NameSilo

Dammit SEDO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
I had placed my wrz.net at sedo for €200, they take €100 euro if it would be sold. But I placed it there just to find a buyer, now someone have accepted the price and it the domain is allready beeing sold for €200.

I sucks cause I want €300 now so I get €200 after sedo.
What shall I do mail sedo ?

The domain is allready under transaction now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately I think you are in a binding contract. I'm not sure that Sedo will capitulate as they need all the money can!

You do have the opportunity to "cancel" the transaction, but I would double check the terms and conditions prior to doing so.

Good luck.

•••
perhaps you can send an email in the comments box, asking the buyer if they are willing to pay sedo's fee or pay half.
You can always cancel and/or delete the domain from the account. It's not nice though!
In your next listing, make sure you include the transaction fee in your price(s)
Good Luck!

•••
I cant get in contact with the buyer cant see from who the offer is from or anything.

•••
I think you're stuck selling it at 200

•••
Hehe, it aint sold before its sold.

•••
IMHO, you should honor this sale. You knew beforehand about the Sedo fee, so should have worked it into your price.

Aside from the ethical issue, cancelling it now could get you banned from Sedo.

•••
Yeah, I know.
I thought I had make offer not fixed price ;D
But anyway, ill probably just sell it.

•••
If you listed it for 200, you made the committement. IF you can withdraw, it would look bad on you to the buyer and SEDO, and in effect you have made a valid contract. I'm not sure abou their contract, but you may still owe SEDO the $100 even if you retract since they brought you a buyer ready and willing at the price you listed as acceptable. Many contracts are written that way.

Unfortunately, you just have to build the cost into the price you list at, even if it's somewhat high. I've occassionally wished I'd priced things higher, but if it sells low I just take that and move on the the next one.

It is a little ironic that you complain a buyer was brought to you at your listed price. I wish they'd bring me a few more.

BTW, you have it listed at 200 in your sig.

•••
Yeah 200 in the sig not 100 after sedo commision ;D
Eh! I dont care.

•••
i think its a legally binding contract. I dont think you can get out of it.

•••
Originally posted by cmos
Yeah 200 in the sig not 100 after sedo commision ;D
Eh! I dont care.

Sedo has always been set up where the seller pays the fees. Afternic has only switched to that method within the last year. When listing I just make sure I calculate the $100 at sedo and $75 at Afternic into the price.

BTW, It looks like you are obligated to pay sedo if YOU back out:
d) Remuneration Obligation of the User of the Escrow Service and Further Costs
In the case whereby the transfer process has failed due to reasons for which sedo GmbH is not responsible, the user shall still be obliged to pay the remuneration, as long as he/she is responsible for the failure of the process.
Please also note that further costs may arise from the transfer of the domain from buyer to seller, for example for the registration of the acquired domain with the new provider. These payment obligations are to be settled between the customer him/herself and the provider.

Just hope the buyer doesn't come through with payment and you are off the hook.

Good Luck.

•••
Isn't Sedo's fee in Euros now ? At the current exchange rate, this also could also make a considerable difference. I suppose if the dollar rises above the Euro, they could switch back to the $. Gotta keep that pencil sharp.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back