NameSilo

CRITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Entire Domain Community

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Carlton

Internet Real EstateVIP Member
Impact
Dear NamePros Friends - An online petition was posted today to the internet that is very important to all of us. The petition is located at:

BadForBusiness.org

ICANN have proposed damaging contracts pertaining to .biz, .info, and .org domain names that will allow discriminatory pricing. This means that the renewal fees on your biz/info/org domain names may be jacked up in price many times over. Can you imagine paying $500 per year for each biz/info/org name in your portfolio?

It is critically important that you, your friends, the entire internet community fight these unacceptable contract terms that will open the door to many abuses and that may damage online commerce for years to come. Your signature on this petition will deliver a clear message to members of Congress that you will not allow your business endeavors on the internet to be crippled by predatory pricing as a result of poorly written contracts blessed by ICANN.

Please read and sign the petition at your earliest convenience. It will be a very worthwhile investment on your part in preserving years of hard work, investment, and financial risk.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure if this has been posted in the thread. A Sept 6th letter sent to ICANN urges them to provide ample time for public discourse on the issue of the contracts.

The letter

A significant list of signatories on the letter include:

Directi, Schlund, TUCOWS, GoDaddy, Register.com, Network Solutions, among others.

Another positive element.

•••
allroundguy said:
I will stop domaining if anybody makes its more complicated than it is. And You bet that I am not alone.

My form of protesting is the same. If the prices go too high I stop buying.
When gas goes up I start pulling out my bicycle more often.

•••
Moralists and volunteers get us nowhere.
Right. Tell that to the survivors of 9/11 and Katrina.

•••
allroundguy said:
When everybody buys, I sell. That's why I am still there. I hope ICANN people read this. Moralists and volunteers get us nowhere. It is the entrepreneurs that keep this planet turning. We will always find something to make up, or just make up something. I will stop domaining if anybody makes its more complicated than it is. And You bet that I am not alone.
Inactivity will get you nowhere. There is NO good argument for kicking back and letting the big guys crap wash over you.

verbster said:
Right. Tell that to the survivors of 9/11 and Katrina.
Well said.

•••
Let us not get carried away by emotions and mix up things. I am a survivor too. I have been on the edge more than once. Survivors are not losers. They are winners. Why the big guys are big? Because they usually don't let their actions to be much influenced by emotions. Because they are inventive. Because they turn misfortune into tools. If all domain holders would decide to not sell for under $5,000.00 for a few weeks, prices would go up. In a year, You all would be big guys. Well, some at least.

•••
allroundguy said:
If all domain holders would decide to not sell for under $5,000.00 for a few weeks, prices would go up. In a year, You all would be big guys. Well, some at least.
Hmm, interesting thought

•••
WGS_Thunder said:
Hmm, interesting thought

Well since the majority of my domains would not sell for $5 I guess holding out for a minumum of $5000 will not dent my sales volume greatly.LoL.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back