IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

NameSilo
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
5 days, and yet to receive payment for a domain sale from DAN.

Slowly going downhill, are we?

•••
Was it the same sale where your buyer had issues with payment?

•••
Was it the same sale where your buyer had issues with payment?

Nope, that sale was completed through Paypal Invoicing.

This one was a day or two earlier!

•••

Good morning,

It might be a good idea to mention this in our support chat as without a name in this window I am unable to locate the matter. Could you please indicate which transaction you are referring to?

•••
@LaszloSchenk @Reza

Maybe email has the hurdles that you mentioned, but you guys can innovate and start offering SMS/Whatsapp notifications - for buyers who opt for them - as a complement or even as a substitute for email.

We're in 2020 and some people treat email as an oddity like a fax machine. By offering multiple notification methods, the negative effect due to spam is minimized. You can also start by implementing reading receipts only on SMS/Whatsapp and keep email intact.

Good morning @legendarynames,

Thank you for the suggestion. As indicated the previously granted reasons do not mean we will not be offering this feature at all. I will forward your suggestion to our product team for reviewal.

Have a great day!

•••

Attachments

• 2019-11-06-134915_1920x1080_scrot.png
    2019-11-06-134915_1920x1080_scrot.png
    152 KB · Views: 282
•••
•••
@LaszloSchenk @Reza

Maybe email has the hurdles that you mentioned, but you guys can innovate and start offering SMS/Whatsapp notifications - for buyers who opt for them - as a complement or even as a substitute for email.

We're in 2020 and some people treat email as an oddity like a fax machine. By offering multiple notification methods, the negative effect due to spam is minimized. You can also start by implementing reading receipts only on SMS/Whatsapp and keep email intact.

Good thinking!

•••
•••

Which domain transaction is this about?

•••
Can you please submit this via support and also share details on where you found this (url)?
I can see that by clicking the installment contract, french version

•••
Would it be possible to show, in bold (or larger type) OR right under the "Buy Now" button, the "Or make an offer on this domain" wording?

I ask because when I check my own names, and I know there is a min offer set, even I have trouble finding it.

Or, instead of the wording "Or make an offer on this domain" maybe change it to "Prefer to negotiate instead?" or "the owner of this domain is accepting lower offers" ...

I dont know, something that catches the eye of the buyer because especially when we have installments set up or rent set up the offer option gets pushed down and its dim (at least on my screens they are).

Just a thought... :)

Please excuse the crudity of my mockup below....

Currently:

upload_2019-11-7_9-12-12.png

Proposed...

upload_2019-11-7_9-35-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-7_9-33-45.png
    upload_2019-11-7_9-33-45.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 279
•••
I would like to suggest that when placing an inquiry, the buyer had the option to include his time zone alongside his phone number. That way it'd be much easier for DAN's brokers to reach out to him or her by phone without having to ask for this information or risking calling at odd hours.

•••
Would it be possible to show, in bold (or larger type) OR right under the "Buy Now" button, the "Or make an offer on this domain" wording?

I ask because when I check my own names, and I know there is a min offer set, even I have trouble finding it.

Or, instead of the wording "Or make an offer on this domain" maybe change it to "Prefer to negotiate instead?" or "the owner of this domain is accepting lower offers" ...

I dont know, something that catches the eye of the buyer because especially when we have installments set up or rent set up the offer option gets pushed down and its dim (at least on my screens they are).

Just a thought... :)

Please excuse the crudity of my mockup below....

Currently:

Show attachment 134498

Proposed...

Show attachment 134507

Good morning @AGAME,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Currently, we are already working on a complete revamp of the landing pages. This display will most definitely be changed as well. I will forward your suggestions as input to our product team.

•••
I would like to suggest that when placing an inquiry, the buyer had the option to include his time zone alongside his phone number. That way it'd be much easier for DAN's brokers to reach out to him or her by phone without having to ask for this information or risking calling at odd hours.

Good morning @legendarynames,

Thank you for the suggestion. We will always take into account the country of origin and area code in order to determine the most optimal time of contacting your buyers and leads.

Have a great weekend!

•••
•••
Is Dan. Com improving for the currency setting for single Domain?
@Reza @LaszloSchenk

•••
Is Dan. Com improving for the currency setting for single Domain?
@Reza @LaszloSchenk

Hi Theodore,

Currency settings for individual domains is on our to-do list. However, did you know that we show the local conversion rate of all currencies in the world based on the IP of the buyer?

So when you sell your domains in USD and a Chinese buyers visits your for sale page, they will instantly see the Renminbi (Yuan) price listed below the USD price for enhanced localization of our for sale pages.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi Theodore,

Currency settings for individual domains is on our to-do list. However, did you know that we show the local conversion rate of all currencies in the world based on the IP of the buyer?

So when you sell your domains in USD and a Chinese buyers visits your for sale page, they will instantly see the Renminbi (Yuan) price listed below the USD price for enhanced localization of our for sale pages.

Kind regards,

Reza
I know this.
We like certain numbers,when currency changes,the number changes.
Also some Will use a vpn,for many reasons.
Before I Use VPN a lot when visiting undeveloped. Com,as I found if with vpn website runs faster.
Now no problem for Dan. Com

•••
I know this.
We like certain numbers,when currency changes,the number changes.
Also some Will use a vpn,for many reasons.
Before I Use VPN a lot when visiting undeveloped. Com,as I found if with vpn website runs faster.
Now no problem for Dan. Com

I understand your point. I’ll check with our product team if we can work on that feature sooner than planned. If it’s a small feature to add in the portfolio we’ll ship it within 2 weeks.

•••
@Reza Can you already know tell us if the new sales lander will have new installment and rental options? Such as plans with interest or a larger down payment than the regular installments? Thanks.

•••
@Reza Can you already know tell us if the new sales lander will have new installment and rental options? Such as plans with interest or a larger down payment than the regular installments? Thanks.

Hi Embrand,

We're now doing final tests on the new Lease To Own model and I expect us to be able to launch that new feature within 2 weeks. The fully revamped landers Laszlo was referring to won't be launched in 2019 since that's quite a big project we're working on.

We've observed that down payments are counterproductive and won't include that option. It introduces friction that we're trying to take away so you sell more domains. Your buyers prefer monthly payments for a reason (cash flow / budget). During our customer development for the new model we observed adding a downpayment option introduces friction and also invites the buyer to negotiate about both the price and the down payment.

What we did instead is to increase our maximum Lease To Own term from 2 years to 5 years. We also introduce a new markup model where the buyer pays a markup fee of up to 30% for long term purchases.

This way, as a seller, once the domain gets sold in a lot of installments, you simply make more money as a trade off for getting your full payment delayed.

The best part of the new model is that you as the seller, never have to negotiate anymore since we make the domain affordable to 95% of all possible buyers of your domain. Sellers that enable the new Lease To Own option should see a very significant increase in sales after enabling the feature.

The feature is also designed and optimized in a way that the buyer can simply pick the terms that fit his or her budget by simply moving a slidebar which updates the deal terms for the buyer instantly on his/her screen.

We can't wait to start offering the new model, as mentioned before the results are quite amazing in terms of conversion.

Here are already some screenshots of the Beta version for context:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 13.20.52.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 13.21.24.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 13.22.00.png

Kind regards,

Reza

Last edited:
•••
Hi Embrand,

We're now doing final tests on the new Lease To Own model and I expect us to be able to launch that new feature within 2 weeks. The fully revamped landers Laszlo was referring to won't be launched in 2019 since that's quite a big project we're working on.

We've observed that down payments are counterproductive and won't include that option. It introduces friction that we're trying to take away so you sell more domains. Your buyers prefer monthly payments for a reason (cash flow / budget). During our customer development for the new model we observed adding a downpayment option introduces friction and also invites the buyer to negotiate about both the price and the down payment.

What we did instead is to increase our maximum Lease To Own term from 2 years to 5 years. We also introduce a new markup model where the buyer pays a markup fee of up to 30% for long term purchases.

This way, as a seller, once the domain gets sold in a lot of installments, you simply make more money as a trade off for getting your full payment delayed.

The best part of the new model is that you as the seller, never have to negotiate anymore since we make the domain affordable to 95% of all possible buyers of your domain. Sellers that enable the new Lease To Own option should see a very significant increase in sales after enabling the feature.

The feature is also designed and optimized in a way that the buyer can simply pick the terms that fit his or her budget by simply moving a slidebar which updates the deal terms for the buyer instantly on his/her screen.

We can't wait to start offering the new model, as mentioned before the results are quite amazing in terms of conversion.

Here are already some screenshots of the Beta version for context:

Show attachment 134644

Show attachment 134645

Show attachment 134646

Kind regards,

Reza

Wow, that looks really great! Can't wait to start using those features. I love that buyers can clearly see how much "extra" it costs them depending on the time-span and can choose accordingly. Thanks for the update!

•••
Show attachment 134635

You got paid for your domain sale of HartfordHandyman.com on the same day we processed the domain transfer...

Told you, your payment system sucks, just like your loud mouth and false claims that your payment hits the bank very next day.

Here’s is screenshot of deposit hitting my bank on 7th November, which is exactly 7 days after!!

DC763C37-9087-46B1-9712-8CA105CBB4BD.jpeg

Learn to accept your shortcomings!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back