Domain Empire

Custom Whypark sites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering if any of you guys have built custom sites on why park. Is it possible to use an IDE (like dreamweaver) to add my custom content, or do I have to just edit the code? :gl:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NM, I figured it out on my own. I started adding custom content to cancerreports.orghttp://cancerreports.com (which is hosted at whypark).

•••
wow. Good job. what did you do? did you set up your page in dreamweaver and then paste the code into the whypark code box?

•••
Thanks, it's gettin there. :) That's all i did really (design in dreamweaver and paste in whypark's layout). The hard part is deciding how many links to external sites I should have and figuring what subjects I could write/update on a weekly basis. I have about 40 domains that could use the same template...this is getting to be a full time job :)

•••
i made some updates, let me know what ya think.

•••
the layout and content looks great, the adsense is positioned very well, If you had a nice template, You would have your self one super site going!!

•••
-X- said:
the layout and content looks great, the adsense is positioned very well, If you had a nice template, You would have your self one super site going!!

Thanks man. I know next to nothing about CSS, so the template may take awhile. I think I'm going to be adding about 20 more articles which I'll update 1 a week. If cancerreports.org gets alot of uniques I may move it off to a small host and really dev it up. I have 40 domains based on health.

•••
Same here, I have not a clue about any CSS-lol...I just do what i can do imyself, I would like to get about 6 custom templates made, Or have a coder pimp my template.

•••
well, I added more today. New content + a few new ad's (auction ads).

•••
Hi all
The only major change I have on my sites is that I now have adsense (aproved a few days ago). I just finished trying to change the background colour to light grey but it didn't work. Here's what I did:
Went to the site's Layout, and on CSS (style sheet) code I changed the Background colour from "background: #C6EDFD url" to "#E2E6E8" and hit Submit. Nothing changed!
Must be doing something wrong.
I need to put in a lot more work, but this thread got me excited because I see some excelent work being done on WhyPark sites. Well done guys.
Regards
GIL

www.healthylifetrends.com www.come2portugal.info

•••
Great work guys, Im set to start customizing mine soon.

One question for you experienced whyparkers: When choosing your keywords, how many do you normally go with?

Im noticing that while choosing a lot of keywords gets you a lot of articles, which may be good for generating PR, it really makes the site content seem all over the place.

So is it better to have only a few good keywords and maybe only a couple hundred articles but well defined content, or is it good to use a lot of keywords and have 600, 700, 800 or more articles, but much more haphazard content?

•••
GILSAN said:
Hi all
The only major change I have on my sites is that I now have adsense (aproved a few days ago). I just finished trying to change the background colour to light grey but it didn't work. Here's what I did:
Went to the site's Layout, and on CSS (style sheet) code I changed the Background colour from "background: #C6EDFD url" to "#E2E6E8" and hit Submit. Nothing changed!
Must be doing something wrong.
I need to put in a lot more work, but this thread got me excited because I see some excelent work being done on WhyPark sites. Well done guys.
Regards
GIL

www.healthylifetrends.com www.come2portugal.info

I had the same frustration in the begining, but after a few hours it got much easier. Whypark sites are really nothing more than a verysmall minisite. I want to really offer my visitors something tough. It's truly amazing how fast google index's my whypark sites. $100 flat hosting for 100 domains...you just cant beat it. :kickass:

•••
Mrizos,
I noticed youre using dreamweaver.

How did you make your page stay centred in the broswer window like that?

•••
healymedia said:
Mrizos,
I noticed youre using dreamweaver.

How did you make your page stay centred in the broswer window like that?

<center>
blah
blah
blah
</center>

•••
Lol so all this time I thought it was some special trick I just need to center my entire page body.
:guilty:

•••
healymedia said:
Lol so all this time I thought it was some special trick I just need to center my entire page body.
:guilty:
yeppers... :bingo:

•••
Hey mrizos,
You've seem to be so busy that you overlooked the following on your cancer site:
"The top 10 cancer centers for the united states". Should be "United States". It just seems to make the U.S. look so much smaller.
Regards
GIL

www.healthylifetrends.com - www.come2portugal.info

•••
Matt, not to burst your bubble but the layout is an eyesore. The Google ads display jewelry and the content is stacked without any spacing. People need shorter pages, a clean navigation interface and related ads.

•••
Acroplex said:
Matt, not to burst your bubble but the layout is an eyesore. The Google ads display jewelry and the content is stacked without any spacing. People need shorter pages, a clean navigation interface and related ads.

yeah, your right. It's very cluttered at the moment. I just throwing in things and pulling them out just to test spacing and placing since I suck with css. I'll get back to ya when I tidy everything up.

•••
That's the Greek spirit at work :D

•••
Acroplex said:
That's the Greek spirit at work :D

check it now. how did you know i was greek??? My biggest concern is that i link off to other sites. I want to keep people on my why park site, but your pretty much stuck with one page.

Yes, I know you can add multiple "custom" pages, however those don't work well when you customize like i do.

decisions decisions...

•••
Matt, to keep people on your site you need to localize the content. E.g. use Wordpress (http://www.Wordpress.org) to make a blog.

I knew you're Greek because of your last name :)

•••
Acroplex said:
Matt, to keep people on your site you need to localize the content. E.g. use Wordpress (http://www.Wordpress.org) to make a blog.

I knew you're Greek because of your last name :)

Ah, most think it's Italian (good job). Yeah, I'm trying the whole wordpress thing with geekfeeder.net . It's a personal rss reader really + I started adding all my namepros clips there too.

•••
Why

mrizos said:
NM, I figured it out on my own. I started adding custom content to cancerreports.orghttp://cancerreports.com (which is hosted at whypark).

Is there a reason you have not capitalized the begining of each name?

cancerreport vs CancerReport

Change the photo from the rolled up magazine paper to either some kind of official report looking document or even a Dr carrying a binder of some sort, even a atoms or cells would be better.

Many people are very visual and I 've increased my ctr greatly from adjusting to appropriate visuals. It can really make a difference but do not get too loud with it.

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
Is there a reason you have not capitalized the begining of each name?

cancerreport vs CancerReport

Change the photo from the rolled up magazine paper to either some kind of official report looking document or even a Dr carrying a binder of some sort, even a atoms or cells would be better.

Many people are very visual and I 've increased my ctr greatly from adjusting to appropriate visuals. It can really make a difference but do not get too loud with it.

Yeah, the report photo is a good idea, so is changing the title. Thx. I have all new domains (about 1.5 weeks old), getting any traffic to them is a total pain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back