Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a client having issues in making payment for the past 4 hours, he just informed me now and Dan have closed for the day. I hope @DAN.COM will follow up quickly on this, cos this guy want to pull out. I have dropped a message on your site. Thanks
I have a client having issues in making payment for the past 4 hours, he just informed me now and Dan have closed for the day. I hope @DAN.COM will follow up quickly on this, cos this guy want to pull out. I have dropped a message on your site. Thanks
Updates, Dan had sent payment instructions to the buyer, am now waiting for the wire transfer to Dan account

Last edited:
•••
ssl issues with listings. check out domains with Dan ns

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information

wwwWorldWideWeb.com listing with ssl issue
ns updated a few weeks ago

•••
Does DAN provide an option to display a "may be for sale" page ?
I am thinking about this to prevent a possible attempt at RDNH
( Reverse domain name hijacking )
@DAN.COM

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

Does not the very fact that the domain is on Dan says it is for sale : )?

•••
Does not the very fact that the domain is on Dan says it is for sale : )?
Good point. I guess will need to settle with a custom page for the moment. Unless someone could suggest a better alternative. I have a couple of valuable domains which had high acquisition costs and I just do not want to risk putting a standard for sale page on them, but of course I still wanna sell them.

Last edited:
•••
Good point. I guess will need to settle with a custom page for the moment. Unless someone could suggest a better alternative. I have a couple of valuable domains which had a high acquisition costs and I just do not want to risk putting a standard for sale page on them, but of course I still wanna sell them.

Try Epik servers with a default contact form or check alternative options discussed here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/an...nd-no-ppc-just-contacts.1170197/#post-7562653

•••
@DAN.COM
Check out white.com

•••
Very close to what I am looking for.

The domain seems to be hosted at fabulous.com and the NS is set to BUY.INTERNETTRAFFIC.COM / SELL.INTERNETTRAFFIC.COM. Yet somehow the domain is configured to use a lander of some sort provided by uniregistry.com. I have a couple of domains at uni so will investigate a bit more and weigh my options. Great tip. Thank you.

•••
i countered no response. i desided to accept the buyer's offer but no option how to do it. only revoke button ok but how accept the first offer?!
I might be wrong, but I believe once you counter that negates the original offer so you can not go back and accept it. You can of course counter offer at the same price and hope he/she will accept, but there is no guarantee they will. As I said, I am not sure but believe this is how it works.
Bob

•••
Very close to what I am looking for.

The domain seems to be hosted at fabulous.com and the NS is set to BUY.INTERNETTRAFFIC.COM / SELL.INTERNETTRAFFIC.COM. Yet somehow the domain is configured to use a lander of some sort provided by uniregistry.com. I have a couple of domains at uni so will investigate a bit more and weigh my options. Great tip. Thank you.
That lander in ''Minimal Horizontal Layout'', from the Uni Dashboard.

i countered no response. i desided to accept the buyer's offer but no option how to do it. only revoke button ok but how accept the first offer?!
Next time, after you reject offer, a simple
''Thank you for your offer, we can sell for $1500''
is better than using the counter button silently.
More chances they will reply

Last edited:
•••
Tried to sign up but got a server error.

•••
two factor authentication please

@DAN.COM
Good morning Stav,

I trust you are doing well.

We are close to releasing the two-factor authentication. It will be released in Q1 2020.

Have a great week.

•••
When’s the new lander being released @DAN.COM ?
Good morning Josh,

The new landers are as good as finished and will be released really soon. We will update you all as soon as it gets released.

Have a great week!

•••
Tried to sign up but got a server error.
Good morning Deathstarr,

Thank you for notifying us.

Are you still unable to create a seller's account? We have made sure to verify this but could not find any issues on hand. On the contrary, we have actually noticed many new signups since this weekend.

Please consult our chat in order to get you all set up.

Have a great week.

•••
ssl issues with listings. check out domains with Dan ns

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information

wwwWorldWideWeb.com listing with ssl issue
ns updated a few weeks ago
Good morning,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When have you parked the domains? It takes roughly 48 hours after parking before the SSL certificates take full effect.

•••
•••
Good morning,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

When have you parked the domains? It takes roughly 48 hours after parking before the SSL certificates take full effect.
it was parked 2-3 or more weeks ago

•••
it was parked 2-3 or more weeks ago
Good morning,

Thank you for your prompt response.

The product team was informed and made sure to investigate the situation. It turns out that the www in front of the domain itself caused the malfunction. The certificates got re-generated and the domain now is propagating.

Have a great week!

•••
•••
All of my experiences at Dan.com have been superb. I do have one request though. Will it be possible at some point to offer buyers the option to rent/lease and or BIN when they first arrive at the lander page? I was testing some of my domains with the rental option and when I did it only shows the monthly rental amount. I would love to have both options on the lander so an end user can compare the monthly rental amount to the BIN with payment installments. Also, is there a way to take John Doe off of the business card and replace it with something else like the domain name?

•••
All of my experiences at Dan.com have been superb. I do have one request though. Will it be possible at some point to offer buyers the option to rent/lease and or BIN when they first arrive at the lander page? I was testing some of my domains with the rental option and when I did it only shows the monthly rental amount. I would love to have both options on the lander so an end user can compare the monthly rental amount to the BIN with payment installments. Also, is there a way to take John Doe off of the business card and replace it with something else like the domain name?

Good morning Mistressbellek,

Thank you for the kind words and glad to hear you are enjoying the experience.

We always appreciate receiving feedback to improve our services. I understand the thoughts behind your request. However, we have tested this before and we know that offering various different options simultaneously will clutter the lead's/buyer's view. Trust me when I say it ultimately will reduce your monthly conversion. Also, DAN.COM offered the rental option for up to a year already. The desire for rental within this industry is low as not even 1% of our total amount of sales is allocated to rented domains.

As you know, DAN.COM is not your standard marketplace. We do not want to implement or impose anything that has already been done. We believe in the innovative side of the market, which is why we already see many other platforms copying and implementing what we have built. As a result of this innovative driven mindset, we have been developing the new landing pages containing a lease to own option.

This new model will be focused on, amongst others, extremely long term purchases with plans of up to five years. The result of this will be a vast expansion of your target group which will significantly increase your chances of finding a suitable buyer for your domains. It also includes markups which will enable our users to earn up to 15% extra on top of their asking price per domain. More on this soon!

Lastly, it is not possible to change John Doe off the mockups. However, you can always impose your own background picture of course.

Have a great day!

•••
.....Next time, after you reject offer, a simple ''Thank you for your offer, we can sell for $1500'' is better than using the counter button silently. More chances they will reply

That is great advice and something I should have been recently doing more. After quickly hitting the counter-offer button they either went silent or later made a lower offer. When I tried to revert back and take the original offer it was not possible because of being automatically voided due to legal reasons.

Last edited:
•••
I am still getting to know Dan so what is the best, fastest, safest way to transfer a domain to a Buyer at Dan?

Push or Auth Transfer?

Does a Push go into Dans registrar or directly to the buyer?
Or if we use a Auth Transfer do we have to rely on a buyer to confirm a transfer?

What is the preferred way for sellers?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I am still getting to know Dan so what is the best, fastest, safest way to transfer a domain to a Buyer at Dan?

Push or Auth Transfer?

Does a Push go into Dans registrar or directly to the buyer?
Or if we use a Auth Transfer do we have to rely on a buyer to confirm a transfer?

What is the preferred way for sellers?

Thanks
I personally preferred pushing to DAN account. Auth code takes days longer depending on the registrars and delays payments.

•••
Good morning Stav,

We are close to releasing the two-factor authentication. It will be released in Q1 2020.

Have a great week.
I hope this is OPTIONAL instead of MANDATORY, there's no way I want to be locked out just because of a bad phone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back