NameSilo

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Reza, Aug 7, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Uni has their own escrow, as I know.
    escrow.com - just legacy option for some sellers.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

Still dislike the "rolling" or "moving" monthly views per domain shown on the portfolio page. I personally find this useless as you gain each day of new visits, but lose each day thats rolls off the monthly (30 day ?) window. You have to click on each domain to see the actual "this month" numbers.

I prefer the count to restart at the beginning of the month.

3. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe a hierarchy of responses is needed for repeat offenders, since the idea is that low friction invites offers. But so far it seems no mechanism is in place to put the brakes on bad offers.

Example:
    First non paid buy: no action.
    Second non paid buy: warning, and pre-authorization required in future.
    Third non-paid buy: admin fee introduced for all further buyer offers, you pay up front before you make or accept an offer.

Also there could be buyer star ratings based on their metrics, displayed only to sellers, so you have some idea if it is worth waiting for payment. Someone with a one star rating just is not likely to complete payment.

As we have covered before, buyers making or accepting offers means taking the domain off the market temporarily, which could be used for competitive advantage or to try and sell the domain on at a higher price before actually paying the owner for it.

4. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Does Dan have a process where a person can create their own lead for a bulk set of names?

5. carob

I think we know that Dan.com fly by numbers - they base decisions on metrics and are willing to do what works best and listen to feedback and suggestions.

The low-friction approach makes it easy to make offers and agree to buy - and to not follow through. Dan have said they believe their numbers show this results in more sales, which outweighs the annoyance of non-paying buyers.

The equation is NumberOfDomains x DomainSalesRate x PaymentFailureRate = TotalSales

But if NumberOfDomains falls because domain owners withdraw their domains because of a high PaymentFailureRate, the TotalSales figure may go down.

6. BabayS

BabayS Oxford.Best Blue Account

@Reza @LaszloSchenk
    Is Dan.com able to provide space for listing premium names?
    Maybe it will cost some dollars, but it is needed because the names (if possibele) can be listed in front page of your web. Also, you can promote the names to your costumers.

Thanks

7. Jurgen Wolf

No.
    Bulk mode was asked since 2018 - still not supported.

8. namemarket

namemarket Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I can verify the UNI card limit is 5k. For higher priced names a 5k limit can be a disadvantage. Was not aware until now DAN takes cards in the 5 figure range, that is a major plus for using DAN, unfortunately it seems dan does not take Amex.

9. peace800

peace800 Established Member

I would just to like ask the DAN team about what sort of promotion are they doing for DAN.com in order to reach end users, big domain name buyers etc?

Whilst it may not be as popular as Sedo at the moment is DAN getting the word out about its platform so that big domain buyers, end users and big companies think of DAN instantly when they go looking for premium domains?

I know that DAN gets a million visitors a month but was curious to know how many of these visitors are big companies that would normally visit Sedo or Uniregistry to buy premium domain names?

10. Jv1999

Jv1999 Spamming Exo: Dark Merc of the Exo-Tower VIP

is there a way for us to see if a buyer already reviewed a message or counter-offer? (like the SEEN caption in the support dialogue)?

11. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

payment threshold would be nice.
    renting possibility
    become a registrar
    shop basket
    newsletters

I cannot see any new feature except the domain change undeveloped>dan and small changes in landing since i registred more than a year ago.

You always tell that you are growing, working hard, etc... but think that a year is a lot on internet.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  12. hawkeye

hawkeye Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Ok, i was checking out DAN to see what's there, and WTF?? Only 10 results per page?? Please someone tell me there is a way to view more than 10 names per page, and how to do so.

13. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Member VIP

Anyone else having trouble login in OR getting to their DAN profile or Dashboard?

It will not load for me or resolve! Not loading properly ATM

14. LaszloSchenk

LaszloSchenk Upgraded Member Dan.com Staff Blue Account

Good morning all,

@Embrand, as indicated many times before, this indeed is out of the question. It simply creates more barriers ensuring that the overall engagement is significantly lower.

As indicated by Carob, it is used by many companies indeed by the fact that they are using it is not proof that it also works in the most optimized form. The data shows that with our market the current setup results in the most favorable results.

@namemarket, as indicated many times before we are currently still finalizing the complete revamping of our landing pages. This will all be changed soon.

@Jurgen Wolf, I personally agree with your opinion regarding this and have made sure to forward it to our product team some time ago.

@carob, we already have a fixed process in play for this. This ensures any such buyers would not even make it to the 3rd time.

@wwwweb, we do not have this as we are mainly focussed on end-users. However, you can always consult our support and chat when you want to perform a bulk sale. We will make sure to customize the process for you.

@BabayS, we have offered curated lists in the past but do not offer this since the rebranding from Undeveloped too DAN.COM. We do, however, display newly added domains and the most popular domains on the platform.

@Jv1999 we do not offer this in the platform. 

@davidc1, we already offer the possibility to rent out domains. The remaining points are already listed in our roadmap.

Hope you all have a great day!

15. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician Gold Account VIP

there is no leasing/renting option
    at least not in the german version

I am not talking about payment plans
    but forever monthly payments

upload_2019-10-29_10-30-16.png

16. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

17. Jurgen Wolf

I still don't understand what sense in these nicknames (especially for visitors/endusers)...
    Almost 20 years we live on Sedo without nicknames - and nobody died.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  18. LaszloSchenk

Good morning all,

@frank-germany, I am aware we offer the instalment option as well. However, I am referring to the rental option. When you go to your portfolio view you find three circular symbols behind each name:
    - (P) = parked
    - (IN) = instalmments
    - (R) = rental

Click on the R and you can activate the rental for that specific domain.

@Don Gondon this is the seller profile image. When not imposed a random color is generated. The majority of our users use this to display a company name or logo to inspire trust.

@Jurgen Wolf, you are not obligated to use this. You can put it in private or in any desired format.

Have a great day.

19. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

I think you've misunderstood. I am talking about the dots:
    [​IMG]

20. frank-germany

thank you Laszlo

that is neither obvious
    nor user friendly

and this is not what the rental option is ment to do ( for me )

I want small rental amounts forever
    not >50 euro

upload_2019-10-30_11-29-30.png

21. Jurgen Wolf

I want to disable these extras at all.
    I don't want to see any nickname (seller's name) and avatars/logos on my landers.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  22. Jurgen Wolf

Just domain name + BIN/MakeOffer box and that's all.
    I don't need any other absolutely unnecessary elements on my page.

23. frank-germany

after spending an hour or so with the most user unfriendly interface
    adding a rental price to my top domains

I had to learn
    that you do not get the concept at all
    and I had to reverse it all

its not about rent or sale

but to have a rental option
    and there should be no minimum for me to be able to define

upload_2019-10-30_16-48-59.png

24. carob

I seem to be able to set a monthly rental price as low as I like. But as far as I can see, that creates a landing page that only offers rental, and the rental does not display an option to buy. It seems from the ToS that the domain is held in escrow by Dan.com - is that correct?

It also seems from the ToS that only the person renting the domain can cancel the rental agreement - it renews monthly and seems to run forever. So who handles renewals?

You can see the ToS in a popup from rented domain landing page - here they are in full:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  25. LaszloSchenk

Good morning all,

@Don Gondon, could you please contact me at [email protected] and state where you find these dots as well as full print screens? I am unable to locate what you are referring to.

@Jurgen Wolf, this is not possible. We already have to cope with a lot of trust issues within this industry. Removing the name, not clearly showing it is a domain owner/company someone is buying a domain from will affect this in a negative way.

@frank-germany, so far you are the first to complaint about the usability of activating rentals. You can activate it with one click and set the price with a second click. Not sure how to make this more user-friendly but suggestions are always welcome. Also, we are currently working on a complete revamp of this page. Secondly, regarding the price you might understand that at some point the processing of continuous manual labor surrounding rentals could not be viable below a minimum price. Hence, why we have imposed a minimum of EUR 50 per month.

@carob, this is true. We currently only offer either one of the two. But as indicated several times before. We are working on a complete revamp of our landing pages which will change it completely. Secondly, it is true the domain has to be transferred to our escrow account. As a service, we take care of all renewals with the exception of premium renewals.

Have a great day.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice