NameSilo

news Covid19-Coronavirus updates and news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Having relatives and friends scattered all over the globe, I am getting an overload of input (some on the record and some off the record).

My intention for this thread is for community members from around the world to post first hand stories and/or links to information sources that, for the most part, should be reliable.

In my community, just outside a major southeastern city, 'assets' have been placed. Only because I have friends in both high and low places have I heard about some of this. At this point it is only some basic medical supplies that should be equally distributed anyway in preparation for a natural emergency (hurricane/wildfire/etc.).

I will start with posting a link to a site with current data that seems to come from an aggregate of sources and hope others will do the same as they come across similar sites/pages.

Because of the 'typhoid Mary' spread-ability of this disease, I feel we may be in for a really large spread globally which will impact the global economy and through extension, retail domain prices.

One thing is for sure...things will get worse before they get better.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa-coronavirus/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Looks like the IGNORE feature must be working very nicely :)
My first time using it, but I ain't got no time to waste with trolls trafficking in utter BS.

There's no point feeding the troll. Literally nothing can change the mind of someone like that. Sad.

Last edited:
•••
So some whacko.

"According to her Patreon page, “[God] generously shared with me dreams and visions (about immediately unfolding end time events.”

"Nikolas Cruz — the gunman responsible for 17 deaths at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School — was actually the victim of a secret military mind control device."

https://fullfact.org/online/wuhan-5g-coronavirus/

Again, we have all been mind controlled since entering this world. You trust the media? You trust the government? You trust the puppet politicians? You trust the drug companies whose profits depends on you being sick and not whole?

It's all theater . . .

c30d8ce85dfaaee66bbc66be63a40f32.jpg

William-Casey-CIA-disinfo-campaign.jpg.optimal.jpg

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
very little water left on the shelf at my local costco,

Been out with fam tonight for monthly gathering and just got back in...very taxing! My older sister said she was shocked this morning, at Costco, as they were spritzing sanitizer on customers hands and fully wiping down the carts before people entered the store. She asked what was next.

Last edited:
•••
Some really good info in the article below...my niece is a teaching professor in nursing and just said something to me over the phone that is unsettling re possibility of the pathogen entering through the skin. I have not looked into this at all and she was just sharing how other things are spread...if anyone can find any info re this transmission methods it would be appreciated.

From the article below...the bottom line is: WASH YOUR HANDS...OFTEN.

“Not only can you get sick from people coughing and sneezing close to you, but often times, the things they cough and sneeze actually land on your body and you touch it with your hands,” Olivero said. “And if you put your hands on your eyes or nose or mouth, you can then infect yourself.”

https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-qa-15-things-to-know-about-covid-19s-spread.html

•••
Some really good info in the article below...my niece is a teaching professor in nursing and just said something to me over the phone that is unsettling re possibility of the pathogen entering through the skin. I have not looked into this at all and she was just sharing how other things are spread...if anyone can find any info re this transmission methods it would be appreciated

If it's any comfort, all I've seen in my month+ of following this is Hands > mouth, nose, eyes. Haven't personally seen anything about it entering "through the skin" per se. Then again, I do not have a medical background. That could help explain the hazmat suits though. Otherwise, one might imagine that gloves + mask would be sufficient.

•••
•••
If it's any comfort, all I've seen in my month+ of following this is Hands > mouth, nose, eyes. Haven't personally seen anything about it entering "through the skin" per se. Then again, I do not have a medical background. That could help explain the hazmat suits though. Otherwise, one might imagine that gloves + mask would be sufficient.

I think they are still uncertain if the pathogen is airborne which could also be an explanation of the hazmat suite being used as well, their as still many uncertainties surrounding this virus, i think we will know a lot more in the next two weeks.

Last edited:
•••
I think they are still uncertain if the pathogen is airborne which could also be an explanation of the hazmat suite being used as well, their as still many uncertainties surrounding this virus, i think we will know a lot more in the next two weeks.

Damn!

Will this be the first black swan event of the current century?

Last edited:
•••

Thats weird...it has my handle in the area you quoted but the words are from a post by cbd. No biggie, just caught my eye.

Yeah, the skin thing caught me off guard but for her it was 'business as usual'. There are some 'unnatural' things that would cause it to act this way re skin penetration...there is no doubt it is airborne at this point...it concerns me how long it can survive on inanimate objects...the nature of a virus is to mutate...the longevity will increase as time moves forward. Just heard from a golf pro buddy that his home course is planning on sanitizing the carts before play tomorrow.

•••
Thats weird...it has my handle in the area you quoted but the words are from a post by cbd. No biggie, just caught my eye.

Yeah, the skin thing caught me off guard but for her it was 'business as usual'. There are some 'unnatural' things that would cause it to act this way re skin penetration...there is no doubt it is airborne at this point...it concerns me how long it can survive on inanimate objects...the nature of a virus is to mutate...the longevity will increase as time moves forward. Just heard from a golf pro buddy that his home course is planning on sanitizing the carts before play tomorrow.

Importers of stuff (sealed with air inside the packages) from China, should be worried!

•••
Importers of stuff (sealed with air inside the packages) from China, should be worried!

Unless I'm wrong the virus CANNOT survive without a human host for more than 3 hours.
Can someone confirm this?

•••
Some virus surface survival stats from an article:

Maximum time SARS-coronavirus can live on various surfaces at room temperature
The novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19 is a close relative of SARS and likely has a similar lifespan on surfaces.

Surface Hours
Plastered wall 36
Formica (laminate material on counter tops) 36
Plastic 72
Stainless steel 72
Glass 96
-------

One good thing that could come from all this, for those who survive, is the world being better prepared for when a much more deadly virus comes along. Something like this might be the only thing that would make such improved preparedness happen.

Maybe improved preparedness will end up being an important political promise for those hoping to get voted in.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
UP to 9 days according to this article under certain conditions:

https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

Thank you.

In the new study, researchers analyzed several dozen previously published papers on human coronaviruses (other than the new coronavirus) to get a better idea of how long they can survive outside of the body. The authors found that these coronaviruses can linger on surfaces for over a week but that some of them don't remain active for as long at temperatures higher than 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius). The authors also found that these coronaviruses can be effectively wiped away by household disinfectants.

•••
So, stuff which comes via air-cargo is a threat!

I was typing quickly...I edited my post to say UP to 9 days...that is outside range for corona cousins. Temps in mid 80's or higher may significantly reduce survive-ability. The hold of a ship can get toasty so considering shipping time things should die...air cargo is another issue. Just have chlorine and wipes handy for any items of uncertain history.

•••
Cases also confirmed today in Chicago

Of all the cities in the world it would end up in my city. Unbelievable. The person doesn't even know how they got it.

•••
Anyone else notice that Vietnam had 16 infected and they CURED all 16 and sent them home?

Vietnam presently has ZERO infected.

STORY

Last edited:
•••
Of all the cities in the world it would end up in my city. Unbelievable. The person doesn't even know how they got it.

""The person doesn't even know how they got it."""

This is the hardest part of the virus.

Don't feel alone, this virus will most likely be on the ground in every city through out the US soon, It is spreading person to person now, it is most likely on objects, door handles, desks and ect.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Anyone else notice that Vietnam had 16 infected and they CURED all 16 and sent them home?

Vietnam presently has ZERO infected.

STORY

First, the doctors are required to treat the symptoms, like fever.

Second, the patients are placed on a strict, nutritious diet.

The third step, according to Nguyen, is to closely monitor the oxygen saturation level in the blood of the patients.

Could this mean the virus can be starved of oxygen? This is interesting because you can change your own oxygen levels by simply breathing in a paper bag.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back