Domain Empire

Custom Whypark sites

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just wondering if any of you guys have built custom sites on why park. Is it possible to use an IDE (like dreamweaver) to add my custom content, or do I have to just edit the code? :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
StantheMan said:
So far, I have only worked on some graphics (check out the headers below) to give them a more professional look. I also don't want them to appear to be stock templates so that some directories might reject them.

I created the headers with a small graphics program (Ulead), and created a graphic header file that is 740 X 180. Then I just copied out to the web and then copied and pasted the picture properties (location) into the layout function within Whypark. It took me a few minutes to find it - but it can be hand edited in the CSS file (also change the header file height to 180 from 100). The Title will still automatically print on top of the graphic for you. All you have to do is leave a space in your graphic. You can also change the text location from left to center. Don't worry about messing up the file. All you have to do is edit it again and select a default and it will replace and reload the original layout.

Next step is to submit to some search engines and directories - and also Google Site Maps. Then we'll see what kind of traffic the project will generate.

Thanks heaps for the information. Yours sites look great with the picture headers. I will definitely be implementing this to my sites as I have around 40 WhyPark sites now (like the ones in my signature). This will make them look much more professional. I have added rep points and donated some NP$ for your helpful information.

•••
healymedia said:
AnySEO.com
I have an SEO-based site (seosoar.com) @ WhyPark and noticed AnySEO.com is having the same problem as mine in serving up Public Service ads for articles found beyond the index page. Irks me because the articles are full of relevant content.

•••
Hey,
AnySEO.com did have that for a while, but that tends to happen with a lot of brand new sites just because the Google Ads program isnt sure what the site is "about" yet.

AnySEO.com is now showing relevant ads. Your site will too soon no doubt.

•••
On some of these custom sites I see links to other pages. How can you set up pages? Do you add new content page than link to it, and do the main edit is CSS?

•••
I was wondering if anyoune knows whether you can change the colour of psrt of the text when you're entering your own articles, and also the size of the text?

•••
Stan which Ulead app are you using?

•••
hey
played aroun 4 like 5 10 mins on photoshop and came up with a header for my whypark page.. but a pal told me he doesn't see the header image.. so jus checkin this page.. been a regular reader on namepros, joined now :)

http://www.financejargon.com

any comments on the template in general is welcome, but in particluar i wanna kno if the image can be seen at least..

thnaks for ur time guys..

•••
•••
Hi Guys,

I just made a lot of changes to cancerreports.org . can you guys check it out and let me know of the fonts and colors are ok on your end?

•••
mrizos said:
Hi Guys,

I just made a lot of changes to cancerreports.org . can you guys check it out and let me know of the fonts and colors are ok on your end?

Looks nice. The font size seems a bit large for me. Also, the adsense ads really stand out as ads. Why not try changing the adsense ad title color to #666666 and the ad url to black. :)

•••
Yeah, good suggestion. I made those changes. Thanks Varon. ;)

Varon said:
Looks nice. The font size seems a bit large for me. Also, the adsense ads really stand out as ads. Why not try changing the adsense ad title color to #666666 and the ad url to black. :)

•••
Looks cool now. But what do you think about the reverse C format of adsense ads on the upper fold? It looks like a lot of adsense units. You have one link unit, a skyscraper and a rectangle in the top fold. It kind of seems like a heavy adsense block.

•••
Agreed. Check this change out. I had to look for the adsense blocks :gl:

Varon said:
Looks cool now. But what do you think about the reverse C format of adsense ads on the upper fold? It looks like a lot of adsense units. You have one link unit, a skyscraper and a rectangle in the top fold. It kind of seems like a heavy adsense block.

•••
mrizos said:
Agreed. Check this change out. I had to look for the adsense blocks :gl:

:) Yup. Much better. Very nice. Btw, is thecancernews.info your blog? It actually looks very nice.

•••
Good Deal, thx. Yeah, it's my blog (but it's just a template :red: )

Varon said:
:) Yup. Much better. Very nice. Btw, is thecancernews.info your blog? It actually looks very nice.

•••
Does anyone know if WhyPark allows 301 redirects? It looks like Google has two separate cached versions of my WhyPark page anybadcredit.com ; one with the "www" and one without. By using a 301 redirect I can eliminate this...just curious if this is possible with WhyPark

•••
No idea, but your sites rock!

chipdomains82 said:
Does anyone know if WhyPark allows 301 redirects? It looks like Google has two separate cached versions of my WhyPark page anybadcredit.com ; one with the "www" and one without. By using a 301 redirect I can eliminate this...just curious if this is possible with WhyPark

•••
mrizos said:
No idea, but your sites rock!

Thanks! :D You actually inspired me to just create another one. This time a VoIP history site (still under construction).

•••
Wow I can't believe what some of you have done to your whypark sites...very impressive. I need to spend some extra time and spruce mine up too. This is a great thread to help others and shows overall that whypark is well worth the investment.

•••
ak007 said:
Wow I can't believe what some of you have done to your whypark sites...very impressive. I need to spend some extra time and spruce mine up too. This is a great thread to help others and shows overall that whypark is well worth the investment.

If you can pick up the basics ogf HTML and CSS, the possibilites are endless. I bought a book for $10 and it has really helped me. Afer the HTML/CSS skills, you need to pump out some good content (I modified an old college term paper for www.anyvoipinfo.com ; obviously WhyPark gives you free article feeds) and links and you're off and running. Getting (quality) links has been my hardest part so far.

•••
chipdomains82 said:
If you can pick up the basics ogf HTML and CSS, the possibilites are endless. I bought a book for $10 and it has really helped me. Afer the HTML/CSS skills, you need to pump out some good content (I modified an old college term paper for www.anyvoipinfo.com ; obviously WhyPark gives you free article feeds) and links and you're off and running. Getting (quality) links has been my hardest part so far.

Very nice. :) and html/css skills will hold good for a lifetime. As you said, getting 1 way links is the tough part. I have managed around 250 for my domain parking site, but its hard work at times.

•••
I would say the absolute hardest part of domaining, deving and everything in the middle is creating great quality content. Basically it's write what you know about...in detail and well..."if you write it (well) clicks will come".

:blink:

•••
financejargon.com

hey those are some great sites there... if you look at the flexibility that whypark offers they are more of a webhost than a parkign provider.. they kind of just make the whole sitebuilding business easy with lots of readymade content... i guess thats kind of obvious.. :p

anyway.. i hav finally made all that i wanted to do with my whypark site.. a lil bit of small tweaking like adding contact info etc. remains...
http://www.financejargon.com - wat do you guys think?

•••
OctaneInv said:
Header loads for me!
thanks mate :)

mrizos said:
I would say the absolute hardest part of domaining, deving and everything in the middle is creating great quality content. Basically it's write what you know about...in detail and well..."if you write it (well) clicks will come".

:blink:
and content is what whypark provides in plenty!
ur right.. content makes all the difference.. that's y soemthing as simple as blogs became so popular when you see big shot websites goin down the drain. Whypark makes this job very easy for us with its readymade stuff.. its almost like a host than a parking provider.. and that's great flexibility!

slightly off topic to what i jus spoke.. i hav kinda like finally finished workin on the template of my whypark site - http://financejargon.com ... what do u guys think of it?

•••
VoIP History

I'm ecstatic this morning! Google has already indexed anyvoipinfo.com less than 3 days after creating the site on WhyPark! According to the Google Cache it was crawled within 24 hours of going live. I just checked, and one of my web pages is appearing on the 1st or 2nd page of Google results for terms like "VoIP History", "History of VoIP" and "Early History of Telecommunications", and according to Google Analytics-I've already received hits for people searching for these keywords in Google.... all very exciting! I already tweaked some of my content and tags to help improve Google rankings, and I'm hopeful to rank even higher next time Google crawls. I'm sure other WhyPark users have achieved indexing this quickly as well...Ijust wanted to let the non-users know that WhyPark really does work. I even got some Adsense clicks already! :D

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back