to flag up a point about domain pages.

I've noticed that if you delete a domain from Dan.com it still has a page there that says it has been deleted. Similarly, when a domain is sold it displays a page saying it has been sold. Even if you change DNS those pages can still be seen at Dan.com urls, possibly findable also by Google and by searching on Dan.com. How long does that continue?

I would prefer it if in those cases the domain page did not do that, just redirected somewhere or gave no info specific to that domain. By default I would like domain sales not published unless publication is actively agreed to.

On Sedo, in my experience, and possibly on other platforms in this situation the domain, if still pointed to Sedo, just redirects to a page offering their brokerage services to aquire it! If the domain has just sold, it may not have even changed hands yet.

Last edited:
•••
Very pleased with Dan.com, just want to flag up a point about domain pages.

I've noticed that if you delete a domain from Dan.com it still has a page there that says it has been deleted. Similarly, when a domain is sold it displays a page saying it has been sold. Even if you change DNS those pages can still be seen at Dan.com urls, possibly findable also by Google and by searching on Dan.com. How long does that continue?

I would prefer it if in those cases the domain page did not do that, just redirected somewhere or gave no info specific to that domain. By default I would like domain sales not published unless publication is actively agreed to.

On Sedo, in my experience, and possibly on other platforms in this situation the domain, if still pointed to Sedo, just redirects to a page offering their brokerage services to aquire it! If the domain has just sold, it may not have even changed hands yet.
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM
Also when you set your profile to private so that it does not display your domains on your profile page, one can still find all your domains on google using your USER ID.

•••
Still love dan.com works well for me

Last edited:
•••
@Dan
@LaszloSchenk @DAN.COM
Also when you set your profile to private so that it does not display your domains on your profile page, one can still find all your domains on google using your USER ID.

Where do you see the user ID? I can't see any when I visit a name listed by a private seller.

•••
Where do you see the user ID? I can't see any when I visit a name listed by a private seller.
This is when you want to personalize your listings with your username, not "private seller", yet choose to not show your portfolio.
lVeByo5.png

Googling that username of yours on dan.com is obviously going to show many of your domains. Dan could do something to prevent usernames from being indexed. I believe all price options should be protected from crawlers/data miners too, since it makes possible to track sales.

•••
This is when you want to personalize your listings with your username, not "private seller", yet choose to not show your portfolio.
lVeByo5.png

Googling that username of yours on dan.com is obviously going to show many of your domains. Dan could do something to prevent usernames from being indexed. I believe all price options should be protected from crawlers/data miners too, since it makes possible to track sales.

Thanks, now I get it. And I agree that in this case the names should not be indexed.

•••
It is also possible to make sure pages are not saved to archive.org - that is a good idea if you do not want old price data or other data being kept available. Dan.com could just do this at a global level for all listings.

I have actually found old listings pages from Sedo on archive.org, showing asking prices.

•••
Good morning Karmaco,

Thank you for notifying us.

Could you email me at [email protected] stating the time and date of submitting of these messages? Our response time actually improved quite significantly over the past weeks with the new hires we have boarded. It could not be the case that simply no response is given. I, therefore, would like to investigate the matter.

Message sent to your direct email thanks

•••
Good morning,

What time have you submitted the message? We are located in Europe. At the time of sending this Namepros post, for example, our office was closed.

Regarding the feature, this is already forwarded to our product team. When enough similar inquiries are made the feature will be pushed for production.

Have a great day!

Thanks You! @LaszloSchenk Received your email this morning as well as chat response.

•••
Still don't have an option to search/show a made-up(brandable) names based on typed keywords. So if your domain is not a keyword, it may never be shown in results.

•••
Totally. It started a couple months ago. They just are not getting half of my emails. All my emails that are replies to their listing reports. So now i'm sending everything via chat. And the most frustrating that they keep denying the problem exists.

•••
If i find some of my domains on you site, uploaded by others. What can I do?

•••
lVeByo5.png

Good morning,

Regarding this topic, could you provide me with an example of this situation? When you enable the " I don't want to have a public profile" no profile is displayed.

•••
G
Still don't have an option to search/show a made-up(brandable) names based on typed keywords. So if your domain is not a keyword, it may never be shown in results.
Good morning,

Could you give an example of this? All domains should be displayed through search when enough matching characters are used.

•••
G
Totally. It started a couple months ago. They just are not getting half of my emails. All my emails that are replies to their listing reports. So now i'm sending everything via chat. And the most frustrating that they keep denying the problem exists.
Good morning,

Could you forward some of these messages to [email protected]? I will make sure to investigate the matter.

•••
G
If i find some of my domains on you site, uploaded by others. What can I do?
Good morning,

For the time being, simply notify our chat and our support will make sure to add the domain for you. We will make sure this is resolved shortly!

Have a great weekend.

•••
G

Good morning,

Could you give an example of this? All domains should be displayed through search when enough matching characters are used.

Yes. If I have a name like кingzzа which is madeup/brandable king+pizza will never be shown because there is no keyword.

A year ago I make a suggestion to DAN to add a field with "related keywords" when submitting a domain.

For example:
I submitting кingzzа and add related keywords: pizza, food, street food, fast food. (maybe up to 5 keywords is OK)

So there need to be added a filter on the search something like: "Show only madeup names" which will gonna show only madeup/brandable names that are related to the searched keyword/s

•••
Have you some numbers on how many domains are sold with installments? some % ?
@LaszloSchenk

•••
Is it just me, or is dan.com website and landing pages loading very slowly in the past 24-48 hours? Seems like there is an issue with the dan.com server? Please advise.

•••
Dan is way too expensive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back