Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anybody happen to know if this is a real person or some other type of account:

Privater Verkäufer
Member since 2018-11-22
means private seller

Had some names not getting uploaded because still in their name, some hand regs and noticed they have some nice names like 27.com, the.com, six.com, all kinds of 3 letter .coms etc. all different registrars. Then some truly horrific names, so it doesn't seem like 1 person's account. Maybe all the private seller's names or something.

Send email to Dan support, they will add the domains to your account. Suggest you send screenshots to prove ownership.

Seller seems to be from China.

•••
They already added verification via DNS...
Check your account settings...

•••
@Reza @LaszloSchenk I'm having trouble writing descriptions since the limit is 1800 characters. Even if it's for SEO purposes (as mentioned in the edit page), the minimum length for most articles is 500 words, so 1800/500= less than 4 letters per word. I may not be using the descriptions for SEO, but there's a lot of info I need to insert in for some of my domains. So I'm requesting to increase character description limits if possible.

•••
@Reza @LaszloSchenk I'm having trouble writing descriptions since the limit is 1800 characters. Even if it's for SEO purposes (as mentioned in the edit page), the minimum length for most articles is 500 words, so 1800/500= less than 4 letters per word. I may not be using the descriptions for SEO, but there's a lot of info I need to insert in for some of my domains. So I'm requesting to increase character description limits if possible.

No offense but if you can't say whatever you want to say in 1800 characters, better get yourself a 20 minutes video done and ask them to add it on the description for you :)

Google say about 360 characters would be indexable in the description.

What are you writing about? Your other domain names? A list of the last 100 comparable sales from NameBio?

•••
You really believe that Google generates leads to your domains???

•••
I just rechecked stats for few tens of domains - and I don't see any traffic gain from these indexed landers....
The same traffic I had at Bodis/ParkingCrew.

So even with description you will get maximum +10%.

•••
No offense but if you can't say whatever you want to say in 1800 characters, better get yourself a 20 minutes video done and ask them to add it on the description for you :)

Google say about 360 characters would be indexable in the description.

What are you writing about? Your other domain names? A list of the last 100 comparable sales from NameBio?

You really believe that Google generates leads to your domains???

I'm not describing for any of the quoted reasons, and I'm not saying what I want to write yet since I'm testing a completely different method. I'm just quoting SEO since it was mentioned in the domain description edit page.

•••
•••
Good morning all,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

@Jurgen Wolf, not sure what you are referring to with the second bigger avatar in the domain description. I also do not understand the statement of “Do you sell avatars or domains” as you know we are a marketplace and such remarks are rather pointless. I am more than happy to answer any questions and receive feedback here but simply will refrain from answering such irrelevant remarks.

@DmitrySV, thank you for the suggestion. It is already listed with our product team for reviewal.

@Don Gondon, thank you for your reply and you are spot on. We want to ensure our users have the option to customize it in any way possible. Even though I do not see how it is harming your business I will forward the request to make the avatar optional to our product team. As we still have enough more important aspects to improve and cover it will not be ranked high on our roadmap but it would not hurt to list it.

@NameDeck, I am unable to help you in case our support is not notified. It would be great if you inquire with our support and include the name if it has been a week already. It most certainly should not take this long if all processes have been followed.

@ecomslice, not sure what you are referring to. Our support is available 7 days a week and provides chat support during the weekends. We reply to buyers or inquiries within a reasonable amount of time and most definitely exceed the response time of all major marketplaces. The majority of the marketplaces take well over 24 hours before replying to any inquiry at all.

@JB Lions, when this happens simply contact [email protected] and explain the situation. Our representatives will ensure to sort this for you.

@.X., glad to hear you are satisfied. Hope you will have a great week!

@eternaldomains, I will forward the request to our product team.

Hope you all have a great week!

•••
@LaszloSchenk @Reza Have you guys ever considered implementing buyer reading receipts?

It works by emailing the buyer when there's a new reply for him, with a link to the chat window. Whenever the buyer opens the chat, an email notification is sent to the seller. This way the seller always knows when the buyer has read a message but didn't reply, and can plan his or her next step accordingly.

It's a small thing DAN.com can do to empower sellers, helping them understand buyers behavior and give some advantage in negotiations.

Last edited:
•••
not sure what you are referring to with the second bigger avatar in the domain description. I also do not understand the statement of “Do you sell avatars or domains” as you know we are a marketplace and such remarks are rather pointless. I am more than happy to answer any questions and receive feedback here but simply will refrain from answering such irrelevant remarks.
???

Visit any parked domain with description...
Do you see that Seller's avatar is displayed again/twice or you are blind?!

Last edited:
•••
where have you found that ?
~1 week ago I have seen this feature...
Just rechecked - looks that they removed it as of now... probably, still in development...

•••
Last edited:
•••
p.s. I just react on what I see on your landers...
"Pointless" is your behaviour.

Last edited:
•••
Or even direct link as live example: https://dan.com/buy-domain/nederland.pro

Hi Jurgen,

I see what you mean, however, you've customized your lander to show the avatars twice. If you enable some of the other content pieces like the traffic stat then no double logos will be shown on the lander.

Having said this, all our public pages are being overhauled at the moment so the for sale pages will change in early 2020.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
~1 week ago I have seen this feature...
Just rechecked - looks that they removed it as of now... probably, still in development...

Indeed, automated domain ownership verification is launching soon. After we deployed it last month we noticed that some extensions didn't accept our method of verification so we rolled back the feature until we've ironed out the final issues.

Soon the following items will ship at DAN:

1: Automated domain ownership verification system.

2: New lease to own model where you can make more money by charging a markup for long term sales. The model also removes the need for any seller to ever negotiate. More on this later.

3: DAN Bot V1.1 will be deployed. After this update the DAN Bot can handle more transactions automated and the DAN Bot will use a better WHOIS service so it can do its job better.

Happy selling!

Reza

•••
@LaszloSchenk @Reza Have you guys ever considered implementing buyer reading receipts?

It works by emailing the buyer when there's a new reply for him, with a link to the chat window. Whenever the buyer opens the chat, an email notification is sent to the seller. This way the seller always knows when the buyer has read a message but didn't reply, and can plan his or her next step accordingly.

It's a small thing DAN.com can do to empower sellers, helping them understand buyers' behavior and give some advantage in negotiations.

Good afternoon @legendarynames,

Thank you for making this suggestion. The methods we have tested to do this all have resulted in our emails getting more flagged by spam folders. Adding a pixel for example in the email to track this resulted in our emails getting marked as spam more often.

Since email delivery is of utmost importance to us the added value was not bigger than the negative impact. However, this does not mean that we will not offer this service. Our product team has it on their to-do as we do see the added value. We will notify you and all other DAN.COM users of course in case the situation changes.

Have a great day!

•••
you've customized your lander to show the avatars twice.
I just entered my Description text.
That's all I did.
100% BUG with your template.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Good afternoon @legendarynames,

Thank you for making this suggestion. The methods we have tested to do this all have resulted in our emails getting more flagged by spam folders. Adding a pixel for example in the email to track this resulted in our emails getting marked as spam more often.

Since email delivery is of utmost importance to us the added value was not bigger than the negative impact. However, this does not mean that we will not offer this service. Our product team has it on their to-do as we do see the added value. We will notify you and all other DAN.COM users of course in case the situation changes.

Have a great day!

@LaszloSchenk @Reza

Maybe email has the hurdles that you mentioned, but you guys can innovate and start offering SMS/Whatsapp notifications - for buyers who opt for them - as a complement or even as a substitute for email.

We're in 2020 and some people treat email as an oddity like a fax machine. By offering multiple notification methods, the negative effect due to spam is minimized. You can also start by implementing reading receipts only on SMS/Whatsapp and keep email intact.

•••
SpamAssassin penalty for tracking pixel is very minor, it doesn't affect deliverability.

•••
SpamAssassin penalty for tracking pixel is very minor, it doesn't affect deliverability.

Tracking pixel is a bad idea as many email clients will disable loading images by default.

•••
Then how you want to track???
ALL tracking SMTPs use this method, because no other way.

•••
Then how you want to track???
ALL tracking SMTPs use this method, because no other way.

Please read my previous post to which Laszlo replied.

•••
SMS notifications???
It will increase DAN commission definitely.

Only Chat window can be easily tracked.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back