Dynadot
NameSilo
Watch

DaaZ

CRM manager @ DaaZ.comUpgraded Member
Impact
DaaZ.com is a premium domain names marketplace owned by DaaZ Limited, London (UK).

Key vision of DaaZ.com is helping buyers and sellers to transact with each other in a trusted way.

DaaZ.com key focus is end user focused sales and we have been operational since August 2019 and we have made a quite good progress and supported few thousands buyers buying domains via DaaZ and also having around 800+ sellers offering their inventory for sale. We have registered buyer base of 4000+ buyers.

It may not be lot in terms of numbers, we are the youngest marketplace (without any registrar presence). We have made a good reputation and able to build the traction.

How we are different ?

We may not be too different at moment, we are sharing what we believe is our core offerings:
  • We have developed a platform which is having a very good buyers interface, specially helping wholesale or repeated buyers securing domain names.
  • We allow the listings for free, it's open for all sellers (aka domainers) and support 1400+ domain extensions
  • Sellers can run any time auctions. This feature help for regular cash-flow needed by the sellers. (Disclaimer: At present very few end users participate into these auctions, mostly domainers / resellers winning the names )
  • Lowest Success Fee: Our success fee is 8% (with chargeback protection included) is the lowest in the industry offered by any domain name marketplace.
  • We pay to the sellers via PayPal / Wire transfers. No PayPal withdrawal or pay-out fees, all fees covered by DaaZ with in 8% success fee (In short, no indirect fees)
  • We offer live chat support round the clock (Although we are not officially 24/7, we are offering near 24/7 support). We look after our buyers and sellers with great attention.
  • We love automation of the processes; however we do believe the human interaction with the buyers makes a lot of difference. So, we automated what we believe is required to automate and we kept those human interactions with the buyers or sellers where we believe is required to be in place
We are open to listening to our buyers and sellers and improve the platform every month. We are making two improvement releases a month to fix the product related issues and also bringing new features.

We believe our customers are our gods and we help them in all possible means we can. That's clearly reflecting in our customer reviews, we are proud to share we are a new market place however according to Trustpilot we have secured the highest customer trust among all domain name market places in 2020 with 4.9 trust rating : https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/daaz.com

What we believe we need to improve ?

We believe a platform will be never perfect and has to continue to listen to our customers and deliver a platform of their choice. So, we have a clear outlined process to receive the feedback and handle the product improvements effectively
  • We are relatively a young platform, so we have a lot of room to improve on number of features and catch-up, we are addressing the backlog with a lot of passion
  • We are aware that we need to bring the installment plan, rent to own features, also a powerful API to help the bulk sellers. We have clearly these features in our product road-map for 2021.
  • We have a lot more innovative ideas not attempted by any other marketplace, we are focusing to address the industry standard offerings first before moving on delivering these innovative ideas to help the domain investors / sellers
  • We also record every suggestion given by our buyers and sellers, we analyse the feedback, and all the appropriate feedback is getting added to backlog
  • Our road-map is ready for next 5 years and we will do everything possible to help to improve the standards of domain name marketplace
We love to listen to the NamePros community hence we are setting up this Official thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think I saw bitcoins somewhere in the faq...but the chat said they dont do that for now... true?

•••
Thank you for sharing this. So, what's your interpretation of this?

Note that even if they are operating on a shoestring budget, they do appear to be actively innovating at this point. The improvement in the landers is notable.

For myself, the customer service has been excellent. That gives me hope for the future of this company, even if there are financial limitations there currently.

Last edited:
•••
I think I saw bitcoins somewhere in the faq...but the chat said they dont do that for now... true?
We were supporting Bitcoin payments and payouts but has stopped supporting the same. We will certainly bring the support back.

•••
Thank you for sharing this. So, what's your interpretation of this?

Note that even if they are operating on a shoestring budget, they do appear to be actively innovating at this point. The improvement in the landers is notable.

For myself, the customer service has been excellent. That gives me hope for the future of this company, even if there are financial limitations there currently.
True.
DaaZ is a tech start-up and the team working hard round the clock to serve the customers. We have significantly grown in our volumes considering the last filing we have made. We will be doing the new filing up to 31st August 2022 - this filing is due by May 2023. So we are up to date on our financial reporting.

We are extremely confident and will grow at exponential rate in 2023 too.

Last edited:
•••
@DaaZ how to activate "Lease to Own"?

•••
@DaaZ how to activate "Lease to Own"?
https://daaz.com/faq#faq-accordion-one-52

Option1:
Single domain lease to own enabling:
  • Login to your seller account → Visit the “Portfolio” menu
  • Select the domain name you want to list with the “Lease to Own” listing type
  • The lease option works only on the “BIN” or “BIN/Make an offer” price options.
  • Click on the lease period option icon next to the domain name on the portfolio page.
  • A pop-up window appears on the page select the lease period and activates the Lease.
For additional lease to own questions please refer the FAQ section: https://daaz.com/faq --> choose "seller" role.

Option2:
You can also use the bulk edit excel tool.
Download your portfolio from portfolio menu and can edit them as shown in the below screenshot.

1678625932859.png

Option3:
DaaZ APIs can be used too.
https://daaz.com/api-docs

•••
How many names have you sold this year (2023)?
I only see a hand full of names listing with no bid?

•••
How many names have you sold this year (2023)?
I only see a hand full of names listing with no bid?
. Auction is one of the listing types. Make an offer, buy now, daaz secure also other types.

couple of hundreds sales are closed in 2023

•••
Do you have visitor stats on seller dashboard?

•••
Do you have visitor stats on seller dashboard?
traffic report helps you some extent , apart from that you can also use google analytics tracking. A lot of our sellers are using google analytics for detailed and accurate stats.

•••
Is there a way to correct this for the Daaz landers? The following messages are showing up on my Daaz landers:

The connection to XXXXXXXX.com is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS.

Also, for several of the domains the following messages are showing up:

Your connection is not private

Any assistance is appreciate. The Daaz landers are quite nice, but having secure and private connections is likely important nowadays.

Last edited:
•••
Santa domain is showing ssl.
They are nice landers

•••
Santa domain is showing ssl.
They are nice landers
Thanks for checking. It's unclear why this message keeps showing up, but perhaps it's my old computer/browser issue....
Has anyone out there using Daaz landers seen a similar message, about the connection not being secure?

•••
Is there a way to correct this for the Daaz landers? The following messages are showing up on my Daaz landers:

The connection to XXXXXXXX.com is not secure
You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS.

Also, for several of the domains the following messages are showing up:

Your connection is not private

Any assistance is appreciate. The Daaz landers are quite nice, but having secure and private connections is likely important nowadays.
All landers must support SSL by default, feel free to raise a ticket, we will investigate and help you on this one.

•••
One of the Namepros members asked on this forum whether the domain marketplaces have noted that the descriptions matter.

Has Daaz noted any difference in sale success, when thereare good descriptions for the domains present on your landers? Or does it tend to really not matter?

Last edited:
•••
One of the Namepros members asked on this forum whether the domain marketplaces have noted that the descriptions matter.

Has Daaz noted any difference in sale success, when thereare good descriptions for the domains present on your landers? Or does it tend to really not matter?
Honest response : it doesn't matter. Most of the cases they buy just because they need the domain , not because they like the description.

Search engines point of view - a very little advantage, there is so much content on the internet for all strong keywords.. these small description is not going to make any difference to make them appear at the top of the index, at least we want to be honest on that front

Last edited:
•••
•••
I like the new landing page (Simple 2). It looks modern. Maybe you'll modernize the index of your site as well.

Speaking of the homepage, I think there is a bug in the search function on mobile (Android). If you search for a two-word domain and put a space between the words, the search will return no domains (see my screenshot). I tried it on Android with the Chrome browser (latest version).

On desktop, you can't add a space between words.

Also, on Android's Chrome at least, when I'm logged in, I can't see the left-side menu (Dashboard, Portfolio, etc.). The site is not responsive, so I need to switch to the "Desktop site" to see the menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-21-11-09-02-608_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-21-11-09-02-608_com.android.chrome.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
•••
•••
I like the new landing page (Simple 2). It looks modern. Maybe you'll modernize the index of your site as well.

Speaking of the homepage, I think there is a bug in the search function on mobile (Android). If you search for a two-word domain and put a space between the words, the search will return no domains (see my screenshot). I tried it on Android with the Chrome browser (latest version).

On desktop, you can't add a space between words.

Also, on Android's Chrome at least, when I'm logged in, I can't see the left-side menu (Dashboard, Portfolio, etc.). The site is not responsive, so I need to switch to the "Desktop site" to see the menu.
At moment its designed not to allow spaces in searchbar - as auto suggestion tool immediately recommending the domain names matching the search word. Perhaps an opportunity to improve to allow the spaces between words.

I will pass your feedback to our product team and will request them to consider into the future improvements.

•••
All landers must support SSL by default, feel free to raise a ticket, we will investigate and help you on this one.
When Https-only mode is set in the browser, that is the message thrown. For ex:
Screenshot_20230624-110449.png

•••
I'm using Dazz for my Liquidation Sale, so when I set Daaz dns, they redirect to Daaz sales page with SSL, see att
For me all works fine, I like to use Daaz, also support is awesome.
1687600757880.png

Last edited:
•••
When Https-only mode is set in the browser, that is the message thrown. For ex:
Show attachment 241190
And apart from this, I would like to confirm regarding the featured listing. It is mentioned in the FAQ that 'Featured listing domain names will be advertised on social media websites as well.'
May I know how's that? Is that through FB / Twitter ads or through your SM handles?

•••
Anyone here have name(s) sold from Daaz?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back