Dynadot

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One other preparation relevant for NPers:

Prepare for domain sales to likely dry up for a while.

Personally, I am thinking twice about my renewals. Only the best will be carried through this storm.

•••
First, the doctors are required to treat the symptoms, like fever.

Second, the patients are placed on a strict, nutritious diet.

The third step, according to Nguyen, is to closely monitor the oxygen saturation level in the blood of the patients.

Could this mean the virus can be starved of oxygen? This is interesting because you can change your own oxygen levels by simply breathing in a paper bag.

"Worldwar Z "?

•••
Just wasted 35 mins watching the first half of the linked video, so you don't have to.

In case anyone is curious: it's two conspiracy theorist youtubers feeding each other a bunch of bullsh*t, and it's a disservice to the community to share it.

By watching videos like this, we're literally paying people to spread disinformation.

I assure you aplanetruth4u is not a monetized channel. There are better videos, the point is take everything you see in the media and I mean everything...with several grains of salt.

The disinformation agents have propagandized us with lies since we got here, every single one of us has been mind controlled to beLIEve things that are not true.

Real Eyes Realize the Real Lies.

•••
"Worldwar Z "?

Great movie, the concept was to confuse the virus by convincing it that there host was unsuitable.

What I'm "Guessing" is if you do get infected starve it out by changing your o2 levels.

•••
First, the doctors are required to treat the symptoms, like fever.

Second, the patients are placed on a strict, nutritious diet.

The third step, according to Nguyen, is to closely monitor the oxygen saturation level in the blood of the patients.

Could this mean the virus can be starved of oxygen? This is interesting because you can change your own oxygen levels by simply breathing in a paper bag.

Thank you for sharing SirDrago.

Yes - it's true talented Eastern Doctors are incredibly successful at treating nearly all issues besides severe acute trauma with sound principles of holistic mind. In a prior post I link to a dialogue between two Eastern Doctors regarding herbal formulas.

I'll mention this Vietnam example and the oxygen saturation component to my colleagues tomorrow at the #1 Eastern Medicine School in California. We do have herbal formula recommendations already, of course those supplies are thinning. Indeed this is a hot topic in the community.

Last edited:
•••
One other preparation relevant for NPers:

Prepare for domain sales to likely dry up for a while.

Personally, I am thinking twice about my renewals. Only the best will be carried through this storm.

Send me any of your names you plan to liquidate should you decide to sell , I will be holding, most likely buying names from domainers that liquidate, should that take place.

•••
•••
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/coronavirus-us-health-insurance-covid-19-12489880

These include a large and growing population without medical insurance, the 11 million or so undocumented migrants afraid to come into contact with authorities, and a culture of "powering through" when sick for fear of losing one's job.

"These are all things that can perpetuate the spread of a virus," said Brandon Brown, an epidemiologist at UC Riverside.

The interesting thing about all of that, It is possible it wont get to that, the closest hospital to me has a total of 135 bed capacity over 5 total floors, one of the floors is completely used for labor & delivery of babies, so 4 floors available with a 135 bed capacity, The ER has 28 rooms.

We are in no way ready for any large epidemic of anything through out the United States, the hospitals will fill quickly, the medical staff will be completely overwhelmed, supplies will thin out quickly.

I am accounting for Americas largest hospitals as well, we are in no way ready for a epidemic deadly virus

Last edited:
•••
Let us all hope, with summer onset in Asia, virus will die out the natural way.

•••
Never mind

Last edited:
•••
deaths_age_industry_80.png

Notice there huge difference in age groups here.
Baby's don't eat meats, chicken and fish. Parents tend to go more natural like vegetables and fruits.
Those three are injected with steroids and growth hormones including antibiotics which lower our own body's abilities to fight off infections.
So the age old saying...
"Feed a cold, starve a fever.” The classic saying suggests that a cold can be squashed with adequate food intake, while a fever will burn off faster if you, well, fast. ... The idea was that eating more could help raise the body's temperature and thus kick the cold.

Might be the Vietnam cure along with oxygen saturation.

•••
Below is an article re: covid in Europe...

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...-3-000-as-asian-stock-markets-plunge-11947682

This link will take you to brief news headlines/statistics with a few having links to more details:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#news

I've gotten several emails from people here in the US overnight that went out to get some supplies...about half said that some items in their area were low in stock and a some gone. It is time to get out an pick up a few things...news over the next 72 hours may spark a little more panic buying. btw, don't forget to keep about 30 days (or more) of pet food on hand for your best friends.

Attachments

• covid March 2.jpg
    covid March 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Shop NOW unless you're prepared to wait in massive lines & hope the supplies you're looking for are available.

The weekend buying reduced stocks but today and tonight, things in transit will arrive in stores. Tomorrow would be a good day to get out to pick things up.

•••
The weekend buying reduced stocks but today and tonight, things in transit will arrive in stores. Tomorrow would be a good day to get out to pick things up.

This is getting surreal.

•••

It's true, buy during the week in general is a good rule of thumb for busy Costcos.

The fear p*rn will drive up sales.

My 100,000ish population town isn't so packed at the single Costco, but it is true, Costcos are zoos in big cities, especially on weekends.

•••
1st case just reported in my country Jordan, Jordanian citizen returning from Italy.

He returned on the 15th, before Royal Jordanian suspended flight from Italy.

Problem is, he is the marketing manager at Carrefour, very active individual. Their headquarters in Amman is on lock down.

Anyway, may Allah/God help us through this, in a small country like Jordan, we cannot afford a massive outbreak.

Hope you & your families remain safe & healthy.

•••
I spent a week preparing in case it gets to where we are. The number of complicated cases will certainly flood local hospitals if we experience something like Italy did. I prefer to stay clear from public places until we can be safely establish a reliable treatment.

My local costco is almost always full except Mondays when they open. There is no reason to panic though. Don't go loading up your credit cards and abandoning your inventory. The most important resource is water, so focus on that first and then get canned food if you deem it necessary.

If anything, the digital economy will see an explosion in the coming months as more of us avoid person-to-person contact. If you do decide "not to renew" please liquidate your inventory in an orderly exit, don't just dump your stuff on the side of the street, so to speak. Just remember any asset will experience downward valuations if there are more sellers than buyers.

Some tips on prevention, there are industrial gas masks with carbon filters at Home Depot, Lower, Ace, local hardware stores that will work better than N95 masks for several reasons. Mostly, N95 masks will work for a short span of time before your breath renders them useless. The industrial masks seal tighter and can be used for several days before you need to replace the filters.

Stay safe out there, brothers and sisters.

•••
Seattle-area officials report 4 new coronavirus deaths, bringing US total to 6

^ Article says 3 right now, but I'm watching the livestream on KOMO and they say it's 4 new deaths. That makes a total of "6 deaths at Evergreen". 4 of those deaths are linked to the Lifecare facility.

Some things I'm hearing from the doctor in the livestream:

"Likely many more cases" circulating in the community.
"This will pose a serious challenge to the medical system across the country & world"
"Even this early in the outbreak, our hospitals are struggling to cope with the strain"
"The idea is the lessen the impact; we know we can't stop the outbreak"

There are currently 18 known COVID-19 cases in King, Snohomish Counties.

Last edited:
•••
Seattle-area officials report 4 new coronavirus deaths, bringing US total to 6

^ Article says 3 right now, but I'm watching the livestream on KOMO and they say it's 4 new deaths. That makes a total of "6 deaths at Evergreen". 4 of those deaths are linked to the Lifecare facility.

Some things I'm hearing from the doctor in the livestream:

"Likely many more cases" circulating in the community.
"This will pose a serious challenge to the medical system across the country & world"
"Even this early in the outbreak, our hospitals are struggling to cope with the strain"
"The idea is the lessen the impact; we know we can't stop the outbreak"

There are currently 18 known COVID-19 cases in King, Snohomish Counties.

yeah, should it begin to spread quickly, the best place for a healthy person will be in their own home, not at a hospital IMO

•••
I am ANGRY.

This price-gouging situation on eBay is ridiculous & is putting our communities as a higher risk.

Opportunists are clearing store shelves around the country & re-selling $1 bottles of hand sanitizer for $10+, and $5 bottles for $30+. It particularly angers me to see sellers with dozens or hundreds of bottles in stock at these prices - many doing this from areas that are being especially affected, such as WA and CA. I've seen many sellers in my area also.

eBay does have a policy prohibiting this, but it seems to barely be enforced. Meanwhile, eBay is collecting ~10% of every sale in fees.

PLEASE, EVERYONE ~ take 30 seconds and go sign the petition.
Sharing this with your friends/followers would be incredible also!

If this can gain momentum, I really think we can force eBay's hand in doing what needs to be done, thereby cutting out this vast market for flipping these essential products at a massive profit.

I found eBay CEO's email address & will be forwarding the petition once it gains traction. It can also be forwarded to media outlets.

Last edited:
•••
This price-gouging situation on eBay is ridiculous & is putting our communities as a higher risk.

Although the wheel grinds slowly, there are SIGNIFICANT penalties for gouging in times of emergency...soon enough there will be proclamations that will activate these penalties. I will spend a significant amount of time daily documenting those that are taking advantage of this situation and forwarding the info to the proper authorities.

In past eras it was acceptable to tar and feather the dirt bags that took unfair advantage of situations like this (as well as more permanent solutions). It is fine for someone to make a profit, as they normally would, but to add a premium in times or local, regional or national strife is below detestable.

Just take screenshots and forward them to your local DA and to the state AG...it could take months, but these pieces of sheet will be forced to pay for being dirt bags. It is one thing to buy items to help take care of family and friends but it is another to do it for profit above and beyond what is considered 'normal'.

btw, if a marketplace is compliant in facilitating these types of transactions, and have been notified of such illegal activity, there are provisions in the law that could hold them responsible.

DISCALIMER: I am not an attorney, I just read a lot.

•••
Good thinking! I've been in touch with eBay, and will now copy their legal department on my emails.

Price gouging does seem to be illegal in CA, where eBay is based, so I would imagine that they too could also be held liable for inaction. Clearly they are not putting enough effort into this.

It may be necessary that a state of emergency has been declared first. Currently, FL and WA have made such declarations. FL has a law against price gouging; WA may not.

eBay sent me these instructions for reporting the listings; initially I couldn't find the proper category for the report. On every item, there is a Report Listing link near the description. Then:

Report Category:
Prohibited and restricted items

Reason for Report:
Offensive or violent material

Detailed Reason:
Disasters and human tragedies

Attachments

• ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back