Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a recent firefox, and you know the rest. traffic dropped on all domains, so it is not about me. if I'm cured, this problem will still exist. There is an easy solution, showing landing pages under Dan.com instead of domain itself.
I have no problem displaying landers through firefox

•••
There is an easy solution, showing landing pages under Dan.com instead of domain itself.

Have you tried using the Dan forwarding option to see if it makes any difference?

•••
Have you tried using the Dan forwarding option to see if it makes any difference?
Dan forwarding option? What is it.
I can forward domains to landing pages under dan.com domain, but it would take enormous amount of time.

•••
I can forward domains to landing pages under dan.com domain, but it would take enormous amount of time.

The last option under For Sale Pages in Settings:

Host your for sale pages on Dan.com​

1641911865924.png

This may not solve your problem, but it does forward to the dan.com landing page, and no longer displays the domain URL in the browser.

Last edited:
•••

go open bodis account...2 mins.

add all names. 10 secs.

change all DNs to bodis. 1min

click bodis forward option..sedo..gd..dan..etc.... 5secs

pick if u want redirect with or without bodis parking page.

example with bodis park page... www.lyz.co

without bodis page... www.wrz.co

case solved
next

Last edited:
•••
Great info. For now I will wait to see some improvement on Dan side.

•••
@DAN.COM it would be great if you could have a feature where we can purchase logos for our landing pages and have them automatically added to the page in the right size and format. Just like e.g. SquadHelp and Alter offer.

Of course I know we can order logos elsewhere and upload them, but it would be nice to have it as an integrated service.

•••
•••
Kinda missed the point there.

Regardless of reason, any buyer on Dan can post the most vile and profane-ridden comments they please, over and over and over and over, and the seller has no ability to close the transaction or block the (cough) buyer. Each of their comments is followed up by an email alert, again over and over and over and over, and sellers are forced to endure the abuse and wait for a Dan support email to be answered and acted upon.

Other sales venues like Sedo allow the seller to immediately end the transaction and then you can report the user for abuse - it takes about 1 second to nip a situation like this in the bud.
I had a real pest on one of my names (incessant troll contact) and another foul language. Both were blocked when I complained to DAN.

•••
I had a real pest on one of my names (incessant troll contact) and another foul language. Both were blocked when I complained to DAN.

I know, but why should we have to complain and then wait 24hrs for support to close down these jerks?

Buyers already have the ability to end transactions, so why not sellers? One more incident like this and I am switching all DNS traffic back to Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
I think Dan is better in this sense. You can cancel your last offer immediately, if not accepted yet. At Sedo you have to wait 7 days. Someone makes an offer at Sedo you don't own anymore,..you can't cancel it or remove the domain. You have to respond it, and wait for 1 week, and then maybe you can cancel it, and then remove it. At Dan you can remove domains while you are negotiating, and also add a bin price for others to see (I think/as I remember).

Dan has one big mistake and one small mistake. Big mistake is mentioned above (landing pages don't resolve). Small mistake: easy to accept/cancel offers by accident (especially when negotiating with endusers) (click green or red icon, and there is no return).

Last edited:
•••
Does anyone know how to SAVE changes to your settings at Dan?

I seem to remember a Save button at the bottom, but I've made tons of changes and the screen remains the same. This is insane and I can't figure out where the Save Button went - is this a browser issue? I'm either on Chrome or Edge (which is Chrome).

@LaszloSchenk

It finally started working at my 50th attempted change and a little pop-up near the bottom asked me if I wanted to save unsaved changes... this is pretty freaky as it DID NOT appear the other 49 times and I scrolled all over and made changes throughout the settings pages.

I do not think this Save pop-up feature is working as intended.

Last edited:
•••
1642269894775.png

You should have a popup at the bottom of browser window when you make changes.

•••
Show attachment 207990
You should have a popup at the bottom of browser window when you make changes.

Exactly, and like I said:

"I do not think this Save pop-up feature is working as intended."

I made about 50 changes, moving up and down on the screen, switching areas, etc until the stars finally aligned and the bottom pop-up came up with a Save option. I have tested it since then, and it DOES NOT appear immediately after you enter in a change - I always have to constantly fiddle with it to get the pop-up.

Last edited:
•••
How does Dan handle sales of ccTLDs with country restrictions, such as .US or .CA?

If a user does not qualify, does Dan check and at what point in the transaction? If not, what happens?

•••
Exactly, and like I said:

"I do not think this Save pop-up feature is working as intended."

I made about 50 changes, moving up and down on the screen, switching areas, etc until the stars finally aligned and the bottom pop-up came up with a Save option. I have tested it since then, and it DOES NOT appear immediately after you enter in a change - I always have to constantly fiddle with it to get the pop-up.
Good morning @DomainRecap,

Sorry to hear that the feature is not working for you as expected. Could you contact our support chat with either a video or print screens illustrating this? We would like to investigate the matter to see if we can replicate and resolve it.

All the best,

•••
@DAN.COM

Just noticed that on your landing pages, the words ’Buy now’ should be both capitalised; ‘Buy Now‘ being correct. The same with ’Lease to own’. Please alter to either ‘Lease To Own’ or ‘Lease to Own’. Surprised this hasn’t been spotted up to now. It’s a small detail but important all the same :)

PS. In fact this applies to a lot of the landing page text. Any text that does not end with a full stop is therefore considered a title, so capitalisation is needed at the start of every word. ie: Buyer Protection Program, Fast And Easy Transfers, The Simple And Safe Way To Buy Domain Names.

A good example is at the top of the NamePros page;

Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names

Would usually be in the context of a sentence without capitals and with a full stop at the end. As a title, it is written as above.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM

I can't make up my mind
are you arrogant or stupid?

1642419125482.png

•••
Does anyone have problems adding Dan.com's NS3 in Godaddy? I tried for two days without success to add my NS3 (verification-*.ns3.dan.hosting where * is my unique ID) to Godaddy hosted domains and got this error message from GD: "There was a problem updating your nameservers. This nameserver is not registered. Please reach out to your DNS provider to fix this issue." I had no problem before adding the NS3 but it seems GD does not like it now. Any hint?
Today I noticed a new option in DAN settings. They're now offering another verification nameserver under *.verify.hn, as an alternative to *.dan.hosting.

I've tested this, and Godaddy accepts this (3rd) verification nameserver without problems.

@DAN.COM Thanks for adding this option. Question: in DAN's settings, you can only select 1 option for the 3rd (verification) nameserver to be checked. Is it possible to enable both for legacy NS settings for already configured domains, so that both are checked? Perhaps one as the preferred 3rd NS, and the other one as a fallback 3rd NS, if the preferred one fails (or is not present).

1642661545205.png

Last edited:
•••
A workable 3rd verification NS is a good news. Now it is time to enforce NS/txt verification on all domains, with or without ownership conflicts, if added to DAN.
Contrary to what @LaszloSchenk posted -
We want to make sure that the process to get started or add more domain names is as frictionless as possible for our users. We trust that no one will add any names they do not own as there simply is no benefit for anyone to list domain names they have no control over. Not only because such a name cannot be sold but also because there is no fraud to be committed. Without the delivery of such a domain name, there will be no payout and the buyer in that sense is always protected.
folks do routinely and knowingly add domains they do not own. Beleive or not, it is a pandemic already (sort of). Have a domain elsewhere (Afternic or Sedo with BIN most notably)? Checked with DAN today and it was not inside? (And it was not supposed to be listed, as you selected another channel for this domain). Don't worry, somebody else WILL add it to their DAN account tomorrow, or in future (with a "make offer"). What for? I do not know. To collect leads from DAN visitors and/or external DAN distribution partners, trying to purchase it from a real owner with a discount? Maybe. In any case, I do not want my non-DAN domains to be listed on DAN by others. And it is exactly what happens with current setup.

Last edited:
•••
Still takes 30 seconds to load. Dan should fix this, or I can't stay there for long. It is extremely easy to do it: show search results as landing page, why not do it, unless your purpose is to prevent sales.

•••
Good morning @Future Sensors,

Great to hear you have found it!

It is not possible to select both the .hosting and .hn verification. However, that is no problem at all. All domain names you have added with the ownership verification should already reside in your portfolio with us. Whenever you want to get a new domain name verified to have it added to your portfolio you can simply select either one of the preferred records.

If for some reason, that nameserver would temporarily drop the names would already reside in your portfolio and will not affect your listings.

Have a great day.
Today I noticed a new option in DAN settings. They're now offering another verification nameserver under *.verify.hn, as an alternative to *.dan.hosting.

I've tested this, and Godaddy accepts this (3rd) verification nameserver without problems.

@DAN.COM Thanks for adding this option. Question: in DAN's settings, you can only select 1 option for the 3rd (verification) nameserver to be checked. Is it possible to enable both for legacy NS settings for already configured domains, so that both are checked? Perhaps one as the preferred 3rd NS, and the other one as a fallback 3rd NS, if the preferred one fails (or is not present).

Show attachment 208231

•••
Still takes 30 seconds to load. Dan should fix this, or I can't stay there for long. It is extremely easy to do it: show search results as landing page, why not do it, unless your purpose is to prevent sales.
Good morning @topdom,

I have verified various different locations and none of them show to require 30 seconds for our landing pages to resolve:

- North America: 1.21 seconds
- Asia: 1.97 seconds
- Europe: 588 ms

•••
Good morning @topdom,

I have verified various different locations and none of them show to require 30 seconds for our landing pages to resolve:

- North America: 1.21 seconds
- Asia: 1.97 seconds
- Europe: 588 ms
Hi @LaszloSchenk,

I'm experiencing similar issues as @topdom:

My Dan landers take at least 8 seconds to load (I'm in North America).

Also, since this started my views are (at best) 40% of what they were before.

•••
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

What is the Best Landing Page option Sale through rate?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back