Domain Empire

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The current bank wire option will remain available for users that do not want to use Payoneer. Our initial email was worded a bit too rigidly. Apologies for that.
Are you providing an option to disable or enable payoneer?

Last edited:
•••
I have most of my domains redirecting to Dans landing pages, I've always been happy with their service, both from negotiating with buyers to how quickly they payout.

I was disapointed to receive this e-mail this morning, i'm not joining Payoneer and I'm not sure what Dan was thinking with that, change is never good if you are forcing users to sign up to any site, never mind 3rd party payment processing sites, I'm all for companies going into partnerships but these should be 'options' not 'forced' onto customers.

I am glad Dan have softened their stance slightly on here, but we need more clarification what it all means and if anything really changes.

Last edited:
•••
Also will not sign up for Payoneer. Bank wire/ Paypal for me.

On a positive note, i have posted on the Sedo thread on extremely poor customer service. On the other hand had a problem at Dan, 3 hours after contacting them today it was resolved!

•••
Are you providing an option to disable or enable payoneer?

hopefully.. but first they needed to trick 100k clients into signing up and waste their time. I hope it was worth it for dan at least.

•••
I accessed an old Payoneer account of mine. I'm unable to remove an old bank account there. Automated responses from support. I forsee a lot of issues!

•••
Just talked to my wife and she said is not a good move.

•••
1642768329601.png

@LaszloSchenk You said the e-mail wasn't worded properly. What about the screenshot from your site? The message gives the impression that if we don't switch to payoneer, we won't get payments.

The reviews on Apple App store doesn't look good about their service. I have a feeling your Trust Pilot ratings is going to get worse if so many people have similar issue as the ones from Apple App store.

•••
On the Payoneer website, it's not clear what the fees are; they point to each marketplace for precise rates. It's not clear to me what fees are involved with introducing this additional layer, but I'm afraid that less remains for sellers.

1642768493441.png

•••
On the Payoneer website, it's not clear what the fees are; they point to each marketplace for precise rates. It's not clear to me what fees are involved with introducing this additional layer, but I'm afraid that less remains for sellers.

Show attachment 208333

so let me get it right... I'm supposed to be the dumb idiot who uses payoneer without knowing the cost..versus using dan wire with always same guaranteed cost.

no thanks.

•••
@DAN.COM Compared to the previous bank payout settings, does Payoneer charge additional fees for us (sellers) when we're getting paid by Dan.com?
I know Payoneer charges a fee for withdrawal to my bank account. Used it last with squadhelp.

•••
I know Payoneer charges a fee for withdrawal to my bank account. Used it last with squadhelp.

tnx well.. a.dan rep kinda suggested dan pay those fees..unless I misunderstood.. then how would anyone make money from partnership ...

well I guess all this needs further clarifying.. tho looks like nobody from payoneer is rushing to help.and seize chance to make good 1st impression

Last edited:
•••
Payoneer charges up to 2% for withdrawals.

•••
The current bank wire option will remain available for users that do not want to use Payoneer. Our initial email was worded a bit too rigidly. Apologies for that.
Can you check the payout settings page as well?

It seems like we are being forced into using Payoneer.

I have been one of the biggest supporters of ALLOWING PAYONEER payouts but this does not mean we should have ONLY PAYONEER options.

So what changed my perspective about Payoneer?

They blocked my card I have been using for a year now without any dubious transactions, their customer support sucks and Transferwise (Wise) gives me way better rates.

Instead of making it feel like bank transfer is being replaced by Payoneer why not add a fourth option in preferred payout as Payoneer - so that we have Bank transfer, Paypal, crypto and Payoneer?

Please fix this!

•••
Payoneer charges up to 2% for withdrawals.
Do you perhaps also know how they deal with exchange rates, which sometimes also include hidden costs? (as is the case with PayPal).

Before today I was personally unfamiliar with using Payoneer, but the more I read, the more I want to get back to the situation as it was before.

Last edited:
•••
Do you perhaps also know how they deal with exchange rates, which sometimes also include hidden costs? (as is the case with Paypal).

Before today I was personally unfamiliar with using Payoneer, but the more I read, the more I lean back to the situation as it was before.
Rates are almost similar to PayPal when it comes to currency exchange

•••
@Future Sensors I am on the same boat as you. I never used them before. I am just researching right now. The reviews I am reading isn't so great.

My question to Dan is why fix something that isn't broken?

•••
•••
Dan already sent out this

We’d like to correct something about the messaging you’ve received about our Payoneer integration.

The normal bank wire flow that you’re used to will still be available for our users and we will not force any seller to use Payoneer. If you do not wish to work with Payoneer, nothing changes for you. Simply do not create or connect a Payoneer account and your next payouts won’t be impacted.

We will make this clearer in your payout settings so you can choose explicitly if you wish to receive bank wires from Dan or Payoneer. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, however, as always you decide.

Thanks,

Dan

•••
•••
They just messed up in the announcement email.
The old options are still available and you don't have to use Payoneer

Hi John,

We’d like to correct something about the messaging you’ve received about our Payoneer integration.
The normal bank wire flow that you’re used to will still be available for our users and we will not force any seller to use Payoneer. If you do not wish to work with Payoneer, nothing changes for you. Simply do not create or connect a Payoneer account and your next payouts won’t be impacted.
We will make this clearer in your payout settings so you can choose explicitly if you wish to receive bank wires from Dan or Payoneer. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, however, as always you decide.​
Thanks,

Dan​

•••
Some people I know have already enabled with no way to disable. Dan has to provide a disable option

•••

We will make this clearer in your payout settings so you can choose explicitly if you wish to receive bank wires from Dan or Payoneer. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages, however, as always you decide.

Thanks,

Dan
Okay, so sellers who connected to Payoneer today, will have to wait for the option to revert back to the old bank payout settings, I guess.

•••
Is this Payoneer crap for real?

Paynoneer is NOT a bank transfer system, they are more like Paypal and hold money, transfer money, deposit money, and take a fee for these services, just like Paypal.

Dan should be truthful and say "Dan.com no longer supports Bank Transfers and we have now signed on with Payoneer for all currency transactions"

And I love how it's done on Friday with ZERO notice. Great job Dan.

No way I need another surcharging service stealing my money and taking away a percentage of my currency exchange, especially one that is forced on non-US sellers.

Last edited:
•••
Switching to payoneer is wrong. Pure and simple. An unfortunate move.
I will use sedo
in case you disable the old bank transfer payment
which is disabled in my account now

you as a broker don't need to know my birth date
and I won't tell it to anyone else than a bank

•••

Did not receive such an email, yet :/

Got it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back