Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just got my first "Price Request" on Dan.com and discovered that all we get to see is the name of the person who submitted the request (which may or may not be accurate). I thought we would at least get to see the IP Address. @DAN.COM why do we not get to see their IP Address? What happened to that?

•••
Yes, same here. Also, I tried to change my setting from Buy Now + Make Offer to Request Price, but the landing pages are not updated, and if you search for the domain at Dan.com, it shows a BIN of $0, but with the previous monthly installments...
Hi @Embrand,

We have tried to reproduce it but everything is working on our end as expected.

Could you retry to make the changes and if the problem is encountered again, provide a screenshot to [email protected] to illustrate the problem?

We will look into it for you.

•••
•••
Good morning @meanieme,

Thank you for checking in with us.

We want to make sure that the process to get started or add more domain names is as frictionless as possible for our users. We trust that no one will add any names they do not own as there simply is no benefit for anyone to list domain names they have no control over. Not only because such a name cannot be sold but also because there is no fraud to be committed. Without the delivery of such a domain name, there will be no payout and the buyer in that sense is always protected.

That being said, we also have our own verification methods that er being performed once a name gets listed.

Have a great day.

Makes perfect sense. I like how easy and intuitive Dan is for listing domains. That's why I've moved all my domains to Dan now.

•••
No offers at Dan anymore,.. because our domains don't resolve in less than 30 seconds.
Traffic is down in the last 2 months on all domains also. So, problem might be with some (most?) IPs, and not all. Dan is perfectly ok with this.
(Dynadot had a bug, we warned them many times using diffrerent methods, they said everything ok, until someone else also complained about the same thing, and then they fixed it.)
I can hear "it is all in your head". One more person needs to complain about it, then maybe something can be done.

Last edited:
•••
No offers at Dan anymore,.. because our domains don't resolve in less than 30 seconds.
Traffic is down in the last 2 months on all domains also. So, problem might be with some (most?) IPs, and not all. Dan is perfectly ok with this.
(Dynadot had a bug, we warned them many times using diffrerent methods, they said everything ok, until someone else also complained about the same thing, and then they fixed it.)
I can hear "it is all in your head". One more person needs to complain about it, then maybe something can be done.

u mean it takes 30secs to.load.dan lander? I'm going thru bodis banner..kinda faster for me than 30secs

here is test

www.wrz.co

this one.tier2.so.goes to.dan direct

•••
I ping some of my domains every minutes and have not any problem, but it's from same servers.
Could you let us know if you find a web service from which you can see resolving problems ?

•••
Is it only my IP, or half of all IPs in the world, having this problem. How can I know. This is a new problem, maybe a few weeks or a few months old problem. It might be related to external services (bot blocker, spam blocker, cloudflare? (I hate it when I visit a site I 'm first shown a cloudflare screen, or captcha))

•••
I also have many resolving issues with Dan. Many . For many months.

I am unsure after drastic effort to find core issue. Only patten I found is it is often browser related.

•••
Do you have a domain as example that takes long to load?

•••
I think all domains load very slowly here (if parked at Dan).
Should we also use undeveloped nameservers, or use only those. May be worth trying.

•••
•••
I loaded up over 1200 domains on DAN.COM -
many meta_.com, nft_.com domains
one word .com, .io, and .ai that are taken in over 80 extensions

this is bit of a test

my domains on afternic are selling well - 12 sales already this yr, 2022

just would like to see how dan.com does for a trial period

sedo has been slow for me

used to sell over 30 domains a year there, w/average sale at 7250 usd

only afternic and brokers are ringing the bell for me

i've been selling domains since 1999...let's see how this yr shakes out

•••
I loaded up over 1200 domains on DAN.COM -
many meta_.com, nft_.com domains
one word .com, .io, and .ai that are taken in over 80 extensions

this is bit of a test

my domains on afternic are selling well - 12 sales already this yr, 2022

just would like to see how dan.com does for a trial period

sedo has been slow for me

used to sell over 30 domains a year there, w/average sale at 7250 usd

only afternic and brokers are ringing the bell for me

i've been selling domains since 1999...let's see how this yr shakes out

ahhh.. the perks of being early bird...always get the finest worms lol

may kindly.ask.u approximate avg age of yer folio.names por favor... spasiba

•••

@LaszloSchenk can u kindly comment?

•••
•••
Suddenly I am receiving my payments from DAN in my bank account the same day they are sent. It used to take two business days. That is a good improvement!

•••
Does anyone have problems adding Dan.com's NS3 in Godaddy? I tried for two days without success to add my NS3 (verification-*.ns3.dan.hosting where * is my unique ID) to Godaddy hosted domains and got this error message from GD: "There was a problem updating your nameservers. This nameserver is not registered. Please reach out to your DNS provider to fix this issue." I had no problem before adding the NS3 but it seems GD does not like it now. Any hint?

•••
Does anyone have problems adding Dan.com's NS3 in Godaddy? I tried for two days without success to add my NS3 (verification-*.ns3.dan.hosting where * is my unique ID) to Godaddy hosted domains and got this error message from GD: "There was a problem updating your nameservers. This nameserver is not registered. Please reach out to your DNS provider to fix this issue." I had no problem before adding the NS3 but it seems GD does not like it now. Any hint?
It used to be possible using Godaddy, but no longer. At other registrars, it's still possible, so it's a Godaddy thing / check, that has been introduced recently.

See also https://www.namepros.com/threads/cant-import-my-domain-name-to-dan.1260172/#post-8469264

Last edited:
•••
It used to be possible using Godaddy, but no longer. At other registrars, it's still possible, so it's a Godaddy thing / check, that has been introduced recently.

See also https://www.namepros.com/threads/cant-import-my-domain-name-to-dan.1260172/#post-8469264
Thanks for the quick response. So NS3 does not work with Godaddy any more.

Found the bulk TXT record edit way at: https://www.namepros.com/threads/ho...t-records-for-ownership-verification.1202028/

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Would it be possible to inform buyers who opended a lead when a price is changing/lowered ?
I dont know if any other marketplace do that ?

•••
•••
Suddenly I am receiving my payments from DAN in my bank account the same day they are sent. It used to take two business days. That is a good improvement!

it doesnt work like that for everyone and or every payment.

•••
ahhh.. the perks of being early bird...always get the finest worms lol

may kindly.ask.u approximate avg age of yer folio.names por favor... spasiba
2004 for .com, i'd guess
2016 for .ai, circa
2010 for .io,circa
2008 for .me

•••
This recent reply is why Dan absolutely requires a CLOSE & DELETE TRANSACTION button:

"fuck you, i had this domain for $10 a year and you swiped it when i forgot to renew, domain squatters eat shit"

No way domain sellers should have to put up with this garbage, without any facility to end and delete the transaction.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back