IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
crnk.jpg

1st. Choose the correct category

•••
Show attachment 193897

1st. Choose the correct category

We didn't choose that :).

Thanks, everyone for your submissions so far! Most likely the winning pick is already mentioned in the thread. Good luck to all participants!

•••
•••
•••
I have been experimenting with forwarding traffic to DAN using a portion of my domains, and it's not been at all positive. 4 offers so far, and all from hobos.

I truly feel the DAN landing pages are way too generic and offer little to no information or buying incentive. I would recommend following the market leaders and incorporating these:

1) Monthly Traffic Stats on a 30-day revolving window or Calendar month basis . The only traffic stat option is really weird, providing Weekly stats, which in reality would only benefit a tiny number of extremely-high-type-in .COMs. A domain that might get 200-300 monthly views has no reason to display weekly traffic, especially as the industry standard is monthly. These stats shouldn't be geared for backlink buyers, but towards end user buyers, which are the obvious goal.

2) The Number of Bids/Offers on that Domain. This is incredibly important, and I have sold several domains at Sedo and GD, whereby a potential buyer keeps offering increasing bids (thus adding to the Bid Number stat on the lander) and then suddenly a second party takes interest and joins in. Or a second bidder comes in later, and doesn't scoff when I state I've received better offers. When a potential buyer sees there has been verifiable demand for a domain, that's a call to action, as well as providing the domain with some level of validation.

Last edited:
•••
Your search panel is horrible, I can't filter domains as buy now, make offer or etc

•••
Last edited:
•••
I have been experimenting with forwarding traffic to DAN using a portion of my domains, and it's not been at all positive. 4 offers so far, and all from hobos.

I truly feel the DAN landing pages are way too generic and offer little to no information or buying incentive. I would recommend following the market leaders and incorporating these:

1) Monthly Traffic Stats on a 30-day revolving window or Calendar month basis . The only traffic stat option is really weird, providing Weekly stats, which in reality would only benefit a tiny number of extremely-high-type-in .COMs. A domain that might get 200-300 monthly views has no reason to display weekly traffic, especially as the industry standard is monthly. These stats shouldn't be geared for backlink buyers, but towards end user buyers, which are the obvious goal.

2) The Number of Bids/Offers on that Domain. This is incredibly important, and I have sold several domains at Sedo and GD, whereby a potential buyer keeps offering increasing bids (thus adding to the Bid Number stat on the lander) and then suddenly a second party takes interest and joins in. Or a second bidder comes in later, and doesn't scoff when I state I've received better offers. When a potential buyer sees there has been verifiable demand for a domain, that's a call to action, as well as providing the domain with some level of validation.

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback. I will make sure to relay it to our product team.

Have a great week.

•••
So let's play a game! The Namepros user that guesses the month when Dan.com for the first time attracts more unique visitors overall than Sedo according to Similarweb wins a $500 prize!

The rules are simple, simply mention the month and year (for example September 2021) in this thread and no duplicate guesses are allowed by different NPers so get your guess in fast!

May 2022

Last edited:
•••
The rules are simple, simply mention the month and year (for example September 2021) in this thread and no duplicate guesses are allowed by different NPers so get your guess in fast!

June 2022

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would like to report an issue which became kind of annoying.

For few months, when I submit names that appear to sit in other peoples' accounts, and use verification nameserver, it never works. So each time I have to ask the support to manually add names to my account. This time, again, few days passed since I submitted a name and put verification nameserver. Nothing happened yet, despite it is written, "Once you've added the verification nameserver, we will automatically check daily if you've become the new owner of a domain listed at DAN.COM and move those domains to your account."

Usually I wait for about 10 days before I contact support, but I guess it makes no sense to wait further, as it likely won't work anyway.

Last edited:
•••
I would like to report an issue which became kind of annoying.

For few months, when I submit names that appear to sit in other peoples' accounts, and use verification nameserver, it never works. So each time I have to ask the support to manually add names to my account. This time, again, few days passed since I submitted a name and put verification nameserver. Nothing happened yet, despite it is written, "Once you've added the verification nameserver, we will automatically check daily if you've become the new owner of a domain listed at DAN.COM and move those domains to your account."

Usually I wait for about 10 days before I contact support, but I guess it makes no sense to wait further, as it likely won't work anyway.
Dear @kriss05

Thank you for contacting us.

The ownership verification should take no longer than 24 hours on average before it takes full effect if configured correctly. Could you mention one domain that you are trying to move to your portfolio?

I look forward to hearing from you.

•••
I seem to be attracting deadbeat hobos like flies, and I am just wondering a) how long until DAN cancels a transaction for non-payment and b) how can the seller request a cancellation.

I ask because on other venues, if the seller doesn't request it, the unpaid transaction can just sit there forever.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I seem to be attracting deadbeat hobos like flies, and I am just wondering a) how long until DAN cancels a transaction for non-payment and b) how can the seller request a cancellation.

I ask because on other venues, if the seller doesn't request it, the unpaid transaction can just sit there forever.

Thanks.
Dear @DomainRecap

This is not the case. You have both the option to contact our support or use your transaction window to ask for an agreement to get terminated. In turn, our account management team also recommends the relisting of any such domain, when needed, in case a buyer no longer responds to their follow-up emails and phone calls.

Regards,

•••
Hi @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

Forgive me if this has been answered.

You have a rough estimate of when DAN 2.0 will be available?
Thank You,

DomainBarracks

EDIT. Just seen your comment on Twitter. Answered my own question. :) Dayss

:) @DAN.COM

Last edited:
•••
•••
Know your rights everyone and demand your registrar to never lock your domains without your consent:

https://www.internetcommerce.org/understanding-domain-name-transfer-locks/

It's a universal right for domain registrants to be able to transfer their domains to another registrar. When your registrar does not allow it, raise your voice and demand changes.

At Dan, we've started discussions with the Dutch government to assist us with making a case at the EU consumer protection division to demand domain portability to become a universal right for all domain registrants.

However, this process will take a while before a universal free domain portability policy is introduced. Meanwhile, it's important for all domain registrants to stop accepting lock-ins by registrars after domain pushes, ownership changes, and transfer-ins.

The community has the power of change. Let's make use of it!

•••
October 2022

Last edited:
•••
Know your rights everyone and demand your registrar to never lock your domains without your consent:

https://www.internetcommerce.org/understanding-domain-name-transfer-locks/

It's a universal right for domain registrants to be able to transfer their domains to another registrar. When your registrar does not allow it, raise your voice and demand changes.

At Dan, we've started discussions with the Dutch government to assist us with making a case at the EU consumer protection division to demand domain portability to become a universal right for all domain registrants.

However, this process will take a while before a universal free domain portability policy is introduced. Meanwhile, it's important for all domain registrants to stop accepting lock-ins by registrars after domain pushes, ownership changes, and transfer-ins.

The community has the power of change. Let's make use of it!

What about newly registered domains? That's more important than all the other conditions.

•••
There has to be some level of protection, otherwise the social-engineering scammers will just run rampant, and suddenly people will be complaining that a CSR let all their newly-purchased expired domains go to a Nigerian warlord, who then proceeded to transfer them all over the world and back.

The reality of a "no 60-day hold" world would be a very dark one indeed.

•••
From my past experience, NS verification method doesn't work properly for some TLDs.
Probably, TXT is more reliable option.

Last edited:
•••

Thanks.
On Sedo 6 days are allowed for payment.
Then you may ask your transfer manager to cancel it.

I did the same on DAN many times as well.

Last edited:
•••
What about newly registered domains? That's more important than all the other conditions.
Donuts domains can be transferred at any time.
No any locks there.

•••
From my past experience, NS verification method doesn't work properly for some TLDs.
Probably, TXT is more reliable option.

Curious with which TLDs you were experiencing this. I can imagine that there are some special TLDs that don't allow a third nameserver to be added (delegated to). What I would try for proving ownership in that unusual case, is temporarily leaving out ns2.dan.com, and just use ns1.dan.com + the *.dan.hosting verification nameserver. Then, after successful verification, change it to ns1.dan.com and ns2.dan.com only. I guess that should work, but haven't tried this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back