Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was on DAN side.
Were no any issues to add 3rd nameserver there.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
How/where can I get the TXT code for domain ownership verification?
Someone listed my domains on DAN with BIN far less than my asking price. I submitted the domains to be added to my portfolio, but were rejected.

•••
•••
Thanks, @Jurgen Wolf
I got it.
I'll suggest DAN moves/duplicates this vital info to the portfolio page, at the bottom. This is logical, because I can see nameservers, blockchain ID on that page and can't understand why TXT code should be a hide and seek game on an obscure page.

Last edited:
•••
The TXT verification works fine (I just processed 3 last night) and if it doesn't get through the first time, submit it the next day, as the DAN servers might have been working with old/unrefreshed DNS data the first time. If DAN doesn't find the TXT file when you first submit the domains, the request seems to disappear.

That happened to me recently, and I just resubmitted the 1 missing domain the next day, and it was added almost immediately.

•••
Does DAN 2.0 support the internal balance and withdrawal of custom amount?

•••
There has to be some level of protection, otherwise the social-engineering scammers will just run rampant, and suddenly people will be complaining that a CSR let all their newly-purchased expired domains go to a Nigerian warlord, who then proceeded to transfer them all over the world and back.

The reality of a "no 60-day hold" world would be a very dark one indeed.

For protection, a 7-15 days lock + login email/sms notifications should be more than enough to get an order to prevent this kind of transferring. Not a ridiculously long 60 days/2 whole months which is explicitly designed to prevent domainers from making money.

•••
Thanks, @Jurgen Wolf
I got it.
I'll suggest DAN moves/duplicates this vital info to the portfolio page, at the bottom. This is logical, because I can see nameservers, blockchain ID on that page and can't understand why TXT code should be a hide and seek game on an obscure page.
Good morning @Josytal,

Thank you for your feedback.

I will make sure to relay it to our product team.

•••
The TXT verification works fine (I just processed 3 last night) and if it doesn't get through the first time, submit it the next day, as the DAN servers might have been working with old/unrefreshed DNS data the first time. If DAN doesn't find the TXT file when you first submit the domains, the request seems to disappear.

That happened to me recently, and I just resubmitted the 1 missing domain the next day, and it was added almost immediately.
Good morning DomainRecap,

That is correct. You would have to combine our nameservers with the nameserver verification or the A-record parking with the TXT verification and give it roughly 24 hours to have the domains automatically move over to your portfolio. However, you do need to make sure to have the automated verification checker box checked in the ownership verification section of your general settings.

If anyone does experience any issues with the automated ownership verification after implementing these steps it would be great to contact our support desk. We will be able to investigate and resolve the issue.

Have a great day!

•••
•••
For protection, a 7-15 days lock + login email/sms notifications should be more than enough to get an order to prevent this kind of transferring. Not a ridiculously long 60 days/2 whole months which is explicitly designed to prevent domainers from making money.

I think that's too short but 30-days might be a good compromise between security and flexibility.

•••
Hi,

I noticed today that if I go to my domain name pointed at Dan nameservers, my anti-virus Bitdefender treats the webpage as a threat.

Why are DAN nameservers listed as a threat with Bitdefender?

•••
Hi,

I noticed today that if I go to my domain name pointed at Dan nameservers, my anti-virus Bitdefender treats the webpage as a threat.

Good morning @dustbin-beaver,

Thank you for notifying us.

Which domain is involved? I will make sure to look into it as this often happens when a domain was marked by an anti-virus provider in the past.

I look forward to hearing from you.

•••
Suggestion for DAN 2.0:

On Buy-it-Now listings the "Make Offer" section is mostly hidden and very hard to find. I set a BIN and initially thought the BIN negated an Offer option until did a search.

There is no highlighting around the Offer section, no open field to enter the Price, and it's not a optimal design if you desire a 50/50 BIN/Offer format.

And also the obvious ability to set each domain auction individually, which I'm sure is part of 2.0.

Last edited:
•••
Suggestion for DAN 2.0:

On Buy-it-Now listings the "Make Offer" section is mostly hidden and very hard to find. I set a BIN and initially thought the BIN negated an Offer option until did a search.

There is no highlighting around the Offer section, no open field to enter the Price, and it's not a optimal design if you desire a 50/50 BIN/Offer format.

And also the obvious ability to set each domain auction individually, which I'm sure is part of 2.0.
Good morning @DomainRecap,

Thank you for your suggestion. This indeed will be clearer with the launch of Dan 2.0.

Have a great day!

•••
Some people would remember Payoneer canceling dan payouts after reviewing it for a week, that happened to someone I know personally again.

Just sharing it here so that Payoneer users are aware of this, I remember this resulted in global payments services being blocked for few users.

I hope and wish that @DAN.COM integrates Payoneer on an urgent basis, we've been requesting this for some good months now and don't see any update yet.

Maybe @LaszloSchenk you can speak with your contacts in Payoneer and resolve these issues that have arised again after few months.

•••
Okay, after a few deadbeats and false starts, I finally made my first sale on DAN.

Unfortunately, I woke up to an email offer at 6:30-7AM, stumbled out of bed half-asleep and started negotiating, and agreeing on a price, all the while either forgetting that the domain was still under 60-day lock or confusing it with another one that I've owned for a while.

I've never pulled this before (I've pushed on private sales, but never through a venue), but it's certainly not a good way to start the morning...

5fuj6d.jpg

But after outlining my "I need a time machine" screw-up, the Broker at DAN was very fast, efficient and competent, fixing it all up with the buyer, and allowing me to push the domain to its new owner. The transfer has been confirmed and the money was just paid out, and I was amazed by the speed, especially as this wasn't a fast-transfer .COM, but a ccTLD with a 60-day lock.

You never know how service & support really work until you hit a few snags, and DAN gets a AAA rating from me on this one.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Some people would remember Payoneer canceling dan payouts after reviewing it for a week, that happened to someone I know personally again.

Just sharing it here so that Payoneer users are aware of this, I remember this resulted in global payments services being blocked for few users.

I hope and wish that @DAN.COM integrates Payoneer on an urgent basis, we've been requesting this for some good months now and don't see any update yet.

Maybe @LaszloSchenk you can speak with your contacts in Payoneer and resolve these issues that have arised again after few months.
Good morning @UmerK,

Thank you for your post.

I am personally not involved in this but I will relay your message to the appropriate colleagues within Dan. We have been working hard on many new developments that are bound to be released shortly. That being said, we are working on the integration still!

Have a great weekend ahead.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Same here today - I use Bitdefender also and am getting threat messages when I try to view domains with Dan. Can we have an update on this issue as bitdefender is widely used and I don't want visitors to get this message. Thanks

•••
Got a weird email from DAN this morning and it essentially stated:

"The $X,XXX offer you received on DOMAIN has expired."

That's all well and good, but there was never an option to accept it after I countered (and we sent several messages back and forth), so what is the use of the email? Is there a "secret method" of accepting these old offers?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, really annoying notifications.
Only on DAN such behaviour.

p.s. To prevent them: firstly deny the buyer's bid, then counter.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back