IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a buyer that purchased and paid for a domain (.shop extension) last week. But sofar he hasn't completed the transfer of the domain. Even though two reminders have been sent.

On the website nothing is mentioned about a situation like this. I guess it doesn't happen too often. :)

So I'm wondering if the above quote from Lazlo (which is pretty much the only related info I could find) is still correct? Meaning if the buyer doesn't reply in 14 days, Dan will transfer the domain to their own registrar and pay out the funds to my account.

@LaszloSchenk Do you happen to have an answer to the above as well?

•••
Hi All,
Just wanna ask if there is anyone outside USA facing issue with payment from dan.com to payoneer?

•••
Anyone's stats updates fine?
Listed some names on the 7th, still show 0 views but when I click on each one individually it changes.

•••
Listed some names on the 7th, still show 0 views but when I click on each one individually it changes.
Same here. I haven't see it update the views in the last 2-3 days.

•••
Hi All,
Just wanna ask if there is anyone outside USA facing issue with payment from dan.com to payoneer?
I'm one of them, Payoneer account half damaged since then. Are you getting verification requests from Payoneer?

•••

That seems to happen quite a lot lately. I've noticed it as well.

•••
I'm one of them, Payoneer account half damaged since then. Are you getting verification requests from Payoneer?

Hi eternaldomains,

I didn't get any verification requests, just payment that canceled and sweet email that make my day and i quote:

"Unfortunately, payments from DAN DOMAIN TRANSFER FOUN to your Wirecard EUR receiving account are no longer supported. Therefore, your payment was not processed.

The payment will be returned within 7-10 business days to DAN DOMAIN TRANSFER FOUN and you will not be charged a fee for it."

i did contact payoneer only bot that replied with generic answers from help center and for dan they have to wait till the payment returned to take any actions, but there is no clear information why this happened and this is what am trying to get understand,

any information's about this issue?

Last edited:
•••
A lot of messages regarding payment not recieving at payoneer, why does DAN not implement Payoneer as a payout option and be done with it. This screenshot is from Undeveloped Experience thread!

20210113_081047.jpg

Last edited:
•••
A lot of messages regarding payment not recieving at payoneer, why does DAN not implement Payoneer as a payout option and be done with it. This screenshot is from Undeveloped Experience thread!

Show attachment 179077

Quick update on this, we've yesterday received a confirmation from Payoneer that our account has been fully verified. We now have a corporate account with them and we've planned a full Payoneer integration to solve the problems you have been facing.

We also understand that Payoneer is preferred above Paypal since Paypal is shutting down domain seller accounts like crazy without giving their users any proper reason.

Do note that we hear you at all times, but we cannot jump from projects constantly considering our huge product roadmap and have to plan things carefully to keep bringing you a continuously better service.

Last edited:
•••
I have a buyer that purchased and paid for a domain (.shop extension) last week. But sofar he hasn't completed the transfer of the domain. Even though two reminders have been sent.

On the website nothing is mentioned about a situation like this. I guess it doesn't happen too often. :)

So I'm wondering if the above quote from Lazlo (which is pretty much the only related info I could find) is still correct? Meaning if the buyer doesn't reply in 14 days, Dan will transfer the domain to their own registrar and pay out the funds to my account.
Good morning @NTLK,

Yes, the rules still apply. We call and email the buyer quite frequently those days before moving the domain to our own registrar.

Best regards,

•••
Good morning,

This is correct and our apologies for the confusion. We have encountered a minor problem with the traffic display and a fix was launched by our product team yesterday. The problems should be resolved throughout the day and your traffic stats will be restored.

Have a great day.

•••
Ouch, this sucks and becomes a little like Flippa before they went downhill.

What's the threshold ?

Edit* - I've had a look all over the place, couldn't find where to upload ID in the settings. Personally I sold in five figures at Dan so far and they never asked for an ID or utility bill so ... are you sure?
Good morning,

As we grow our sales volume, we have to at all times ensure we maintain high marketplace integrity that we’re compliant with US, EU, and International law. We do this, so we but also our users never get confronted with unwanted surprises as we’re building a company that will be around for decades.
That’s why some users have to submit specific KYC documentation so we can validate who we’re dealing with from a financial point of view and what triggers this varies per seller account.
This is standard practice nowadays on all legitimate marketplaces that handle transactions between third parties.

If you’re a DAN seller for a while, you know we have a very open approach with our users and that we will never engage in over-compliance like Paypal is doing at the moment for example. However, we’re also a company that has to abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which we operate.

We cannot share with you publicly what our policy is now since it changes with the movements of the ever-changing laws that we have to work with and to prevent abuse of our internal flagging system.

•••
Good morning,

As we grow our sales volume, we have to at all times ensure we maintain high marketplace integrity that we’re compliant with US, EU, and International law. We do this, so we but also our users never get confronted with unwanted surprises as we’re building a company that will be around for decades.
That’s why some users have to submit specific KYC documentation so we can validate who we’re dealing with from a financial point of view and what triggers this varies per seller account.
This is standard practice nowadays on all legitimate marketplaces that handle transactions between third parties.

If you’re a DAN seller for a while, you know we have a very open approach with our users and that we will never engage in over-compliance like Paypal is doing at the moment for example. However, we’re also a company that has to abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which we operate.

We cannot share with you publicly what our policy is now since it changes with the movements of the ever-changing laws that we have to work with and to prevent abuse of our internal flagging system.

I see, makes sense.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this!

•••
Quick update on this, we've yesterday received a confirmation from Payoneer that our account has been fully verified. We now have a corporate account with them and we've planned a full Payoneer integration to solve the problems you have been facing.

We also understand that Payoneer is preferred above Paypal since Paypal is shutting down domain seller accounts like crazy without giving their users any proper reason.

Do note that we hear you at all times, but we cannot jump from projects constantly considering our huge product roadmap and have to plan things carefully to keep bringing you a continuously better service.

Hi Dan,

If i may ask, is this mean that payment should go smoothly from now, or it will in the feature once you implement the automated backend for it?

Thank you for hearing us at all times.

•••
Unfortunately, payments from DAN DOMAIN TRANSFER FOUN to your Wirecard EUR receiving account are no longer supported. Therefore, your payment was not processed.

This latest message is more disturbing compared to earlier emails I've gotten. I've never received this type of response earlier ("no longer supported"). But maybe it's better, since it's immediate and didn't result in damaging your account.

Can't do anything at this point, if you need the cash now you'll have to choose a different payout method, if you can hold on then just wait for DAN>Payoneer official integration. At any rate once 7-10 business days have passed just ask Simon if the payment returned and if so let him know your choice. You can always ask to hold payment if you can wait.

Good luck mate.

@UmerK are you still getting payments lately from DAN>Payoneer?

•••
Hi Dan,

If i may ask, is this mean that payment should go smoothly from now, or it will in the feature once you implement the automated backend for it?

Thank you for hearing us at all times.

We've asked Payoneer for a final confirmation and will update you.

Please note the issue caused is not on our end but on Payoneer's end. So we're working with them to solve this problem but they are the company that has to resolve the problem they initiated.

•••
This latest message is more disturbing compared to earlier emails I've gotten. I've never received this type of response earlier ("no longer supported"). But maybe it's better, since it's immediate and didn't result in damaging your account.

Can't do anything at this point, if you need the cash now you'll have to choose a different payout method, if you can hold on then just wait for DAN>Payoneer official integration. At any rate once 7-10 business days have passed just ask Simon if the payment returned and if so let him know your choice. You can always ask to hold payment if you can wait.

Good luck mate.

@UmerK are you still getting payments lately from DAN>Payoneer?

Sorry to hear that mate, i wish you a full recovery as soon as possible,

after more digging i did found that payoneer since 8/1/2021 is only accepting wirecard eur global transfer from approved payment sources (https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18786#Wirecard)
i think this is have something with do business europe policy changes as we did see for the last few years.

can i use paypal? knowing that it will transfer the fund to payoneer, is this will work? i know it will cost another 4% but we don't all have a lot of choices because the challenges that we are facing in our countries.

thank you so much for the advice, i really appreciate it.

•••
We've asked Payoneer for a final confirmation and will update you.

Please note the issue caused is not on our end but on Payoneer's end. So we're working with them to solve this problem but they are the company that has to resolve the problem they initiated.

Thank you for the effort that you are making for the industry and for us and this is way our mates trust you as partner, and i fully understand where is the issue now, but i did hope at least getting some information lead from support and not spending 2 days digging like bland man about what's wrong.

•••
Sorry to hear that mate, i wish you a full recovery as soon as possible,

after more digging i did found that payoneer since 8/1/2021 is only accepting wirecard eur global transfer from approved payment sources (https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18786#Wirecard)
i think this is have something with do business europe policy changes as we did see for the last few years.

can i use paypal? knowing that it will transfer the fund to payoneer, is this will work? i know it will cost another 4% but we don't all have a lot of choices because the challenges that we are facing in our countries.

thank you so much for the advice, i really appreciate it.
You're welcome mate.

I used their Citibank in Ireland, now I wonder if that could be a hidden factor. @UmerK @BrandVenue don't mind letting us know which bank you used for the Global Payment Service?

You can use PP, the payment to Payoneer is already reversed and on the way back to DAN so it'll basically be no different than if you asked PP payouts from the start. Just days wasted in this case.

•••
You're welcome mate.

I used their Citibank in Ireland, now I wonder if that could be a hidden factor. @UmerK @BrandVenue don't mind letting us know which bank you used for the Global Payment Service?

You can use PP, the payment to Payoneer is already reversed and on the way back to DAN so it'll basically be no different than if you asked PP payouts from the start. Just days wasted in this case.

I received one payment couple of days back and it went smoothly.

I should receive 2 more payouts in couple of days and it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

I did provide payoneer information about dan, my account, relationship with dan and a lot of screenshots to prove what I'm doing is legitimate.

I have been using Citibank account with Ireland address for few weeks without any issues.

Also all of my recent payouts have Undeveloped BV and NOT Dan Transfer foundation.

As mentioned here, the issue is with Payoneer, they've become stricter after Payoneer fiasco.

•••
Good morning,

This is very interesting, I've done about 80K and no such requirements, should I expect one soon?

Can you please answer if these are triggered by individual sales volume?

Also; would regulations of the seller's country apply or other countries?

What documents do you usually require and accept when system triggers this?

•••
just noticed its been updated

•••
Is there any way DAN can make it easier to customize page colors for links, footer, etc? I see there are some settings for color scheme in domain setting, but they don't seem to have any affect when applied. I understand you want to keep branding consistent, but the strange green color of links and footer make it difficult to match nicely with a custom background image.

Screenshot for clarification:
sGZeOsF

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Is there any way DAN can make it easier to customize page colors for links, footer, etc? I see there are some settings for color scheme in domain setting, but they don't seem to have any affect when applied. I understand you want to keep branding consistent, but the strange green color of links and footer make it difficult to match nicely with a custom background image.

Screenshot for clarification:
sGZeOsF

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Good morning @Maxxo,

We do not offer this yet but I will relay the request to our product team. Thank you for granting this example.

Have a great weekend ahead.

•••
This is very interesting, I've done about 80K and no such requirements, should I expect one soon?

Can you please answer if these are triggered by individual sales volume?

Also; would regulations of the seller's country apply or other countries?

What documents do you usually require and accept when system triggers this?
Hi UmerK,

As indicated before, we cannot share any details yet but it is likely it will be required from you considering the number of payouts already received. For KYC we require a few documents confirming your identity.

Have a great weekend.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back