Dynadot

Sedo Buy Now Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

diamondhands

Impact
Background: I've amassed a collection of domains over the last 20-something years. I tend to just buy and hold. Diamondhands. They're primarily interesting to me and most I've registered directly. I did buy a couple via whois contact without an escrow. I've never used a site like Sedo. I've similarly sold some domains, again not via a broker. It's probably appalling to this community, but -- I've never parked/generated income from their traffic. Dumb, I know. Anyway...

Now: There's a domain I'm interested in and it appears to be parked by Sedo. It reads, "The owner of domain.tld is offering it for sale for an asking price of #s EUR!"
When I follow the link there is just a button for "Buy Now" and no apparent way to make an offer for less.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to make an offer for less via Sedo for a domain in this listing state? (it does read "asking price". weird?)
2. If the Buy Now is used and the asking amount is tendered, given that the owner has decisively listed it on their platform in this fashion, does the seller still have all the same options Sedo's help videos describe (to decline/accept/send to auction) that they might with an unsolicited or "make an offer"-type listing?
3. What information about the prospective buyer is shared with the seller during negotiation? (name? country? deposit payment method? IP address? favorite food?)
4. Anything else I should know about Sedo?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Is the DNS set to Sedo? If not I would either inquire to Sedo to verify the listing is up to date or go directly to the lander if pointed elsewhere.

A buy it now only option generally means seller is not entertaining offers. You can also contact via the whois email but this might prompt a price increase if you send a lowball offer.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, the DNS nameservers are NS#.SEDOPARKING.COM

•••
1. Is there a way to make an offer for less via Sedo for a domain in this listing state? (it does read "asking price". weird?)
Hi DH,
sellers on Sedo can activate the option of receiving offers.

Then you get this

2.png

If you don't see the "enter your Best Offer", then the seller doesn't want your Best Offer : )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back